Eagle Time
Only Y, W words allowed within - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: BAWK BAWK (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+---- Forum: Hawkspace (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+---- Thread: Only Y, W words allowed within (/showthread.php?tid=874)

Pages: 1 2

Only Y, W words allowed within - SeaWyrm - 10-13-2014

You may only write words with Y - alternately, W.
Otherwise, penalty!
Now, write & reply meaningfully.

RE: Only Y, W words allowed within - Schazer - 10-13-2014

No

RE: Only Y, W words allowed within - Gatr - 10-13-2014

Luckily, my wit will accompany my word wealth.

What trophy will we win when we answer correctly?

Pretty watches? Flying monkeys? Possibly... yellow glow worms?!

RE: Only Y, W words allowed within - ☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ - 10-13-2014

circumlocution

RE: Only Y, W words allowed within - SeaWyrm - 10-13-2014

Chwoka, you're wrong. Penalty! However, you may try repeatedly.

ome-garu-by, you will win imaginary fancy wreaths.

Schazymancer, contrary answers wreak sorrow.

RE: Only Y, W words allowed within - Whimbrel - 10-13-2014

Why weren't we wspeaking wabout Whimbrel herey

RE: Only Y, W words allowed within - Infrared - 10-13-2014

what's thy penalty

RE: Only Y, W words allowed within - Loather - 10-13-2014

wyy: wywwywww: wyww & ywwyww: wywwywy: 1848: wywywywwy yw wwy wywwywyww wywwy: wwywwyw 1: [wywwyw ywywywyw]

wywywywwy yw wwy wywwywyww wywwy

y wwywwwy yw wyywwyww yywywy — wwy wwywwwy yw wywwywyww. yww wwy wywyww yw yww yywywy wywy ywwywyw ywwy y wywy ywwyywwy wy ywywwywy wwyw wwywwwy: wywy yww wwyw, wywwywwyww yww wyywyw, wwywww wywywyww yww wywwyw wywywy-wwyyw.

Wwywy yw wwy wywwy yw ywwywywyyw wwyw wyw wyw wyyw wywwyyw yw wywwywywwyw wy yww ywwywywww yw wywyw? Wwywy yw wwy ywwywywyyw wwyw wyw wyw wywwyw wyww wwy wwywwyww wywwyyww yw wywwywyww, ywyywww wwy wywy ywwywwyw ywwywywyyw wywwyyw, yw wyww yw ywyywww yww wyywwyywywy ywwywwywyyw?

wwy wwywww wywyww wwyw wwyw wyww:

y. wywwywyww yw ywwyywy ywwwywwywwyw wy yww yywywyyw wywyww wy wy ywwyww y wywyw.

yy. yw yw wyww wywy wwyw wywwywywww wwyyww ywywwy, yw wwy wywy yw wwy wwywy wywww, wywwyww wwyyw wyyww, wwyyw yyww, wwyyw wywwywwyyw, yww wyyw wwyw wywwywy wywy yw wwy wwywwwy yw wywwywyww wyww y wywywywwy yw wwy wywwy ywwyww.

RE: Only Y, W words allowed within - SleepingOrange - 10-13-2014

... cwm!

RE: Only Y, W words allowed within - MaxieSatan - 10-15-2014

(10-13-2014, 06:06 AM)SleepingOrange Wrote: »... cwm!

How filthy.

RE: Only Y, W words allowed within - Dalmationer - 10-21-2014

wario

RE: Only Y, W words allowed within - Loather - 10-21-2014

waluigi

RE: Only Y, W words allowed within - Gatr - 10-21-2014

my word. apparently, only myself, with seawyrm, knows words with w/y. everybody, without eddy, guy, only knows worthless words.

for reals though this thread was kind of supposed to be an interesting word challenge? then i guess nobody took part in it, and instead chose to mock the very concept, and seawyrm too, for suggesting it. way to ruin what could have been a fun game.

RE: Only Y, W words allowed within - ICan'tGiveCredit - 10-22-2014

How about no one can use any letters from now on. ;)

RE: Only Y, W words allowed within - Gatr - 10-22-2014

4 3, 6!

RE: Only Y, W words allowed within - SeaWyrm - 10-22-2014

I am not terribly offended. I don't think that in practice there's really all that much you can even say with Y and W words that's worth saying. Depending on how much you like adverbs.
Garuru and I are clearly the best people, though. The rest of you are sadly inferior.

RE: Only Y, W words allowed within - Gatr - 10-22-2014

i guess but my gripe was more with the format of hawkspace allowing people to post meaningless stuff in threads that maybe should have meaning or was initially suggested to have meaning? i don't know, i think what i really want is a middle ground between general chat, where meaningful posts are nonverbally required, and hawkspace, where you can just post whatever. like maybe i want to post about idk my cats and shit (i dont own any) in general chat but its kind of weirdly stagnant over there, and there are only a few threads consistently topping over there, and they have general topics, so i kind of feel discouraged from making new threads for really small meaningless stuff. on the other hand, if for example i were to make a thread like seawyrm's and have some minimal rules, then i'd like if people played along and didnt shitpost absolutely meaningless posts on my thread.

basically it would be cool if posts in a thread actually related to that thread and otherwise individual threads could be about anything. this is obviously not related to the thread at all so im being totally hypocritical but who cares. maybe ill crosspost it into idk subforum ideas? we chat about stuff?

RE: Only Y, W words allowed within - Jacquerel - 10-22-2014

I feel like you may have just been overestimating the appeal of... I don't know, I honestly don't even know what the challenge was really supposed to be? Like, I don't know how this could have kept going for more than it did anyway even without other people "ruining" it.
Nobody was really stopping you from continuing to post like that if it's what you wanted to do.

Nobody was mocking Seawyrm or you, for that matter. And several people who don't have those names were taking part, they just wrote shorter posts. Was there meant to be a minimum length limit? Because at no point was that mentioned.
Nobody attempted to start a conversation including you or the OP so there wasn't anything for anyone to continue responding to. What were people supposed to say in response to you literally just listing a bunch of words with Y in them, addressed directly to one person? Is that challenging? Are we supposed to not repeat words?

There wasn't any particular indication that posting otherwise was a terrible offence, nor does SeaWyrm actually seem to have been upset by it.
It just seems really odd to me to be making these complaints about people "ruining the spirit of the topic" when... you didn't make the topic, and the person who did is pretty ok with how it went down.

Like I can understand you wanting people to keep their posts at a relative silliness level appropriate to whatever topic it happens to be in but it seems to me that given the response by the person who actually made it... you yourself number amongst the people who did not judge that correctly?

RE: Only Y, W words allowed within - Gatr - 10-23-2014

the above rant wasnt strictly related to the thread. just something that came to me as a result of this.

sorry for getting all srs bsns on this though. like idk hawkspace in general is getting to me i guess.

and i really am not in a position to judge whether other peoples posts are right for anything, so sorry again.

(i still stand by what i said, just note that it doesnt relate to this particular thread anymore)

RE: Only Y, W words allowed within - ICan'tGiveCredit - 10-23-2014

(10-23-2014, 01:26 AM)Garuru Wrote: »sorry for getting all srs bsns on this though. like idk hawkspace in general is getting to me i guess.

the hawks are just... everywhere. Poor Garuru has to look behind him wherever he goes.

[Image: tumblr_lheqhcs1S51qbsfiko1_500.gif]

RE: Only Y, W words allowed within - SeaWyrm - 10-23-2014

I can see where Garuru is coming from, though.
I mean, I might've felt differently if I thought the challenge had more meat on it. It kind of sucks when you do a thing but nobody else is willing to play along.
But then again, that's sort of a risk you face no matter what. I'm not sure Hawkspace's particular atmosphere makes a big difference.
Dunno.

RE: Only Y, W words allowed within - SeaWyrm - 10-23-2014

Syzygy.

RE: Only Y, W words allowed within - Gatr - 10-23-2014

Powwow.

RE: Only Y, W words allowed within - Loather - 12-07-2014

they're

RE: Only Y, W words allowed within - Reyweld - 03-21-2015

[Image: giphy.gif]

My necromancy with your writing competency will yield wondrous reward.