Eagle Time
Living Martyr - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Adventures and Games (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+---- Forum: Forum Adventures (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Living Martyr (/showthread.php?tid=750)

Pages: 1 2

Living Martyr - Kíeros - 08-01-2013

"Hello? Hello? Someone?"

A few hours ago, you woke up in this darkened room. Nothing at all was in the room, and the only way out was through a door--locked, of course. Since then, you've been calling for help nearly nonstop. Unfortunately since then, you've heard nary but your own voice's reverberations. You're going to get out, one way or another.

But before you can escape, you need a name to be called by. What is that name?

RE: Living Martyr - ICan'tGiveCredit - 08-01-2013

> Robert Faderogie

RE: Living Martyr - AgentBlue - 08-01-2013

> Urist McBeardsword

RE: Living Martyr - Kíeros - 08-01-2013

SpoilerShow

RE: Living Martyr - ICan'tGiveCredit - 08-01-2013

uhh uhh umm

> Alicia Makriman

RE: Living Martyr - Coldblooded - 08-01-2013

> Ryan Delaney

Yes, your parents really did name you Ryan. Not a great name to grow up with, that's for sure.

RE: Living Martyr - Whimbrel - 08-01-2013

Urist is a fine name for a dwarf of any gender. Why, your mother was also an Urist, and a fine warrior at that. It's thanks to her that you learned the art of dodging at a young age, clinging to her beard as she trained in the danger room. Evasion will serve you well when you've a chance to escape.

RE: Living Martyr - Kíeros - 08-03-2013

(08-01-2013, 05:47 PM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »> Alicia Makriman
That's it! You're Alicia Makriman. That still doesn't change the fact you're trapped in this room.

Looking around, you make your surveys on what all there is. Firstly, the bed you woke up in. Second, there's the locked door. It doesn't actually feel locked, just that something big is blocking it on the other side. Then there's a chest in the corner, but that one is actually locked. You can hear a little rattling in it, but outside of that, you've no clue what it is. Finally, there's a little bureau, but there wasn't anything in there.

RE: Living Martyr - ICan'tGiveCredit - 08-03-2013

> Is there something in the bureau now?

RE: Living Martyr - whoosh! - 08-03-2013

> Strip the bed. Look in the pillow cases, under the sheets, under the mattress. You don't have a lot of options at present so ransacking the room is something to do at least.

> Examine the chest. How sturdy is it? Could you smash it open with enough force? Try throwing it against the wall and jumping on it from the bed or the bureau. It doesn't seem like you have to worry about making too much noise if nobody has responded to your shouts for help.

RE: Living Martyr - Kíeros - 08-08-2013

(08-03-2013, 08:15 PM)whoosh! Wrote: »> Examine the chest. How sturdy is it? Could you smash it open with enough force? Try throwing it against the wall and jumping on it from the bed or the bureau. It doesn't seem like you have to worry about making too much noise if nobody has responded to your shouts for help.
The chest looks like it's solid oak. Probably weighs more than you do. If I had anything to smash it open with, those items would have to be as durable as it is. Realistically, unless if I find a key somewhere, it's not going to be opened.
(08-03-2013, 03:47 AM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »> Is there something in the bureau now?
Stuff doesn't just magically appear, though. I searched high and low in there, and there was nothing. See, I'll even reopen the drawers for you. First drawer, see? There's...

An envelope? Okay, that wasn't in there before.

RE: Living Martyr - ICan'tGiveCredit - 08-08-2013

> Open the envelope.

RE: Living Martyr - Kíeros - 08-11-2013

(08-08-2013, 09:37 PM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »> Open the envelope.

Hoping for anything to get you out of there, you tear open the envelope. All that's in there is a single sheet of paper. Taking the note out, you read it, hoping it can give you some clue how to get out of here.

Quote:Hello, my dear Alicia. So sorry we cannot meet on better terms, but there's a reason for this, which I'm sure you'll find out in time.

Outside of this room, there are monsters, trying to kill you. However, there also are fellow adventurers as well. What you really have to deal with is that these monsters are tricky. What appears as a human might be a monster, and vice versa.

I'm not so crazy as to send you out without being able to protect yourself, though. Attached to the back of this are five keys. The small one is to the door, when you're ready. The four larger ones open the chest. Choose wisely, as only one will work.

Turning the letter over, you see the five keys, as described. How they managed to get folded into the envelope and evade detection from you earlier is unknown. You take the small silver key, and place it in your pocket. The other four, you examine more closely. Despite having different, gaudy colors (red, yellow, green, and blue), they are designed exactly the same way, confirmed when you placed two over each other and they lined up perfectly. How only one can work, you don't know.

RE: Living Martyr - ICan'tGiveCredit - 08-11-2013

> Alicia: Try the green key on the chest.

RE: Living Martyr - AgentBlue - 08-12-2013

> Alicia: Try the blue key on the chest.

RE: Living Martyr - Whimbrel - 08-13-2013

the blue key is the correct one

RE: Living Martyr - Kíeros - 08-15-2013

(08-12-2013, 02:10 PM)AgentBlue Wrote: »> Alicia: Try the blue key on the chest.
(08-13-2013, 06:07 AM)Whimbrel Wrote: »the blue key is the correct one
Going with your instincts, you decide to try the blue key first. Unsurprisingly, it fits, and the chest unlocks easily.

Inside you find a sword. Well, that's great. You've never used one before, and now you're supposed to defend yourself with it?

(08-11-2013, 10:40 PM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »> Alicia: Try the green key on the chest.
Just checking the lock, you put the green key in as well. Surprisingly, this one doesn't fit. You then look at the green and blue keys together, and they still match.

So, any last thing you want to do before leaving?

RE: Living Martyr - ICan'tGiveCredit - 08-15-2013

> stab yourself WIELD THE SWORD

AGAINST THE DOOR

RE: Living Martyr - AgentBlue - 08-15-2013

SWALLOW THE SWORD

RE: Living Martyr - Kíeros - 08-23-2013

(08-15-2013, 04:50 AM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »> stab yourself WIELD THE SWORD

AGAINST THE DOOR
You take the sword up, and bash it as hard as you can against the door. Surprisingly, it does not budge.

Taking the other key that was on the note, the door opens that way. Amazing how following it works.
Entering the corridor, you notice that it is rocky, not at all like the room you were in. How should you proceed down it?

RE: Living Martyr - ICan'tGiveCredit - 08-23-2013

> Proceed down it with the sword majestically raised the entire time, preparing to vanquish any foes

RE: Living Martyr - Whimbrel - 08-23-2013

Drag the sword along the floor. It's heavyyyyy

RE: Living Martyr - Kíeros - 08-28-2013

(08-23-2013, 02:37 AM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »> Proceed down it with the sword majestically raised the entire time, preparing to vanquish any foes
Yes, YES! This is--
*klunk*
(08-23-2013, 04:53 AM)Whimbrel Wrote: »Drag the sword along the floor. It's heavyyyyy
Now whose bright idea was it to give me a sword taller than you are? How are they expecting you to fight? Having them asphyxiate while laughing at your sword.

You are far too busy grumbling to notice the blonde girl running full tilt into you, knocking the two of you to the ground.

RE: Living Martyr - ICan'tGiveCredit - 08-28-2013

> get up

RE: Living Martyr - Kíeros - 08-29-2013

(08-28-2013, 12:35 AM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »> get up
You struggle up, with both your sword and the other girl knocking you off balance.

"Hey," the other girl jabbers to you when she gets up. "Sorry 'bout that, guess I shoulda paid attention to where I was goin'. So, I'm Claire; you are?"

"Uh, Alicia."

"You here for the same thing, the adventuring?"

"Apparently."

"Great! Wanna work together? There's nothin' behind me, and I don't think there is anything behind you, so that leaves only one way to go."