Eagle Time
Something Beautiful. (Planning 1/3 *update*) - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Cool Shit You Can Do (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Forum Adventures (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Something Beautiful. (Planning 1/3 *update*) (/showthread.php?tid=4634)

Something Beautiful. (Planning 1/3 *update*) - huggerspook - 01-24-2020

[Image: ddoyed6-8022568d-8ba4-4498-88b4-75d4744f...rCzR-LYWB0]
This universe is empty. This universe has always been like this, and it looks like nothing will ever change.
[Image: ddoyab7-ca532e04-ced4-483e-8e9c-3159e265...rfudNTiPeE]
Wait, what's that? It seems like something does exist after all. Oh, that just so happens to be you.
[Image: ddoyaay-a36cc9c1-0e24-45b6-92e0-43c204a4...sdWK_IWCjo]
You are the Demiurge of this universe: a godly being that has been asleep since this universe started to exist, which is forever.
-
You're going to wake up soon. Your awakening will create matter and start time.
Unfortunately, this will also cause you to lose your physical form. 
-
On the bright side, you'll become an incorporeal being that can take any form, even if it can't interact with the physical plane.

What form will you take?

Choose an Animal and a Colour.

RE: Something Beautiful. (Start) - typeandkey - 01-24-2020

>A Purple Pangolin

RE: Something Beautiful. (Start) - Sleepy - 01-31-2020

a green goat

RE: Something Beautiful. (Start) - ProfessorLizzard - 01-31-2020

>Salmon Walrus

RE: Something Beautiful. (Start) - Ten11 - 02-02-2020

an avocado-coloured sloth

Something Beautiful. (Planning 1/3) - huggerspook - 02-06-2020

[Image: ddp5gv8-6c5a7972-c3c0-4bef-9a50-ec1efa48...fHbGwejxZk]
[Image: ddpj43k-c227c4c0-ff02-4cd7-86e8-aa8a37a0...SzKP-ZcHxo]

-
-

[Image: ddpj45l-5e919930-d7e8-44da-8ae5-01f264de...FG0PscsGMQ]
-
-
You are the Demiurge of this universe and you just woke up.  You have a form now and although you're not quite sure of what you are, you know that it represents you perfectly.
-
[Image: ddpj4pi-705fc476-f1d4-490e-9707-51991dc9...5MWZ7m12lg]
-
-
It appears that you are not the only thing that exists in the universe anymore.
-
[Image: ddpj5dp-d6f9181a-bf31-439a-904d-d5335766...i_SFQ1PG9c]
-
-
These bright spheres are scattered all over the place now. They have weird stuff around them
and seem to be getting bigger. They look alright and all, but they don't do much. You expected to see a bit more.
-
You're getting kind of bored.
-
[Image: ddpj5ek-82050c48-0193-496c-b384-9524b1e1...Him--FmXss]
-
-
You wish there were others like you. It's not fun being the only conscious being in the universe. Will you be alone for the rest of your existence? So far the answer seems to be yes, but something tells you that it's your duty is to make other beings that can think . Somehow.
-
Maybe these big bright spheres can help you with that?
-
[Image: ddpt8ix-09553c97-33ca-4ee3-a366-38fe9d1b...h4iKyDDLp0]
-
-
You may not have a physical form anymore, but you're still very very powerful. 
-
Demiurges are not gods. They can't create things instantly. Rather, they can influence reality over time.
-
Sleeping is their power. When a Demiurge sleeps everything around them slowly starts to shift until it becomes as they envisioned it.
-
[Image: ddpt8k7-e5434a45-c4f0-4f24-bcbb-443a6620...SkMrCxGktg]
-
-
The stuff orbiting around this bright sphere is not very interesting right now, but maybe you can make into something better.

PLANNING:
PLANETS
-
Each person can suggest a planet to be added to the solar system. Only one will have life on it, but every other planet will have its impact on the story as it progresses.
-
Your description doesn't have to be very detailed, It just has to provide basic information, but if you want to be more descriptive with your planet you're more than welcome to write as much as you please.
-
Here some questions that your planet description can answer in order to make things clear for me when I'll have to draw them later on.
-
How close is your planet to the sun? Is it big? Small? Average? Does it have moons? Does it have rings?
 Is it a gaseous planet or a terrestrial planet?
-
Example: This planet is very small and extremely close to the sun, but its surface isn't particularly hot. It is a terrestrial planet and Its surface is covered with craters. It has a thin atmosphere, and it doesn’t have any moons nor rings. This planet spins around very slowly but orbits very quickly due to how close it is to the sun.

RE: Something Beautiful. (Planning 1/3) - typeandkey - 02-07-2020

>A hollow planet. The surface is a vast, sandy desert and the hollow inside is a massive underground ocean.
>It is close enough to sun that the entire surface is a desert, but not so close as to boil the ocean under its crust (potentially support life). It's big. Really, really big. Since it has no core of dense molten metal, its gravity is conveniently comparable to ours despite its huge size. It has a breathable atmosphere of O2 oxygen and the underground ocean is H2O water. It has three moons. One itty-bitty little moon and one big earth sized moon with a smaller moon of its own. All three moons are barren rock. It does not have rings. It is a terrestrial planet.

RE: Something Beautiful. (Planning 1/3) - braininaplate - 02-08-2020

A green planet. The surface has numerous holes were meteorites have fallen, and a near constant rain of emeralds happens thanks to proximity to the sun and the composition of the planet. 
The planet is very near to the sun but not near enough to not be visible in the night sky(from a planet at earth like distance from the sun). Below average in size and with two moons both made mainly of obsidian and both very small, but it has no rings to speak of. Terrestrial planet.

RE: Something Beautiful. (Planning 1/3) - Numbers - 02-08-2020

>A very large, slow-turning, streaked-and-cratered planet far from the sun, made mostly, if not all, of ice, causing it to have a very high albedo. It has an iron core allowing it a powerful magnetic field to keep the solar wind away from itself and its moons. There is a noticeable fissure on the planet where a large asteroid obliquely scraped the planet. Due to high axial tilt, some of the ice on the poles melts due to absorbing a lot of solar energy during the polar day, creating a seasonal polar ocean. A complex ring system surrounds it, and there are several moons. The inner population moons are mostly asteroidlike, with the exception of a relatively large moon. The middle population moons are somewhat larger, with a few dominant Galilean-like moons. The few outer population moons are all asteroidlike, and have elliptical, disorganized orbits, suggesting capture. The close-in dominant moon is also icy, and is heated by tidal forces to the point of volcanism, and this contributes to a sort of water cycle where water vapor, heated by the tides, rockets into the air, and some freezes back onto the surface. The second large moon is just a rocky moon, nothing much. The third moon has a thick, mostly opaque atmosphere, with never-freezing-yet-still-cold seas of ammonia water that could possibly host life. The fourth moon is smaller than the others but still relatively large, and is dominated by a feature similar to glass cracks. The fifth and final dominant moon is rich in metals, and has a potent magnetosphere of its own that gives it noticeable auroras.

RE: Something Beautiful. (Planning 1/3) - FlanDab - 02-11-2020

>A large high gravity planet that has a very elliptical orbit. At times it's closest to the sun, it's very hot, and at its farthest, cold enough to cover its highly acidic oceans with thick ice. Its thick atmosphere is laden with heavy and noxious gases that create colorful clouds that obscure the surface and press heavily upon the surface. Volcanism continuously expels noxious ash and gases into the atmosphere. A strong magnetic field keeps the atmosphere from being blown away by solar wind. It has a moon that creates the tides.

Something Beautiful. (Planning update) - huggerspook - 02-27-2020

(Hey, thank you so much for your submitting these planet descriptions! Next update is currently in the works, but in the meantime I have just finished a series of drawings depicting these planets, that I have posted on my DA and Tumblr.

I have actually been doing this since last update but I forgot to mention it because... uh...

Just wanted to let you guys know that it's gonna be a while before next update as it's very content-heavy.

Also, Something Beautiful is being mirrored on MSPFA. This is also a thing I've been doing since the start that I forgot to mention because I'm a dummy.)