Eagle Time
FortunaMMO - the MMO addon to Fortuna - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Mediawarks (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+---- Forum: Fortuna (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: FortunaMMO - the MMO addon to Fortuna (/showthread.php?tid=4007)

Pages: 1 2

FortunaMMO - the MMO addon to Fortuna - AquaTheYoshi - 11-03-2018

THIS IS MY FIRST FORTUNA FANVENTURE!
Not all things will always make sense and may be a little weird. Please excuse this and I hope you enjoy anyways.
FortunaMMO is basically some mod to Fortuna by somebody named Kris that exploded in popularity because of the idea of playing Fortuna in a world of no NPCs, all players.

[Image: page_1_by_aquadoesstuff-dcr3lxl.png]
An hour ago you started installing a really popular mod many of your friends have suggested to play. It's apparently just like Fortuna, but instead of being mostly singleplayer (ignoring the exception of sharing seeds with a friend to play multiplayer) it is a massive player generated universe. It of course has the same planets and characters from the original game, but due to the concept of being able to create planets, ships and other stuff through the workshop you will almost always encounter something you never experienced before in vanilla Fortuna.
Another bonus is that there are NO NPCS, everybody is a player. After your friend told you about it, you knew you had to check it out. Also, it seems your mod just finished installing and is now running.

[Image: page_2_by_aquadoesstuff-dcr3lx9.png]
You hold ctrl to make sure the Fortuna Mod Client is functioning correctly. Since the menu appeared, it is. You note that there are no mods other than FortunaMMO, as you don't want other mods breaking the game and ruining the experience.

[Image: page_3_by_aquadoesstuff-dcr3lx2.png]
You let go of ctrl and look at the title screen again. You decide to start a New Game. As much as you would want to see your crew in one of your existing games for the rest of the players to see, you might accidentally crash the game or something and then lose your hard work on the save file.

[Image: page_4_by_aquadoesstuff-dcr3lwp.png]
...oh. Well, that wasn't supposed to happen. Ughhh, you waited an hour for it to install, and you didn't even install it CORRECTLY? Well, if you want to experience it you will have to uninstall and reinstall the mod anyways.

[Image: page_5_by_aquadoesstuff-dcr3lw9.png]
After a fortunately much shorter wait for the mod to be reinstalled correctly, you are now greeted with... Kris? Wait, aren't you supposed to be greeted by an AI whenever you start a new game? Hmm, well, you don't put much thought into it since Kris does a short explanation (that still raises a few questions) on why. Now you need to input your name.

FIRST USER INPUT: what should you name yourself? Should you name yourself at all?

RE: FortunaMMO - the MMO addon to Fortuna - Ten11 - 11-03-2018

This is an MMO right? you should have an appropriate name.
> xX_PhantomBlade84_Xx

RE: FortunaMMO - the MMO addon to Fortuna - AquaTheYoshi - 11-04-2018

(response by Ten11)
> xX_PhantomBlade84_Xx
[Image: page_6_by_aquadoesstuff-dcr43ds.png]
You input xX_PhantomBlade84_Xx, with the fact that this is an MMO so you believe you would need an appropriate name. You believe making traits determined by how you act is an interesting, but having your stats completely RNG'd seems a little less fair.

[Image: page_7_by_aquadoesstuff-dcr43e3.png]
You are now at the character creation menu. Hmm...

*Now, you need to come up with who you play as. You can either come up with all 3, or pick one and let the next person who passes determine the next. After this, the stats will be generated and you will be spawned into the world.*

RE: FortunaMMO - the MMO addon to Fortuna - Dorsidwarf - 11-04-2018

Species: Gigne, or maybe Kaikian

RE: FortunaMMO - the MMO addon to Fortuna - Robust Laser - 11-04-2018

Pronoun: They

RE: FortunaMMO - the MMO addon to Fortuna - Ten11 - 11-04-2018

Name: xX_PhantomBlade85_Xx
or more seriously: Salby Lanister

RE: FortunaMMO - the MMO addon to Fortuna - FlanDab - 11-04-2018

Species: Zuid’tian

> Input Info

[Image: page_8_by_aquadoesstuff-dcr6teb.png]
You put in Salby Lanister as the name, the "they" pronoun, and the Kaikian species. The game accepted it, and your stats were generated. Your stats are pretty evened out, except for your strength and luck.

[Image: 0001.gif]

[Image: page_9_by_aquadoesstuff-dcr6teg.png]
Huh. Well, wherever the game spawned you at, it probably isn't the best starting place. What do you do now?

RE: FortunaMMO - the MMO addon to Fortuna - Ten11 - 11-04-2018

Find a tree and start punching it for resources

RE: FortunaMMO - the MMO addon to Fortuna - Spish - 11-04-2018

> Start heading as far to the right as you can

> Find a tree and start punching it for resources
[Image: page_10_by_aquadoesstuff-dcr78h6.png]
Haha. Very funny. This isn't Minecraft, but you look for a tree anyways. After you find one and try clicking on it, you remember you can't punch environment objects. It was worth a try. I guess.

> Call for help
[Image: page_11_by_aquadoesstuff-dcr78hf.png]
You call for help. Nobody responds, but your friend goes online and realizes you're playing Fortuna.

*I would stuff the chatlog in a spoiler but since I have no clue how to add spoilers I'll just post the short chatlog anyways*

RadBradLikesAftiks: Hey man I just noticed you playing Fortuna, you doing the multiplayer mod I sent u?
You: Yea i am, I just got spawned in the middle of nowhere help
RadBradLikesAftiks: oh? where are you i think i can help you
You: I have no idea but it's very cloudy
You: as in, the sky is pretty much entirely clouds
RadBradLikesAftiks: i think you're at Collmoros hold on let me find you

So your friend is now setting off to find you. You assume this is probably going to take a while, so you decide to do something else. There's a city in the distance, but you're also tempted to go through the forest.

*user input*

RE: FortunaMMO - the MMO addon to Fortuna - Ten11 - 11-05-2018

Forest

RE: FortunaMMO - the MMO addon to Fortuna - AquaTheYoshi - 11-05-2018

> Forest
[Image: page_12_by_aquadoesstuff-dcr7kyh.png]
You decide to go through the forest and...

[Image: page_13_by_aquadoesstuff-dcr7kyo.png]
...oh crap

>quick, climb a tree

RE: FortunaMMO - the MMO addon to Fortuna - Spish - 11-05-2018

> Check ye inventory

RE: FortunaMMO - the MMO addon to Fortuna - AquaTheYoshi - 11-05-2018

> quick, climb a tree
[Image: page_14_by_aquadoesstuff-dcr8rui.png]
You quickly climb up a tree to avoid the creature.

[Image: page_15_by_aquadoesstuff-dcr8ruo.png]
Once you make it to the top of the tree, you check your inventory.
[INVENTORY]
No items...
1000p

you have no items right now, and you only have the starting 1000p you had when you began the game. This was a mistake.

--Chatlog--
SpoilerShow

Throw one of the p on the creature's head

RE: FortunaMMO - the MMO addon to Fortuna - AquaTheYoshi - 11-07-2018

*since ten11 has been one of the only people doing answers, I'll wait for at least 1 more person to give a response or second ten11's response before I continue. I just want some more user input than 1 person if that's ok*

RE: FortunaMMO - the MMO addon to Fortuna - Thalia V1 - 11-07-2018

(11-05-2018, 09:22 PM)Ten11 Wrote: »Throw one of the p on the creature's head

Seconded

RE: FortunaMMO - the MMO addon to Fortuna - AquaTheYoshi - 11-08-2018

[Image: page_16_by_aquadoesstuff-dcrh79e.png]
You drop one of the p on the creature.

[Image: page_17_by_aquadoesstuff-dcrh79o.png]
wh- wait what?
Well, somehow that p either killed it in one hit, was a bug or it was low on health. That doesn't matter. Now that that's over you just want to get out of there.
Your friend isn't here yet, but he might be nearby.

RE: FortunaMMO - the MMO addon to Fortuna - Spish - 11-08-2018

> Try shouting out to anyone who might hear, and/or exiting the tree

RE: FortunaMMO - the MMO addon to Fortuna - FlanDab - 11-09-2018

>Take loot! The monster must have dropped something.

RE: FortunaMMO - the MMO addon to Fortuna - Ten11 - 11-09-2018

>recollect thrown p.

RE: FortunaMMO - the MMO addon to Fortuna - eerr - 11-13-2018

>Pick up some rocks for throwing.

RE: FortunaMMO - the MMO addon to Fortuna - AquaTheYoshi - 11-13-2018

[Image: page_18_by_aquadoesstuff-dcrw7ig.png]
You drop down from the tree and look around for any loot that the monster may have dropped. You find 50p, and the single point you dropped onto the monster. You now have 1050p. You also find a small piece of metal and a stick. You also decide to look around for some stones because you doubt you would be as lucky as this time to drop a single p and kill it, but unfortunately for some reason you can't find any.

-NEW INVENTORY-
1050p
Metal Piece
Stick