Eagle Time
[TEXTUNA] Planet's Deathrattle - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Mediawarks (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+---- Forum: Fortuna (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: [TEXTUNA] Planet's Deathrattle (/showthread.php?tid=2300)

[TEXTUNA] Planet's Deathrattle - Futurdreamz - 04-17-2017

One is blind, so One has installed the Assistive Devices Mod which turns Fortuna into a text only adventure. As recommended by the ADM developers, One has also installed the simplify mod that replaces all AIs and ships with Aboriginal spirit animals, and simplified the rules a little.

One is currently preparing for the tutorial run, which defaults to Otter as the patron. The patron will be the AI for the the ship, so the ship has already been selected.

OTTER PERKS:
Low Difficulty level
Crew fully recover from all injuries and illnesses when reentering ship
Food never spoils
Crew will not encounter an impossible situation

#Otter: "Welcome to Fortuna! An absolutely fun escape into a world of excitement! With legend-"

#One: "Sorry but can you keep it brief? I already have a general idea about what the game is, and I'm using a text to speech mod and you're just going on and on..."

#Otter: "...alright, you're going to miss out on a lot of stuff but I'll try to keep it brief. First you have to choose a captain - species, gender, attributes, etc. Don't worry about using a precise 1-10 scale or drawing anything, I'll sort it all out."

>One:

RE: [TEXTUNA] Blindly finding your way to Fortuna - Gimeurcookie - 04-18-2017

> Delphik, Randomize pronouns for characters, [Clumsy] [Stylish] [Cunning], Is really fast, kind of smart, but is easily killed.

RE: [TEXTUNA] Blindly finding your way to Fortuna - Dorsidwarf - 04-18-2017

>Delphik, her, very smart

RE: [TEXTUNA] Blindly finding your way to Fortuna - Futurdreamz - 04-19-2017

#One: "I'd like my captain to be a Delphik, and I want her to be quick and clever."

#Otter: "Alright, I'll fill in the details and submit the result -"

"Automatically adding [Blind Clairvoyant] Trait"

#Otter: "...huh, that was weird. I suppose it's part of that mod that -"

"Alert! Trait can only be applied to a single character. Submitted character is invalid."

#One: "What? What just happened?"

#Otter: "I'm... not really quite sure. One moment."
#Otter: "Ah, the Delphik defaults to a fusion with two heads. The 'Blind Clairvoyant' trait identifies them as two characters, but can only be applied to one character per game. Seems like it's a mandatory trait, so i can't submit a character without it..."

#One: "Otter?"

#Otter: "Seems that the species you picked will always be seen as two characters, even if unmerged. It looks like there are three options. I can add the [dissonance] trait, after which the [Blind Claryovent] trait will only be applied to one head. However, doing so makes the other head have a polar opposite personality. Or I can set an unpaired Delphik, however it's going to be preoccupied with it's impending death and have some social issues. Or you can pick a different spicies which only has one mind - even a Gondii would be accepted. What do you want to do?"

>ONE:

RE: [TEXTUNA] Blindly finding your way to Fortuna - awkwardcarapace - 04-20-2017

> Try adding the [Dissonance] trait.

RE: [TEXTUNA] Blindly finding your way to Fortuna - Dorsidwarf - 04-20-2017

>Maybe a Malrus instead. Good old malruses.

RE: [TEXTUNA] Blindly finding your way to Fortuna - juddy555 - 06-06-2017

(04-20-2017, 12:37 PM)Dorsidwarf Wrote: ยป>Maybe a Malrus instead. Good old malruses.

>Seconded, there always needs to be more Scottish in any adventure.

RE: [TEXTUNA] Blindly finding your way to Fortuna - Futurdreamz - 07-19-2017

One regretted just saying "whatever." It took FOREVER for the game to load. One considered just shutting that old piece of junk off, but it was the only system in here that seemed to have a braille input. Maybe there might have been more closer to the other end of the room, but One really did not want to get close to whatever that thing was. The computer seemed to glitch out and crash a couple times, and One could swear he heard screaming and what sounded like a bout of rage run through a sawtooth filter. Finally, while One was polishing off another one of those cans with unknown contents, he heard the computer chime and begin to narrate

"Cassy slowly woke to the sound of a keyboard clicking away. Dimly aware of the flickering heart of the main console, she slowly realized that once again her shouldermate has been cheerfully going about his day while avoiding her perpetual pessimism. She tried to pretend to be still asleep, but Martin could always tell."

"Goood morning Sunshine! Looks like we are nearing our wonderful destination, how exciting!"

"Destination?"
"Cassy was wide awake now. They couldn't possibly be at Fortuna already, how long has she been asleep? She gave up trying to follow the twisting crystals of the screen and went straight to focusing on the planet. They were still very far out, but she could still faintly make out the hum of billions of minds. This cannot possibly be Fortuna. She relaxed a bit."

"But not our final destination?"

"...I'm sorry to disappoint you but no, we're not separating quite yet."

"Cassy winced, she had touched on a sore subject. Martin was very carefully trying to avoid thinking about their destination and what has to be done, and he really doesn't like it when that subject is brought up. He takes a few moments to count his breaths, then puts back on the insufferable veneer of cheerfulness that helps him cope with dealing with the crewmembers and what was left of the AI."

"Ok, so what planet are we about to land on?"

"Oh right, I'll be delighted to tell you all about it. It's going to be amazing!"

"Please enter a planet description and a landing site"

One was caught off guard by the unexpected prompt. This game was sounding a little dreary, and with everything else that was happening right now he really wasn't happy with that."

#One: "What? Otter? what's going on?"

"Invalid response. Please enter a planet description and a landing site"

#One: "Come on, this isn't funny."

One tried pleading with the computer to no avail. Eventually he accepted that Otter will not be responding. He considered restarting the game, but the keyboard had stopped responding - seemed it had finally given up the ghost. One considered pulling the plug, but in the end he is still stuck in here and there's no guarantee he will get any of the computers running - and he really did not want to go near that thing on the other side of the room. Looks like he had no choice but to answer the demands of that prompt.

>One:

RE: [TEXTUNA] Blindly finding your way to Fortuna - juddy555 - 07-19-2017

>A planet full of large hills, mountains, and craters. A town that dangles off a cliff of one of the larger mountains.

RE: [TEXTUNA] Blindly finding your way to Fortuna - Dorsidwarf - 07-19-2017

> A planet of swamps and bogs, wild things creep and crawl in the mists. A settlement clinging to dry land amid a sea of shifting islands.

RE: [TEXTUNA] Planet's Deathrattle - cmdrcade - 08-12-2017

>A planet overgrown an lost to time. Dangerous creatures lurk in the trees, and the only place of refuge is a single city that the world has taken a toll on. (Inteligo)