Eagle Time
Interesting niches you're interested in - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Chat (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chatter (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Interesting niches you're interested in (/showthread.php?tid=2251)

Interesting niches you're interested in - SC - 03-29-2017

Post all the cool interesting niches of the world that you're either into or thinking about being into.

I'll start:

============================

There's been this series on YouTube, started by one person but then replicated by many others, some good some bad, that involves creating fake bootscreens and startup/shutdown sounds for Windows versions that don't exist. It's called "Windows Never Released," and bad English aside, this kind of thing tickles all of my fancies. Nerdery? Check. Graphic design? Check. Obscureness? Check-a-rooni.

Just take a look at one of the few good WNR videos released relatively recently:

Here's a playlist of made of some more good ones.

I'm also working on a few bootscreens of my own for an upcoming WNR video of mine. Take a look below:
Show Content
============================

But yeah, discuss niches in here. I'm interested to see what you post.

RE: Interesting niches you're interested in - Gatr - 03-30-2017

onride videos of flat rides is a niche that i dont really share with people all that much but boy howdy am i into videos of rides.

id post like all of them but here, just have this one as it covers a lot of my favorites.

at least, i think that adequately satisfies the definition of a niche.

RE: Interesting niches you're interested in - Oats - 03-31-2017

i have a strange love for rock opera's, does that count?
i also have a specific love for this unreleased opera by Weezer its just
really good
its about being in space and making bad decisions.
in space.

RE: Interesting niches you're interested in - Schazer - 03-31-2017

jeez are there any rock operas that aren't set in space

RE: Interesting niches you're interested in - SC - 03-31-2017

(03-31-2017, 03:35 AM)Schazer Wrote: »jeez are there any rock operas that aren't set in space

I know Sbemail is set in an ambient dimension, so yes, there are rock operas that aren't set in space.

RE: Interesting niches you're interested in - Schazer - 03-31-2017

Also, American Idiot

RE: Interesting niches you're interested in - BananaPanda - 03-31-2017

this probably isn't the nichiest niche, but I'm super interested by Neural networks that evolve based on what information you give them.

Show Content

Show Content

RE: Interesting niches you're interested in - a52 - 03-31-2017

I spend my free time doing math. Not serious math, mostly trying to figure out how to get simple graphing calculators to express complicated subjects.
(Examples of recent miniprojects: Electric field vectors, The Lamb-Oseen vortex, a particular solution of the Navier-Stokes equations of fluid motion, describing a simple vortex under the influence of viscosity, How flute tuning works)

Similarly, I also do a lot of recreational programming. Esoteric languages, simulation, and any math ideas that are too complex for graphing calculators. I was planning to write my own esoteric language at one point, but it got waylaid by Dwarf Fortress (which I play like two hours a day now, I should probably tone it down).

RE: Interesting niches you're interested in - SeaWyrm - 04-05-2017

I do Descent maps. They're pretty interesting if you play Descent.
https://www.enspiar.com/dmdb/viewMember.php?id=277

RE: Interesting niches you're interested in - Akumu - 04-05-2017

(04-05-2017, 02:54 AM)SeaWyrm Wrote: »I do Descent maps. They're pretty interesting if you play Descent.
https://www.enspiar.com/dmdb/viewMember.php?id=277

Would you say that they're Decent?

RE: Interesting niches you're interested in - Justice Watch - 04-05-2017

So i like this band called kero kero bonito, they make really bubbly happy music and rap in japanese and it's good. I dunno if it's all that niche though

BUT, one of the band members made some music which I am presuming is from before he joined the band and it's real fkn good and I can't find anything else quite like it no matter how hard I look

But now that I looked at his page ONE OF HIS FOUR SONGS WENT MISSING and now I'm terrified that I might lose all of them they're so good though, literally a song was there this morning and now it's GONE WHAT DO I DO

RE: Interesting niches you're interested in - a52 - 04-05-2017

Download the others?

RE: Interesting niches you're interested in - Our Lady of Lampreys - 04-14-2017

I am an avid player of online Mancala. My dream is to be the best player ever on the one multiplayer online Mancala website I can find.

Mancala is the game that most needed to be converted into an online form, it's almost impossible to know or remember how many pieces you have in each cup with a real board. But in the online version it tells you, so you can look at the whole board at once for strategy.

Most players on the site are terrible, but some are quite good. Though I have improved a lot there are players still much better than me. You can usually tell the good players by their tendency to create custom avatars instead of using the generic ones the site supplies. Some of the generic ones are a real mystery.

There is a chat sidebar on the main page of the Mancala website. The discourse there is terrible and should be avoided at all cost.

RE: Interesting niches you're interested in - SC - 06-04-2017

Bumping this thread from dead-ness to let y'all know that I MADE MY OWN WINDOWS MOCKUPS VIDEO!!

RE: Interesting niches you're interested in - wiltingMyosotis - 06-05-2017

Probably not niche in the truest sense, but books. So many series of books. Like the books that say they're best sellers but the fandom is like close to non existent.
Current faveorite is the book called "Furthermore". There's only one fanart i've seen so far.

Also, I wouldn't know if it counts but the YT chanenl aivencloud and the singer reese lansanghan.