Eagle Time
Steam Winter Giveaway 2017 [The End!] - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Adventures and Games (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+---- Forum: Forum Games (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+---- Thread: Steam Winter Giveaway 2017 [The End!] (/showthread.php?tid=2074)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Steam Winter Giveaway 2017 [The End!] - Palamedes - 12-23-2016

[Image: steam%20giveaway%20winter%202017.png]

Well, I'm back again, as I'm sure many of you hoped/expected/had no idea about in the first place. Let me explain for those in the last category.

Over the past three years, giveaways have been run (kudos to Coldblooded, SupahKiven, and Chirality for their leadership/assistance). These basically entail me throwing out free games at anyone interested, letting people get games they've always wanted, big new releases, or even just experiment with an interesting one they've never heard of before.

The penny sale system from the previous giveaways remains in place, and here are the specifics, as cobbled together by Coldblooded, Chirality, and myself:

Quote:It works like this: Every single game up for grabs will be revealed right at the very beginning of the game. (Or a bit before, more likely.) Every player is then given 100 points to divide among whichever games that they like best. After everybody has distributed their points, we will then determine the winners of the four most popular games currently on the table. The more points that somebody has placed into a game, the better their odds of walking away with it.

SpoilerShow

Once a deadline is reached the top games of the round will be raffled off. In order to promote activity, players will gain 25 points at the end of each round. Players who have bidded and didn't win their game will also receive a consolation prize of 50% of their lost points back (rounded to the nearest multiple of five)! This means that you don't have to worry as much about going big and losing it all on a popular game, since you can be right back in the fight after.

Finally, while you are free to change your points up to the deadline, please only ever do so in a new post - this makes figuring out who voted for what much easier since we don't have to go through the entire thread post by post every time we're calculating who wins what.

I'm going to look over the previous givaways and determine if any other rules would make things better, but those will be announced in thread if they occur.

Just like last year, due to this being put up at the start of the sale instead of the end for once, it means that people who are interested in contributing games from the Steam Winter Sale can do so as well!

Here's the link set up for that. If you're thinking of donating a game to the sale, please make sure to check here. Having an extra copy of a big game isn't a big deal, but having forty copies of Bad Rats wouldn't end well for anyone. Just post what you're donating (or planning on donating) openly or anonymously and we'll keep a more organized version of the list here. Make sure to only post the names of donated games in the quicktopic, send the actual code or link to us via PM or through Steam itself.

Finally, to take part in the giveaway you must have:
1) Been part of the forum before this thread was created.
2) Have signed up in the thread prior to the sale ending and giveaway beginning.

To sign up and get your game, you're going to need is a Steam account and an interest in free games. If you don't already have an account, they're free and very easy to set up. Also, you'll have to add me on Steam if you haven't already. Here's my ID:

Palamedes
SupahKiven

This game is also being run simultaneously on the Chocolate Pi Forums as well, in case you want to keep tabs on all of your competitors or something.

Signups end the day after the Steam Winter Sale ends (January 2nd). If we get a lot of late signups/interest this deadline can be pushed back a couple of days.

P.S. A special thank you to Coldblooded, Kocel, and all of our donors for the inspiration, help, and donations that make this whole thing possible.

Livelist: 6/32
SpoilerShow

Co Moderator: 1
SpoilerShow

Game List:
SpoilerShow

RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2017 - TangledAlmond - 12-23-2016

Sign me the fuck up \o/

RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2017 - qwerx3 - 12-24-2016

Ooh. Sounds fun.

RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2017 - OTTO - 12-24-2016

You must be registered to view this content.

RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2017 - Granolaman - 12-24-2016

I'll see if I've got anything to throw onto the pile this year. In.

RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2017 - a52 - 12-24-2016

I'll sign up!

RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2017 - Gatr - 12-24-2016

o shit waddup im in

RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2017 - ICan'tGiveCredit - 12-24-2016

I am as in as possible

RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2017 - Kaynato - 12-24-2016

I realized I have more games (more than 0) than games I play (0). I'll see if I can contribute. In.

RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2017 - chimericgenderbeast - 12-26-2016

yeah I'm game

RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2017 - Gimeurcookie - 12-26-2016

Got two games to donate so toss me in.

RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2017 - Whimbrel - 12-30-2016

Yo, sign me up

RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2017 - Robust Laser - 12-30-2016

oh dang nearly forgot to sign up for this

RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2017 - Crowstone - 12-31-2016

hi it's me timu and i'm here to play!

thanks for giveaway <3

RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2017 - Akumu - 01-01-2017

Hi I'll sign up for this

RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2017 - Schazer - 01-01-2017

Yes please!

RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2017 - Sruixan - 01-01-2017

hey sure why not

RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2017 - Tantusar - 01-02-2017

yeah okay i'll throw myself into the fray

RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2017 - Palamedes - 01-02-2017

Today's the last day of the sale, you know what that means!

One day remains before signups close and the giveaway is prepared!

RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2017 - Palamedes - 01-04-2017

And as January 3rd draws to a close, the signups for the giveaway are now closed. Stay tuned for the game list and any other announcements over the next day or so.

RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2017 - Palamedes - 01-05-2017

Just running into a few delays, but worry not - we should be ready to go and give away some games soon. Because of this I'll allow last minute people interested in free games to jump in right up until we start.

Meanwhile, please give a round of applause for SupahKiven, who has graciously volunteered to co-mod again!

Additionally, I'm going to bring back the doubling rule that was in place last giveaway, given the fact that everyone should be able to receive at least three games (given our once again ridiculously generous game donors). This means that basically everything will be doubled - the number of points you start with (200 instead of 100), the number you gain every round (50 instead of 25), and the number of games we hand out every round (8 instead of 4). This will hopefully make sure things run quickly and smoothly.

RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2017 - Ixcaliber - 01-05-2017

Thanks for the extension. I'm interested but thought I had missed the deadline for sure.

RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2017 - Not The Author - 01-05-2017

Ah, hell, why not. Sign me up.

RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2017 - seedy - 01-05-2017

sign me up for games please

RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2017 - Palamedes - 01-09-2017

It begins!

Games list:
SpoilerShow

With 105 total donated games and 31 players, each player is eligible to win three games. Twelve games will remain in the end. These games will be awarded to people via the magic of pseudo-RNG.

Everybody will begin the game with 200 points. At the end of each round, if you do not win your bid, you will gain 50% of your points back. If your bids were not on the most popular games, you will not lose points. Every player will gain 50 points at the end of each round.

In order to keep things moving, we will go through with the bids on the eight most popular games, unlike the four of last year. That means we should be in the final bonus endgame stage after 12 rounds.

Rules may change in later rounds to keep things interesting.

The first round will end in about 48 hours.

Good luck!