Eagle Time
Aquitillan Lexicon (A Collaborative Worldbuilding Game) - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Adventures and Games (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+---- Forum: Forum Games (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+---- Thread: Aquitillan Lexicon (A Collaborative Worldbuilding Game) (/showthread.php?tid=204)

Pages: 1 2

Aquitillan Lexicon (A Collaborative Worldbuilding Game) - SleepingOrange - 01-27-2012

Welcome, everyone, to Lexicon! For those of you new to the concept, it's basically a game where we as a group make a piecemeal wiki for a fictional world of our own creation. It's a lot of fun, very creative, and none-too-demanding: you can make an article one week, but if you're too busy the next, just sit out. You can join at any time, even after the game has started, and leave just as easily.

For the purposes of the game, each of you is a scholar working to add to the sum of Aquitillan knowledge through the creation of this repository of information. What kind of place is Aquitilla? Who asked you all to work on it and why? Who are you? All that is up to you and your fellow scholars, to define bit by bit as you add to the wiki. The original concept of the game was developed by Neel Krishnawimi, and you can find it laid out in his own words here.

The world (or universe, or country; whatever the players define "Aquitilla" as) is gradually created as we write our articles; play progresses in week-long turns: each turn, every participating scholar writes an article the title of which begins with a particular letter. We begin at A and progress one a turn until we hit Z, then loop back to A (if we're still playing).

To make sure our world is consistent and interconnected, there are a couple of requirements for your articles: except on the first turn, each must link to at least 1 existing article. Additionally, you will be creating 2 phantom articles each turn: phantom articles are simply articles that have yet to be written, created by adding links to non-extant pages within your article.

The most important thing to remember is that everything already written is entirely true! Your fellow scholars may be petty jerks, biased and agenda-driven, or even plain stupid, but they have their professional pride and would never add an untrue fact to the wiki. As such, anything in any article must be assumed to be correct: you cannot change that article to change the facts, and you may not write contradictory facts in future articles. Interpretations of those facts, however, are fair game: if someone says "And in the year 889, Bungabunga went to war with Kaztopia", then went to war they did; however, if someone says "And in the year 889, Bungabunga went to war with Kaztopia because King Bunga's nephew was assassinated", then you're free to argue "Actually, the war was more motivated by Kaztopia's wealth of cherryberries; the assassination was largely unrelated and was in fact performed by a Bungian".

Play is pretty simple and governed by 8 rules:

SpoilerShow

As this game is wiki-based, we obviously need a wiki. Ours is here!

The game will start Saturday, and each turn will last a week; during that week, feel free to write your article at any time. As I said, don't worry about playing one turn and not the next; if you don't have time, or your grandma suddenly keels over, we understand! However, try not to dibs an article if you won't be able to finish it; it's just cleaner that way. Still, the unexpected happens, and nobody will be too mad if you don't get it done.

I'm not going to keep a playerlist, since people are free to come and go, but I will keep a handy reference of phantoms here:

Phantoms
SpoilerShow

RE: Aquitillan Lexicon (A Collaborative Worldbuilding Game) - AgentBlue - 01-28-2012

As long as it remains IMMORTAL LIKE CANCER, I shall be all ins~!

...seriously, don't die ;^;

RE: Aquitillan Lexicon (A Collaborative Worldbuilding Game) - MaxieSatan - 01-28-2012

Arismith Orchard.
I may have gone a little citation-crazy. Luckily the oranges in white coats were there to give me the nice candy.

RE: Aquitillan Lexicon (A Collaborative Worldbuilding Game) - Paranoia - 01-28-2012

I...

I approve of this. Gimme a bit. I might contribute something.

RE: Aquitillan Lexicon (A Collaborative Worldbuilding Game) - AgentBlue - 01-28-2012

Acel Armbright.

On another note, we probably ought to put our Phantoms on the bottom of our articles, for easy finding and linking.

On another note, a plausible reason to have anything you like across the whole of the continent/planet due to shipsplosion!

RE: Aquitillan Lexicon (A Collaborative Worldbuilding Game) - SleepingOrange - 01-28-2012

(01-28-2012, 07:53 AM)MrGuy Wrote: »Arismith Orchard.
I may have gone a little citation-crazy.

I did the same thing the first time I played, but... Way more crazy. However, you're only supposed to create two new phantoms on the first turn, not as many as you feel like. Sorry if I didn't make that clear!

Pick your two favorites, then de-link the rest, please.

I'm going to read the articles that have been written to far, then see if something to dibs strikes me.

RE: Aquitillan Lexicon (A Collaborative Worldbuilding Game) - AgentBlue - 01-29-2012

(01-28-2012, 07:30 PM)SleepingOrange Wrote: »However, you're only supposed to create two new phantoms on the first turn, not as many as you feel like. Sorry if I didn't make that clear!

Nuuuuuuuu and here I thought we might have had an exception, but it makes sense I suppose ;^;

In any case, that's fixed. I'm also putting down a table of contents, a phantom index, and a few categories. I might see if I can write a template for listing Phantoms and Citations.

RE: Aquitillan Lexicon (A Collaborative Worldbuilding Game) - Coldblooded - 01-29-2012

I give you the Azano plant, bringing some much needed drug trafficking into the world of Aquitillan.

I've been watching a lot of Breaking Bad recently, don't look at me like that.

RE: Aquitillan Lexicon (A Collaborative Worldbuilding Game) - AgentBlue - 01-29-2012

https://aquitilla.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Phantoms
https://aquitilla.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Infobox_person

These, as well as the Phantom Index are up, and ready for use!

RE: Aquitillan Lexicon (A Collaborative Worldbuilding Game) - thriggle - 01-31-2012

Aurgwah Pharmaceuticals

RE: Aquitillan Lexicon (A Collaborative Worldbuilding Game) - AgentBlue - 01-31-2012

In addition to just writing articles, making art and other images for the wiki is also encouraged! If you feel that you can't contribute writingly, don't let that stop you from reading about and seeing if you can apply drawingly or paintingly or digitally!

On that note, is anyone going to make that Aurgwah logo? (what's it supposed to look like, thriggle?)

RE: Aquitillan Lexicon (A Collaborative Worldbuilding Game) - thriggle - 02-01-2012

I have no idea; anyone who wants to is free to make up and contribute a picture for it. If we get more than one, we could ascribe extras to the old logos of Borray-Rahplur Medical Supply or Aurgwah Research and Spirits Company.

Looks like the Azano plant could also use an image!

RE: Aquitillan Lexicon (A Collaborative Worldbuilding Game) - AgentBlue - 02-02-2012

https://aquitilla.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Infobox_business

And now that we've got a business to boot...

RE: Aquitillan Lexicon (A Collaborative Worldbuilding Game) - SleepingOrange - 02-05-2012

Well, I was going to get my article finished today but ERRANDS got in the way. I hope to get it put up tomorrow because I've already written most of it.

I took some notes for things people should keep in mind when writing! These are developments we saw this turn:

SpoilerShow

I also updated the OP with current phantoms and what we know about them. Since there are no B phantoms, feel free to dibs any article you like! Remember to include at least one existing phantom, and exactly one new phantom.

TURN B BEGINS!

RE: Aquitillan Lexicon (A Collaborative Worldbuilding Game) - MaxieSatan - 02-05-2012

Baria Canyon. Ba-bam.

RE: Aquitillan Lexicon (A Collaborative Worldbuilding Game) - thriggle - 02-06-2012

The Blue Oslei now has its place in history.

RE: Aquitillan Lexicon (A Collaborative Worldbuilding Game) - AgentBlue - 02-07-2012

Bit-reclaimed cordalite-tungsten-titanium becomes a manufactured post-Mendelevian metal!

Um..yay?

RE: Aquitillan Lexicon (A Collaborative Worldbuilding Game) - SleepingOrange - 02-11-2012

In addition to the addition of Black Wind, it's time for our weekly review and the start of the next turn!

SpoilerShow

New phantoms and updated information about old ones:

SpoilerShow

Also, to Agent: you're only supposed to introduce two new phantoms on the first turn; after that, it's one new one and at least one old one. Pick which of cordalite and Minerologie Ltd. you want to keep, and delink the other one. Let us know in the thread, too, so I can update the phantom registry.

To everyone, it's turn C and we've got two (or three) c-phantoms that need dibsing! Carirzh Badlands and Cyranatic Islands definitely do, and cordalite may, depending on whether Agent keeps it or Minerologie Ltd.; remember, you can't dibs a phantom you introduced!

RE: Aquitillan Lexicon (A Collaborative Worldbuilding Game) - Coldblooded - 02-11-2012

Dibsinging Carirzh Badlands.

RE: Aquitillan Lexicon (A Collaborative Worldbuilding Game) - thriggle - 02-11-2012

I'll go ahead and dibs the Cyranatic Islands.

RE: Aquitillan Lexicon (A Collaborative Worldbuilding Game) - AgentBlue - 02-12-2012

Poop. Theeeere goes cordalite so that I don't force anyone to do it :3

RE: Aquitillan Lexicon (A Collaborative Worldbuilding Game) - thriggle - 02-12-2012

It might be worthwhile for us to invest in a timeline of somesort...

Edit:
SpoilerShow
I uh, didn't include AD or BA times, or the history of the Home Planet.

RE: Aquitillan Lexicon (A Collaborative Worldbuilding Game) - thriggle - 02-14-2012

Phew! Cyranatic Islands is finally done.

RE: Aquitillan Lexicon (A Collaborative Worldbuilding Game) - MaxieSatan - 02-15-2012

Captain Maple Androtti, who is totally not modeled on Christopher Columbus at all.

RE: Aquitillan Lexicon (A Collaborative Worldbuilding Game) - Coldblooded - 02-17-2012

Well uh, I had about half of the Carirzh Badlands page finished and saved before my laptop finally gave out on me. I'm just gonna leave an IOU here and promise to get it finished either when I get the laptop fixed or when I have enough time and energy to sit back down and write it all over again from scratch, which might be awhile still. I'll get it done eventually though.