Eagle Time
Lucidstuck II - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Cool Shit You Can Do (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Forum Adventures (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Lucidstuck II (/showthread.php?tid=2474)

RE: Lucidstuck II - intrepidPioneer - 08-13-2020

Lucas: Follow Derrick's advice, take a moment to meticulously evaluate your abilities as the Knight of Dawn with Azriel

[Image: Tfa5eFS.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: EWrnVUn.png]

You attempt you add the shield to your inventory, but it's full!

Show ChatlogShow

Derrick: Listen to your own inner voice. Practice being yourself a bit, and let the scary side you deny seep to the surface just a bit. Concentrate it into your arm and transform it into horror. Don't back away from these aspects of you, work with them

[Image: ORCxbI4.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: gA5WQ7g.png]

Show ChatlogShow

RE: Lucidstuck II - amobiaman - 08-14-2020

>Derrick: Remember that lucidity is gained when you work with and regulate your shadow. Ask that Kremwhal suggest to Lucas that you should upgrade his one handed sword, since he’ll be using a shield now. Allow your shadow, your inner self, to do the talking for now, but reign him in or take control if things get too drastic

RE: Lucidstuck II - Riotmode - 08-18-2020

>Derrick: remember that Kremwhal is Derrick and stop referring to him as a separate entity

>Also Derrick: Talk to Lucas about lucidity

RE: Lucidstuck II - flairina - 08-29-2020

I do not plan on returning to vote/offer commands for this adventure, at least not at this present moment (mostly because I'm literal years behind at this point), but I would just like to say how impressed I am that this comic is still going all this time later. I'll have to give it a reread at some point. :)

RE: Lucidstuck II - intrepidPioneer - 09-03-2020

SpoilerShow

Derrick: Remember that lucidity is gained when you work with and regulate your shadow. Ask that Kremwhal suggest to Lucas that you should upgrade his one handed sword, since he’ll be using a shield now. Allow your shadow, your inner self, to do the talking for now, but reign him in or take control if things get too drastic

[Image: jkgtZKP.png]

Lucas trades inventory slot places with his flashlight for the new shield.

Show ChatlogShow

Derrick: remember that Kremwhal is Derrick and stop referring to him as a separate entity. Talk to Lucas about lucidity

[Image: quweH12.png]

Show ChatlogShow

RE: Lucidstuck II - amobiaman - 09-03-2020

>Derrick: Find Lucia. Ask if she's spoken to her True Self yet and ask Reggie to share some pointers on dream manipulation. Don’t forget there’s no difference between you and your shadow. Reggie is also an aspect of you, and it would be good to get in tune with that side of yourself as well.

RE: Lucidstuck II - Fellow - 09-03-2020

(09-03-2020, 03:54 AM)amobiaman Wrote: »>Derrick: Find Lucia. Ask if she's spoken to her True Self yet and ask Reggie to share some pointers on dream manipulation. Don’t forget there’s no difference between you and your shadow. Reggie is also an aspect of you, and it would be good to get in tune with that side of yourself as well.
Unseconding. We've been getting a lot of shadow related warnings and I'm not convinced this won't make things worse. I don't think paying lipservice to Derrick and Creamy being the same person makes the command any better, either. I think we'd best not bring up shadow related stuff, at least with Derrick, unless it comes up. Let's stop poking this bear.

>Derrick: Emily and Lucas will have to figure this out by themselves later. Take the dart bombs for yourself, see where the others are, give the other shield to Garreth and see if everyone's ready to hunt down the monster.

RE: Lucidstuck II - Panur - 09-03-2020

(09-03-2020, 01:05 PM)Fellow Wrote: »
(09-03-2020, 03:54 AM)amobiaman Wrote: »>Derrick: Find Lucia. Ask if she's spoken to her True Self yet and ask Reggie to share some pointers on dream manipulation. Don’t forget there’s no difference between you and your shadow. Reggie is also an aspect of you, and it would be good to get in tune with that side of yourself as well.
Unseconding. We've been getting a lot of shadow related warnings and I'm not convinced this won't make things worse. I don't think paying lipservice to Derrick and Creamy being the same person makes the command any better, either. I think we'd best not bring up shadow related stuff, at least with Derrick, unless it comes up. Let's stop poking this bear.

>Derrick: Emily and Lucas will have to figure this out by themselves later. Take the dart bombs for yourself, see where the others are, give the other shield to Garreth and see if everyone's ready to hunt down the monster.
seconding cf

RE: Lucidstuck II - ParadoxicalAstrologer - 09-03-2020

Downvoting this

RE: Lucidstuck II - ParadoxicalAstrologer - 09-03-2020

>Lucas: Leave the baseball bat and take the dagger
>Emily: Equip rollerskates

RE: Lucidstuck II - Kayriel - 09-03-2020

Agreeing with the downvotes. The hyper-focus on Kremwahl is a personal interest and less in the best interests of the kids and the story. When cues or good times to explore Kremwahl and the other potential shadows come up, or we're low on options, that's a good time to poke our nose into it.

But jumping in feet first is asking to make a mistake that we wouldn't even be aware we were making until it was too late. Even the entity in question is warning us, and IP's mentioned something about in-character warnings before, I believe.

This is a survival-horror setting. One of the first things you should be most paranoid and critical of is unrestrained knowledge and experimentation. Fear your own abilities until there are no secrets left in them. In many cases within the genre, your own advancement, and you yourself, are the most dangerous pitfall.

RE: Lucidstuck II - intrepidPioneer - 09-04-2020

Derrick: Emily and Lucas will have to figure this out by themselves later. Take the dart bombs for yourself, see where the others are, give the other shield to Garreth and see if everyone's ready to hunt down the monster

[Image: tPm0bnz.png]

You store MEPHITIC DART BOMB in your inventory.

[Image: dTNagK2.png]

Lucas stores COWARD'S RAM and MEDIC'S SHIELD in his inventory in replace of the baseball bat and projector.

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: GA70zon.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: 2bPoHhc.png]

Show ChatlogShow

1. Chat with Bambino while you wait for Lucia.
2. Be Lucia

RE: Lucidstuck II - Mystdrago - 09-04-2020

1. Speak with the fluffy guy

RE: Lucidstuck II - neferiusNexus - 09-04-2020

>2.

Maybe we'll get another shot at unlocking her abilities again.
...a real one this time xo

RE: Lucidstuck II - amobiaman - 09-04-2020

>1

It's been a while since we've seen derrick's whole group gathered. Lucia's shadow/asylum abilities can wait for a bit.

RE: Lucidstuck II - ParadoxicalAstrologer - 09-04-2020

>1
Speak with your goat-deer-troll

RE: Lucidstuck II - intrepidPioneer - 09-08-2020

Chat with Bambino while you wait for Lucia

[Image: 70308ys.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: x5cBOzQ.png]

Moments later, Lucia returns.

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: JBGkxyT.png]

Show ChatlogShow

RE: Lucidstuck II - Mystdrago - 09-08-2020

Lucia sass is the best sass

>Derrick: Onward to fell this loathsome foe

RE: Lucidstuck II - intrepidPioneer - 09-08-2020

Derrick: Onward to fell this loathsome foe

[Image: 7hht5oq.png]

A decent trek later, Lucia speaks up.

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: 09QGby6.png]

You confront Samielle and Archadia!

Show ChatlogShow

RE: Lucidstuck II - ParadoxicalAstrologer - 09-08-2020

>Lucia: Hit Samielle's ugly face
>Derrick: Show them the truth of fear

RE: Lucidstuck II - Fellow - 09-08-2020

>Reggie: Scan archadia
>Lucia: Use your wings to protect derrick's eyes from Samielle.
>Derrick: Wouldn't that shadow monster absolutely hate to have a mouth tendril go through the hole in its head?

RE: Lucidstuck II - intrepidPioneer - 09-09-2020

Reggie: Scan Archadia

[Image: 5WyvJmo.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: FQ4CsSb.png]

Show ChatlogShow

Derrick lunges out a toothy tendril at Samielle for 246 damage collectively! The quick succession of hits has caused Samielle to flinch! Derrick winds up his next attack for +10 damage.

[Image: 1MQkMrq.png]

You strike Samielle for 125 damage! You wind up your next attack for +10 damage.

[Image: eJxGDEm.png]

Show ChatlogShow

Archadia refrains from attacking out of fear.

RE: Lucidstuck II - amobiaman - 09-09-2020

>Derrick: Continue attacking Samielle, don't give him a chance to react. Make an example out of him for Archadia.

RE: Lucidstuck II - neferiusNexus - 09-09-2020

>Lucia: Call for backup.

RE: Lucidstuck II - Fellow - 09-09-2020

(09-09-2020, 08:08 PM)neferiusNexus Wrote: »>Lucia: Call for backup.
Unseconding. Derrick is disabling archadia via intimidation, calling for backup might make them look weaker and put her back in the fight. Derrick also wanted to do this alone. Moreover, the rest of the party can't even navigate the dark and might get lost.