Eagle Time
Lucidstuck II - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Cool Shit You Can Do (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Forum Adventures (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Lucidstuck II (/showthread.php?tid=2474)

RE: Lucidstuck II - Fellow - 11-21-2019

>Well Alice, Lucia came here because she still feels resentment towards you. Maybe you should give her the space to speak her mind about you.

RE: Lucidstuck II - neferiusNexus - 11-21-2019

(11-20-2019, 11:14 PM)TerraTorment Wrote: »>Lucia: speak your mind, you arrived here due to your resentment towards alice
also, seconding this :)

RE: Lucidstuck II - amobiaman - 11-22-2019

>Lucia: Ask Alice to get rid of this "bob" thing. All of this talking to herself and making fake little people is just her deflecting confrontation.

RE: Lucidstuck II - neferiusNexus - 11-22-2019

(11-22-2019, 10:16 PM)amobiaman Wrote: »>Lucia: Ask Alice to get rid of this "bob" thing. All of this talking to herself and making fake little people is just her deflecting confrontation.
Unseconding. And i swear i'm not being petty about this xD
It's just that holy-sh*t! That's likely to cause Lucia to have even LESS trust in Alice now.
And uh... we kinda need, like REALLY need them working together and not killing each-other and stuff you-know :/

RE: Lucidstuck II - Kayriel - 11-22-2019

Only make commands that help them work together, people. Please.

This is a monumental pivot point. We can put ourselves on the path to saving the kids, right here. Or we can fuck it all up and witness a long slide to a dismal failure.

RE: Lucidstuck II - intrepidPioneer - 11-25-2019

=>

[Image: HQsS46r.png]

Show ChatlogShow

It would seem that Lucia keeps revisiting this blank spot left in her head. She won't be able to forgive Alice truly, unless she understands why she feels such hatred for her in the first place.

1. Remind her
2. Change topic

RE: Lucidstuck II - Panur - 11-25-2019

2) change topic

> If the UE made it here already, you both have bigger, more immediate fish to fry than whatever personal issues you have with each other. All your friend's well being (and your own) depend on this, so now may be a good time for the both of you to figure out what are your priorities. Like it or not, you need to work together right now.

RE: Lucidstuck II - Fellow - 11-25-2019

>1
[It seems risky, it seems likely that it'll kick Lucia up the hilll of lunacy, but Daydream needs to get stronger to deal with UE and I don't see a better way to do that than give her a confrontation about her shitty behavior towards Lucia.]

(11-25-2019, 06:54 PM)Fellow Wrote: »>1
[It seems risky, it seems likely that it'll kick Lucia up the hilll of lunacy,  but Daydream needs to get stronger to deal with UE and I don't see a better way to do that than give her a confrontation about her shitty behavior towards Lucia.]

This seems like a huge risk for very little payoff CF... I mean, if it works, whoo, but if it fails, either of these cray broads could wreck the  construct for good...

RE: Lucidstuck II - Kayriel - 11-25-2019

>2

[Lucia's stability is key to the health of the construct. We just learned about this. We had to throw a poor, cute Reaper under the bus for it. We can, and will, find/make a better place to deal with her issues. Let us also not forget that Alice's reasons of hating Lucia are entirely sensible, even if not wholly fair. For now, this is not the way to handle either girl. Emily and Bob can deal with Alice and work with her more for the time being. Lucia we can continue to shape and strengthen her mental state through the events of the story. But for now we need these two nearly-deific troublelasses to work together.]

RE: Lucidstuck II - neferiusNexus - 11-25-2019

(11-25-2019, 06:26 PM)Panur Wrote: »2) change topic

> If the UE made it here already, you both have bigger, more immediate fish to fry than whatever personal issues you have with each other. All your friend's well being (and your own) depend on this, so now may be a good time for the both of you to figure out what are your priorities. Like it or not, you need to work together right now.

Seconding this to the edge of the Universe and back!

Also, adding a bit of my own.

>Alice, please don't undermine all the hard work and progress you've made so far. Lucia's emotional state is just as vital to the integrity of your construct here. Please, please just try to make peace you two. You have nothing to gain from this squabble and everything to loose. Whatever it is you think Lucia may have done, consider the following possibility: you were both tricked into sabotaging yourselves to get to this point. By whom, i believe should be obvious as-well.

(11-25-2019, 09:42 PM)neferiusNexus Wrote: »
(11-25-2019, 06:26 PM)Panur Wrote: »2) change topic

Seconding this to the edge of the Universe and back!

Also, adding a bit of my own.

>Alice, please don't undermine all the hard work and progress you've made so far. Lucia's emotional state is just as vital to the integrity of your construct here. Please, please just try to make peace you two. You have nothing to gain from this squabble and everything to loose. Whatever it is you think Lucia may have done, consider the following possibility: you were both tricked into sabotaging yourselves to get to this point. By whom, i believe should be obvious as-well.

unseconding...nef, bc of Bob being there, Lucia can listen to the exact same things Alice can, i don't think any of this is shit she wants to hear....

RE: Lucidstuck II - DocMelonhead - 11-26-2019

[Couldn't we just send Lucia back so that she can keep her sanity and focus on the task at hand (gaining servants, if she hasn't already?)]

>2

RE: Lucidstuck II - Fellow - 11-26-2019

(11-25-2019, 09:42 PM)neferiusNexus Wrote: »>Alice, please don't undermine all the hard work and progress you've made so far. Lucia's emotional state is just as vital to the integrity of your construct here. Please, please just try to make peace you two. You have nothing to gain from this squabble and everything to loose. Whatever it is you think Lucia may have done, consider the following possibility: you were both tricked into sabotaging yourselves to get to this point. By whom, i believe should be obvious as-well.

What you're doing here is begging Alice to *pretend* to make good with Lucia for the sake of her plans, right in front of Lucia. It adds nothing and will likely sabotage Alice's attempts to change the subject, since what you're saying here focusses on the current subject.

(11-26-2019, 01:09 AM)DocMelonhead Wrote: »[Couldn't we just send Lucia back so that she can keep her sanity and focus on the task at hand (gaining servants, if she hasn't already?)]

>2
[The matter at hand hasn't been finding servants ever since Lucia ended up in the event horizon. There are far more pressing matters.]

RE: Lucidstuck II - intrepidPioneer - 11-26-2019

=>

[Image: rPErekf.png]

Show ChatlogShow

It would seem the air has soured, would you like to continue?

1. Continue reviewing
2. Keep chatting

RE: Lucidstuck II - neferiusNexus - 11-26-2019

if "continue reviewing" means we go back to the narrative and just leave this mess hanging up in the air, then no, i Don't think that is a good idea.
>2

>Lucia, everybody has feelings. And everyone's feelings tend to flare up during stressful events. Look, the point i'm trying to get at is... we're not here to judge you. We're here to help you. Now, i believe you've realised by now, much as Derrick already has..  you are keeping certain things from yourself. Vhieness should have explained as much. Think of the Construct here as a sort of giant play, where you pretend to be a different version of yourself. And just like a play, the more you break character, the more the play unravels, and the narrative makes less and less sense.

RE: Lucidstuck II - Panur - 11-26-2019

2, duh

> Both of you have gone through things the other can't understand, but that's not the point right now. Right now - at this immediate time- your lives and the lives of everyone else depend on you two being able to put this aside so you can escape. Neither of you is doing each other a 'favor', you are helping yourselves and those you care about. Is having the satisfaction of blaming each other worth your own deaths and that of others? If you want out, you'll have to help yourselves by working together.

RE: Lucidstuck II - martialAcademic - 11-26-2019

>"... I am going to make a statement that I feel needs context. 'Feel'. That is the crux of the situation. In the waking world a feeling is something that stays within yourself. Sure, you might *express* a feeling through your actions, but at the end of the day that sensation of burning from anger, the tingle in your spine from happiness, and the pressing weight of melancholy are all the result of a chemical reaction inside your brain that will never truly be parted from your physical being. However: in the dream world this is not the case. Here emotions aren't just an experience: they are a force.

Derrick's Fear lets him perform supernatural feats. Emily's resolve lets her take blows and turn part of it into healing, and her fury gives her super strength though I don't think you've seen that one yet. Lexii's hope gives her miracles. The list goes on and the two of you are included as well, even if you don't realize it yet.

But an emotion is not just a source of power: it is a *force*. It can act against you just as readily as it grants you power. Lucia, your and Derrick's fear can overwhelm you. Emily's resolve can leave her defenseless as a monster tries to kill her. Alice's hate can... well, that one's pretty self-evident, no offense.

All of this preamble is leading to this: Lucia, Alice is not the only person that has born Hate. There is something you can't remember, and even though the knowledge itself is potentially dangerous, while you feel that spot missing from your memories you won't be able to truly move past the force that your emotions are exerting upon you. This will lead to you two being unable to cooperate, which is just as much of a death knell as what you knowing what happened might cause.

So I want you to make a choice Lucia. Do you want to know what happened? These are your memories, and you are the ones who will face the potential ramifications. We can not rightfully make the decision for you. Alice, if she says yes please honestly tell her what you saw and what we told you. We can give reminders if needed."

RE: Lucidstuck II - amobiaman - 11-26-2019

>Lucia: Remember what you learned about yourself from Vhieness. You know you’re not crazy, but you do know you’re destructive. You know it’s taking a lot out of you to not jump at Alice and destroy her. You’ve heard Alice and her puppet offer some form of truce, while it's certainly odd she's using a puppet to talk, it seems like this is her way of showing you she’s somehow developed a conscience. You don’t think that continuing to fight forever is productive at all. Consider working together, not being friends, but just agreeing to not step on each other’s toes. At least Derrick would be happy if his sister and best friend in the world could get along enough to not be at each other's throats.

RE: Lucidstuck II - Seyhial - 11-26-2019

Why is everybody trying to help both Alice and Lucia ? Isn't this the perfect opportunity to finally have Lucia get rid of Daydream and end the construct ? Alice clearly went mad a long time ago and shouldn't be trusted in the slightest. Her and Lucia cannot stand each other and having them work together seems very risky

RE: Lucidstuck II - Fellow - 11-26-2019

Getting rid of the construct currently will kill Derrick. We are trying to keep the kids alive, so we should not try to end the construct.

RE: Lucidstuck II - Seyhial - 11-26-2019

omg I forgot Derrick was dead I'm so sorry ok don't break the construct yet

RE: Lucidstuck II - Kayriel - 11-27-2019

(11-26-2019, 10:25 PM)Seyhial Wrote: »Why is everybody trying to help both Alice and Lucia ? Isn't this the perfect opportunity to finally have Lucia get rid of Daydream and end the construct ? Alice clearly went mad a long time ago and shouldn't be trusted in the slightest. Her and Lucia cannot stand each other and having them work together seems very risky

[... The entire point of Lucidstuck is getting ALL the kids out alive and safe. That includes Daydream/Alice. She is one of them. Despite her issues, she's not actually the villain - she's just a very, very disturbed girl. Who, rather than getting mental help and therapy, instead was forced to watch her brother/obsession/love interest be killed by Lucia due to the UE/the girls' fight. She then immediately went off the deep end and created the Construct to try and figure out how to save her brother. I don't remember how long it's been, but apparently it's been something like years or centuries for her even though it's only been a short time for the other kids in the 'real' dreamworld.

Daydream is an immense resource and a troubled (fucked up) soul we can use to help ensure everyone gets home safely, rescue Derrick/Nightmare, and rescue from herself.
We need the two of them to work together, and right now, Alice is more willing to do that than Lucia, despite that what Lucia's memories have her going through is not nearly as bad as Alice watching Lucia kill her forbidden husbando and then being told she has to work together with her. Anyone I know would rather be carved apart slowly by knives than have to watch their loved one die. Good fucking luck getting them to work together with the person whose hand did the deed. I don't know if she recognizes Lucia didn't mean to or not and maybe that helps - or if it's because she's killed Lucia so often already her revenge is kinda sated.]

[Also, put your posts in brackets that aren't meant to go to the kids. The UE can hear us when we don't do that.]

RE: Lucidstuck II - enlightenedSage - 11-28-2019

((Can we first before moving on acknowledge ooc just how <3= romantic Alice's "olive branch" was? Damn.))

RE: Lucidstuck II - intrepidPioneer - 12-07-2019

=>

[Image: ifon8jc.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: RT2k36p.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: 0kXl8d5.png]

Show ChatlogShow

1. You think that it's important to go right away
2. Let Lucia talk to Reggie