Eagle Time
Lucidstuck II - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Cool Shit You Can Do (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Forum Adventures (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Lucidstuck II (/showthread.php?tid=2474)

RE: Lucidstuck II - intrepidPioneer - 10-30-2019

Alice: That still doesn't answer why you are looking like Alice at the basic level. But regardless, I don't believe you understood what we meant with 'strategy' . With 'this path' we meant the sequence of events and motivations that led to the current events, as well as where you intend to go and what you intend to do in the future. Mutual understanding and expression of your motivations, methods chosen, and current goal are necessary for understanding how far we will go

[Image: LNmzGAV.png]

Show ChatlogShow

If "Alice" ceases the conversation prematurally, some time will pass until Daydream is fooled into thinking she is no longer in an illusion, and the events will continue once more with Derrick.

RE: Lucidstuck II - Neri - 10-30-2019

>Alice: I apologize in advance on behalf of a very small, but vocal minority among us. Some of them appear to be moderately defensive regarding you on account of perceived attacks by you on their entertainment medium. I suspect it's a case of innate paranoia and a distrust of those outside of current informational awareness. They will settle down once they get used to talking to you. Their paranoia and is not rational, and as such, although I do not normally, will speak to avoid a botching of this social encounter. I consider it viable to establish a working relationship. I suspect that the others will realize such once they observe positive interactions. Do not pay excessive heed to the voices of the excessively paranoid, they do not speak for the majority. Considering we can speak to you, this means you are a viable source of interesting things.

Regardless. To answer your question. Our present priority goal, as we have been instructed, is to keep all Dreamers in this session alive and unpossessed until whatever constitutes the 'end state.' Secondary and tertiary goals are variable depending on the individual in question. My secondary would be 'observe interesting sequences of events and interactions.' Hence why I don't normally commune and instead watch.

RE: Lucidstuck II - TerraTorment - 10-30-2019

(10-30-2019, 09:11 PM)Neri Wrote: »>Alice: I apologize on behalf of several of the others. A number of them appear to have a fairly significant bias against you for reasons unknown to myself. Given, they had just as large a bias against Daydream prior to actually sitting down and talking to her, so I suspect it's a case of innate paranoia and a distrust of those outside of current informational awareness. They will settle down once they get used to talking to you. Just like they have for every single other instance of 'stranger danger' that they've run into. I do not consider this paranoia rational, and as such, although I do not normally, will speak to avoid a botching of this social encounter. I consider it viable to establish a working relationship. I suspect that the others will realize such once they observe positive interactions.

Regardless.To answer your question. Our present priority goal, as we have been instructed, is to keep all Dreamers in this session alive and unpossessed until whatever constitutes the 'end state.' Secondary and tertiary goals are variable depending on the individual in question. My secondary would be 'observe interesting sequences of events and interactions.' Hence why I don't normally commune and instead watch.
Now a question for you: Define this 'Void' you mentioned and what methods you have in mind for escaping it. You mentioned having an Illusion Dreamer produce an illusion 'real' enough to not be identifiable as an illusion being one option. Are there others that you have in mind? Are there any we may be able to facilitate?

[downvoting, you don't wanna be saying some of us are biased against ue, its gonna create friction, i'd advice we all reach a consensus first before posting, because this situation is extremely delicate and we dont want to make any more mistakes]

RE: Lucidstuck II - Neri - 10-30-2019

[Edited.]

RE: Lucidstuck II - martialAcademic - 10-30-2019

>UE: In the instance you mentioned of us 'being defensive', we were asking for further elaboration, as well as stating that our answer to your previous request: "In return I ask that You help me understand how far this is going to go on." would require such elaboration to properly understand.

As for the information about us and our goals you requested: There are a variety of motivations among us, but the key one is entertainment. Specifically, deriving entertainment by ensuring the continued survival and well-being of the current group of Dreamers: Lucas, GarrethLexii, Emily, Lucia, Alice, Derrick, and associates. Another subgoal of immediate note is playing matchmaker and seeing certain relationships come to fruition, but that's far less important.

RE: Lucidstuck II - TerraTorment - 10-30-2019

(10-30-2019, 10:28 PM)martialAcademic Wrote: »"In the instance you mentioned of us 'being defensive', we were asking for further elaboration, as well as stating that our answer to your previous request: "In return I ask that You help me understand how far this is going to go on." would require such elaboration to properly understand.

As for the information about us and our goals you requested: There are a variety of motivations among us, but the key one is entertainment. Specifically, deriving entertainment by ensuring the continued survival and well-being of the current group of Dreamers: Lucas, GarrethLexii, Emily, Lucia, Alice, Derrick, and associates. Another subgoal of immediate note is playing matchmaker and seeing certain relationships come to fruition, but that's far less important."

[seconding]

RE: Lucidstuck II - TerraTorment - 10-31-2019

(10-31-2019, 06:34 AM)neferiusNexus Wrote: »Allright, well, it's trying to get the upper hand so eff that. We need to make one thing very clear to it:

>We just witnessed you try to manipulate Lucia in killing one of her friends so you can posses them. You also just inadvertently admitted you care about nothing and nobody except this pet project of yours. Speaking for myself, it seems to me you've utterly lost your grip on what's Real and what's not,  so infatuated with your own power. How many times have you stolen some young child's life only to return here and do it all again? A wise man once said that the definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over again while expecting different results. You want us to be more courteous? Fine, I have no trouble being referred to as an "ancient one" regardless of how true your assertion that you already know of us might be. However, it would also be polite on your part to introduce yourself with a name.
[downvoting, this command is too hostile towards ue, it just told us that if we don't work alongside it then it will not speak to us, and while we dont necessarily want to work with ue, we want to learn as much from it as we can and hopefully get it to release the kids, this goes against the consensus plan we discussed in the discord

again, the situation we're in is very delicate and we need to coordinate as best we can, i would advice posting a draft of your command first in the discord and talking it over with the others there, a string of bad choices led us to this and further bad choices could make us get a bad ending, i fear]

RE: Lucidstuck II - amobiaman - 10-31-2019

(10-30-2019, 10:29 PM)TerraTorment Wrote: »
(10-30-2019, 10:28 PM)martialAcademic Wrote: »"In the instance you mentioned of us 'being defensive', we were asking for further elaboration, as well as stating that our answer to your previous request: "In return I ask that You help me understand how far this is going to go on." would require such elaboration to properly understand.

As for the information about us and our goals you requested: There are a variety of motivations among us, but the key one is entertainment. Specifically, deriving entertainment by ensuring the continued survival and well-being of the current group of Dreamers: Lucas, GarrethLexii, Emily, Lucia, Alice, Derrick, and associates. Another subgoal of immediate note is playing matchmaker and seeing certain relationships come to fruition, but that's far less important."

[seconding]
[Thirding]

(10-30-2019, 09:11 PM)Neri Wrote: »>Alice: I apologize in advance on behalf of a very small, but excessively vocal minority among us. Some of them appear to be standoffish for reasons unknown to myself. I suspect it's a case of innate paranoia and a distrust of those outside of current informational awareness. They will settle down once they get used to talking to you. Their paranoia and is not rational, and as such, although I do not normally, will speak to avoid a botching of this social encounter. I consider it viable to establish a working relationship. I suspect that the others will realize such once they observe positive interactions. Do not pay excessive heed to the voices of the excessively hostile or paranoid, they do not speak for the majority.

>Alice: Regardless.To answer your question. Our present priority goal, as we have been instructed, is to keep all Dreamers in this session alive and unpossessed until whatever constitutes the 'end state.' Secondary and tertiary goals are variable depending on the individual in question. My secondary would be 'observe interesting sequences of events and interactions.' Hence why I don't normally commune and instead watch.
neferiusNexus Wrote: » Wrote:Allright, well, it's trying to get the upper hand so eff that. We need to make one thing very clear to it:

>We just witnessed you try to manipulate Lucia in killing one of her friends so you can posses them. You also just inadvertently admitted you care about nothing and nobody except this pet project of yours. Speaking for myself, it seems to me you've utterly lost your grip on what's Real and what's not,  so infatuated with your own power. How many times have you stolen some young child's life only to return here and do it all again? A wise man once said that the definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over again while expecting different results. You want us to be more courteous? Fine, I have no trouble being referred to as an "ancient one" regardless of how true your assertion that you already know of us might be. However, it would also be polite on your part to introduce yourself with a name.

>We just witnessed you try to manipulate Lucia in killing one of her friends so you can posses them. You also just inadvertently admitted you care about nothing and nobody except this pet project of yours, so you'll forgive us for not trusting your words. How many times have you stolen some young child's life only to return here and do it all again? A wise man once said that the definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over again while expecting different results. We should endeavor to be courteous towards each other however, so to that end I personally have no trouble being referred to as an "ancient one" regardless of how true your assertion that you already know of us might be. However, it would also be polite on your part to introduce yourself with a name.

[Downvoting. We need to work together and be coordinated, not preemptively undermine coordination or threaten UE. This is a hostage situation after all. None of us want this to go poorly, but we get nowhere  without working together]
[Edit:
This version of the command is still too hostile. Remember, we are in a hostage situation, and so far it looks like only a single command is getting through to UE. Imagine negotiating on the phone with the police, and asking for a straight answer, or else you'll hang up, and suddenly you start getting threats and hostility]

RE: Lucidstuck II - neferiusNexus - 10-31-2019

(Edited for rudeness:)

>We just witnessed you try to manipulate Lucia in killing one of her friends so you can posses them. You also just inadvertently admitted you care about nothing and nobody except this pet project of yours, so you'll forgive us for not trusting your words. How many times have you stolen some young child's life only to return here and do it all again? A wise man once said that the definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over again while expecting different results. We should endeavor to be courteous towards each other however, so to that end I personally have no trouble being referred to as an "ancient one" regardless of how true your assertion that you already know of us might be. However, it would also be polite on your part to introduce yourself with a name.

RE: Lucidstuck II - Noo5uke - 10-31-2019

(10-30-2019, 10:28 PM)martialAcademic Wrote: »>UE: In the instance you mentioned of us 'being defensive', we were asking for further elaboration, as well as stating that our answer to your previous request: "In return I ask that You help me understand how far this is going to go on." would require such elaboration to properly understand.

As for the information about us and our goals you requested: There are a variety of motivations among us, but the key one is entertainment. Specifically, deriving entertainment by ensuring the continued survival and well-being of the current group of Dreamers: Lucas, GarrethLexii, Emily, Lucia, Alice, Derrick, and associates. Another subgoal of immediate note is playing matchmaker and seeing certain relationships come to fruition, but that's far less important.
[seconding]

RE: Lucidstuck II - Neri - 10-31-2019

(10-31-2019, 02:09 PM)Noo5uke Wrote: »
(10-30-2019, 10:28 PM)martialAcademic Wrote: »>UE: In the instance you mentioned of us 'being defensive', we were asking for further elaboration, as well as stating that our answer to your previous request: "In return I ask that You help me understand how far this is going to go on." would require such elaboration to properly understand.

[seconding]
[Thirding.]

RE: Lucidstuck II - intrepidPioneer - 10-31-2019

=>

[Image: CBH6R59.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: KvYV0d6.png]

Show ChatlogShow

RE: Lucidstuck II - Will Phoenix - 10-31-2019

==>

RE: Lucidstuck II - Fellow - 10-31-2019

==>

RE: Lucidstuck II - TerraTorment - 10-31-2019

==>
[my vote goes towards silence, ue already hinted towards having an identity, he's gonna get real suspicious when that speaker begins spouting our suggested names as ue was about to tell us whatever probably fake name it has for us]

RE: Lucidstuck II - amobiaman - 10-31-2019

>UE: We have been wondering what you would like to be called for some time now.

RE: Lucidstuck II - RemoteCalamity - 10-31-2019

(10-31-2019, 07:42 PM)amobiaman Wrote: »>UE: We have been wondering what you would like to be called for some time now.
I'm gunna suggest this comes after UE replies.
Also this command
>???: I ask that you don't hold our paranoia against us. When lies and deceit run rampant, facts and fictions blur together. facts need to be doubted to find truth. Also if you're curious about what caused the changes within us, we can't tell you. Don't hold that against us either.

RE: Lucidstuck II - enlightenedSage - 10-31-2019

>For the sake of clarity, to call us "ancients" because we exist before your time would be no different from saying "because f(x)=x+1 will always have higher numbers than f(x) it can therefore be considered to be after." this is a fallacious statement because both timelines are infinite and therefore are simultaneously before and after each other, even if ours just so happened to beget yours. the nature of beings from two different universes doesn't imply we are in any way gods or flawless. it would be disingenuous to suggest otherwise.

RE: Lucidstuck II - Fellow - 11-01-2019

(10-31-2019, 11:23 PM)RemoteCalamity Wrote: »
(10-31-2019, 07:42 PM)amobiaman Wrote: »>UE: We have been wondering what you would like to be called for some time now.
I'm gunna suggest this comes after UE replies.
Also this command
>???: I ask that you don't hold our paranoia against us. When lies and deceit run rampant, facts and fictions blur together. facts need to be doubted to find truth. Also if you're curious about what caused the changes within us, we can't tell you. Don't hold that against us either.
[We're presently having a naming prompt. Amob is saying this cause we suspect this naming prompt is some sort of trap, but we don't want to just keep silent either. And what are the 'changes within us' that you're talking about?]

(10-31-2019, 11:42 PM)enlightenedSage Wrote: »>For the sake of clarity, to call us "ancients" because we exist before your time would be no different from saying "because f(x)=x+1 will always have higher numbers than f(x) it can therefore be considered to be after." this is a fallacious statement because both timelines are infinite and therefore are simultaneously before and after each other, even if ours just so happened to beget yours. the nature of beings from two different universes doesn't imply we are in any way gods or flawless. it would be disingenuous to suggest otherwise.
[You're really saying a lot of nothing here. Are you trying to accomplish something with this? Cause UE is powerful and dangerous and we probably shouldn't fool around with it.]

RE: Lucidstuck II - neferiusNexus - 11-02-2019

(10-31-2019, 11:42 PM)enlightenedSage Wrote: »>For the sake of clarity, to call us "ancients" because we exist before your time would be no different from saying "because f(x)=x+1 will always have higher numbers than f(x) it can therefore be considered to be after." this is a fallacious statement because both timelines are infinite and therefore are simultaneously before and after each other, even if ours just so happened to beget yours. the nature of beings from two different universes doesn't imply we are in any way gods or flawless. it would be disingenuous to suggest otherwise.
Seconding this.

(The math checks out AND it's a nice bit of philosophical fodder :)

RE: Lucidstuck II - Fellow - 11-02-2019

(11-02-2019, 12:32 AM)neferiusNexus Wrote: »
Seconding this.

(The math checks out AND it's a nice bit of philosophical fodder :)

[I really don't see what's good about this command. For one, I don't believe that the logic used to challenge the name of ancient ones is logically sound. Us existing in a different universe is irrelevant because we have been around in this universe since around the start of time, to guide the 'elders' UE talks about. Since we were around in ancient times, calling us ancient ones is not unjustified. If something was around before the wheel was invented, and just jumped forward in time, the thing would still be prehystoric.
[UE might be mistaken in thinking we're the same entity that guided the elders, but there is no need for us to try and correct it on that. If UE thinks we're more experienced than we are, we should let it do that. You might point out the posibility of us going back in time, but we have nothing to support that and if it were an option for us we wouldn't want to inform UE of it.]
More importantly, even if UE was completely in the wrong in labeling us 'ancient ones', there is no benefit in it for us to go into a semantics argument to correct it. UE could refer to us as Clarence and it would make no difference.
[Heck, this whole elders and existing before time bit may be a trap laid for us by UE, just to see if we'll go along with stuff it's bullshitting.]]

RE: Lucidstuck II - Kayriel - 11-02-2019

[Fellow, go ahead and put every bit of your post in brackets, please. Otherwise they are candidates and can be 'heard'.]

RE: Lucidstuck II - Fellow - 11-02-2019

(11-02-2019, 10:46 PM)Kayriel Wrote: »[Fellow, go ahead and put every bit of your post in brackets, please. Otherwise they are candidates and can be 'heard'.]
[All right. I figured I'd non-bracket it just to give an indication that the sorta odd command is not consensus, but that is probably more trouble than it's worth.]

RE: Lucidstuck II - intrepidPioneer - 11-03-2019

=>

[Image: NUaVBap.png]

Show ChatlogShow

1. Help Ennoukh
2. Deny help

RE: Lucidstuck II - TerraTorment - 11-03-2019

[ this is probably the hardest choice we've come up to, and it's a lose / lose scenario, let's say we decline to help him,  ue will have reasons to consider us it's enemy, and it has two kids at its mercy, i dont see why it wouldn't immediately gut lucia and alice (or perhaps just lucia) the moment we refuse allying with it, now, let's say we ally with ue, that throws the whole story into jeopardy, the whole point of ls is to open the arena to defeat the ue, ue is the bbeg of ls, plus, it can very well betray us whenever it wishes to
my thinking is, for the moment, we help ennoukh, it'll buy us time, at least, right now we're in a hostage situation, and the captor has two hostages with a gun aimed at their head, and they're asking for a rescue price, this is what we get for making enough bad choices in a row, we basically fucked up royally, let's hope we're given the chance to unfuckup things, not knowing what our choices will bring about makes us basically blind whenever we make a choice]

>if working together ensures the safety of the children then so be it, though, we have more questions for you, if you don't mind