Eagle Time
Four. - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Adventures and Games (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+---- Forum: Forum Adventures (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Four. (/showthread.php?tid=2438)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Four. - Myeth - 07-13-2017

Internal memo to me boi Bold,

Is Italics Bby?

Kool regards,

~Radical Red

RE: Four. - Zephyr Nepres - 07-13-2017

i CANNOT in good conscience tell you that italic is ENJOYABLE to be around, NO
~ BOLD

Sir, unfortunately for you, I am not on the market. Consider looking elsewhere for "bbys".
Thank you for your consideration,
Lady Italic

you ALWAYS try and make doing these THINGS less enjoyable, DON'T you?
~ BOLD

RE: Four. - wiltingMyosotis - 07-14-2017

An internal letter to council member Radical Red,

we do have seedlings in our garden. If you promise to read this 1000 paged book on how to take care of them, you may take one.

signed,
wiltingMyosotis.

>autoattackanddowhatyouwantaubery

RE: Four. - Myeth - 07-15-2017

Internal letter to TuRbOCUcular Council Member WiltingMytosis,

I would love to adopt the seedling, but I already built a relationship with this shoe that is shaped like a very threatening banana. I named them Bartholomew Jr.
It would be very unfair on my child here if I adopt the seedling at the exact same time as Barthelomew. I'll keep the offer in mind, friendo.

AAaaAAAAAAAaaAAAA,

~Radical Red

RE: Four. - Tuesbirdy - 07-15-2017

(07-13-2017, 10:58 AM)Zephyr Nepres Wrote: »Ms. Audrey, perhaps a separate function would be most advisable, such as guarding the foe's attack. That... abomination seems quite fragile, and now seems the best opportunity to experiment with our other options. If it should fall too soon, we cannot gain significant information on our- rather, your abilities. We most likely will not have many opportunities before facing a more difficult foe, after all.
Kind regards,
Lady Italic

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow

(07-13-2017, 09:36 AM)typeandkey Wrote: »>Maybe try out one of your doomsday level spells? Should be interesting fireworks at the very least.

[Image: ada_no.png?raw=true]

The [T0-AF] is a training dummy that can't attack.
Also, Ada doesn't have any 'doomsday level' spells!
At least, not yet...

(07-13-2017, 04:37 AM)Arcanuse Wrote: »Interesting. Let's see if that magic combo feature made it in to Ada here.
>Try using Shock and Ice.

(07-13-2017, 05:48 AM)NotABear Wrote: »"The Techmind is currently taking notes on this for future development of the [T0-AF]. We second this thorough testing. THEN we must get inside."

(07-13-2017, 09:54 AM)Myeth Wrote: »"Aubrey pls murder the robo nicely i don't think burning up in flames is a very nice way to go."

AUBREY
"I'm not sure that freezing or stunning attacks
are any nicer than burning ones, but then, it's
j̷̖̞̭̫̙̠͉u͖s̢̻̟͇͕̯͍t͙̲̹͉̖͟ ̛̩a̪̯̦̱̪̱n͏͇͚ a͉͉̫͠c̯̫͡t̴͚̙̙̱i̵̟̭̗͉̦o̜͚̳̙n͚̥̦̮̰̲͡ ͔ͅͅf̖̮i̞g̭̦u͔͇r̠͖͚͇͖͢e̯̝. Let's finish this."

(07-13-2017, 10:03 AM)Seyhial Wrote: »> Kill it.

(07-14-2017, 03:06 AM)wiltingMyosotis Wrote: »>autoattackanddowhatyouwantaubery

AUBREY
"You keep mispronouncing my name..."

---BATTLE LOG---

Ada's Shock and Ice crystals pulsate with energy. An undulating tone emanates from the air around her...

[Image: youwashock.png?raw=true]

**Ada used up 2 SP for a Combo Attack!!**

**[T0-AF] took 10 damage!!**

**Ada's ICE BEAM negated [T0-AF]'s BURN status!!**

**[T0-AF] is no longer on fire!!**

**Ada's SHOCK VOLLEY afflicts [T0-AF] with STUN!!**

**The [T0-AF]'s final moments are riddled with confusion.**

**OVERKILL**

The battle is won!

[ADA] [HP: 10/10] [SP: 2/5] [STATUS: None]
Total damage dealt: 18
Total damage taken: 0
Core fragments harvested: N/A

---/BATTLE LOG---

Battle Mode Exit. . .

[Image: happyada.png?raw=true]

The action figure explodes, leaving behind a charred, gummy corpse and a smoking monitor.
Aubrey's excitement spills over into your consciousness.

AUBREY
"Good job, Ada!"

She smooches the bracelet's yellow gem.

AUBREY
"That was amazing. If I'd been able to do that ten years ago,
I wouldn't have to be here right now. Those things that
took Jackie, me, and those other kids..."

AUBREY
"Heh. They don't s͎͕̘̳̗ͅț̬̬a̘̠͎͈n͇̬̜d̵̪ ̢̰̗͕͎̬̼͔a ̭͜ͅc̨͚̭͓͎͔̣ͅh̝̝̞̥͈̝a̜͝nc͇̥̝̩͖̤e̸̬̱ against us."
"Thanks for your support, Council."
"It looks like Ada's a little low on energy... let's not
push her too much."

RE: Four. - NotABear - 07-15-2017

SpoilerShow
"The Techmind appreciates the data you have furnished us with, Visitor Aubrey. Give ADA some rest and please proceed indoors, where we will hopefull be clear of this confounding static. We will also retrieve the defeated [T0-AF] unit and see that it is compensated for it's service."

RE: Four. - Arcanuse - 07-15-2017

Glaaaaaaaaad to be of service, Aubrey.

If you don't mind Aubrey, I would like to try a few experiments involving delivering cargo, and testing material we have in stock.

All you have to do is pick whichever package sounds interesting, and we'll prepare the materials and ship it somewhere nearby.
SpoilerShow
And before you ask, we will be confirming the requested package is the one sent. No more Honkit incidents.
SpoilerShow

RE: Four. - wiltingMyosotis - 07-15-2017

apologiesa-u-b-r-e-y

wasthatrightthistime?

iagreeletadarestandmaybegoandexploreabit

SpoilerShow

RE: Four. - Zephyr Nepres - 07-15-2017

(07-15-2017, 09:41 AM)wiltingMyosotis Wrote: »apologiesa-u-b-r-e-y

wasthatrightthistime?

SpoilerShow

I. HAVE BEEN. DORMANT. FOR EONS. OBSERVING.
I. HAVE NEVER. ENCOUNTERED. A FEMALE. USER. NAMED AUDREY.

i, BOLD, believe I would remember HER, at the very least. CLEARLY line here is an UNRELIABLE narrator.
~ BOLD

I have documented each user I have come across. None fit Ms Audrey's description, on that I am certain. Perhaps another of the "Council" has altered our memory, for whatever reason?
For your consideration,
Italic.

RE: Four. - Myeth - 07-15-2017

SpoilerShow

>"Same with you, Aubrey. Don't push yourself too hard. Heck, your voice is glitching out, and that is not good. It won't just be your voice if you keep pushing. You do not want to go to the other place, where broken ones go. It's extremely easy to go there, but crawling out is another plane of impossibility, dude man."

RE: Four. - wiltingMyosotis - 07-15-2017

> Aubrey dear, how old are you exactly? How did you even enter this place? Pardon us, I would simply like to clarify things. We are all for helping you, but we do not understand. We have never seen you before, but for some reason, lest I'm mistaken you act like you have.

RE: Four. - Seyhial - 07-15-2017

> It's been 10 years. What makes you think your friend is alive ?

RE: Four. - Dediles - 07-15-2017

hey everyone sorry I'm late. traffic am I right? anyway I'm here now and this Aubrey character looks interesting. let's try not to get her killed this time alright? alright.

>hey kid, you seem a little bit... off, your voice does this t̛̪͇h̳́i̠s̭̲͎̙͎̭͜ ͍̙̯we̹̬̘̭͚͜i̲r͏͎͙͇͖̩ḏ͉͚̫̙͕͍ ̞͍̟̦̮g͞lį̯͙̞̙͚t͉̗̦̙̝̜͟ͅc͈̤̗͕h͙̤̯̩̼̬͠y ̠̟̦t̛̟̰h͓͝i̛̹̹͖n̯̗͠ͅg̰̟̞̣̘͠ and it's kinda worrying. are you doing OK? -Avatar of the Dead Lilies

RE: Four. - typeandkey - 07-15-2017

>It's too early to celebrate now, wait until you cleaved this world in twain.

RE: Four. - NotABear - 07-16-2017

( INTERNAL MEMO: . . . Mm. Maybe it is just us. Do not mind us. Just speculating. )

RE: Four. - Tuesbirdy - 07-16-2017

(07-15-2017, 09:31 AM)NotABear Wrote: »
SpoilerShow
"The Techmind appreciates the data you have furnished us with, Visitor Aubrey. Give ADA some rest and please proceed indoors, where we will hopefull be clear of this confounding static. We will also retrieve the defeated [T0-AF] unit and see that it is compensated for it's service."

(07-15-2017, 09:38 AM)Arcanuse Wrote: »Glaaaaaaaaad to be of service, Aubrey.

If you don't mind Aubrey, I would like to try a few experiments involving delivering cargo, and testing material we have in stock.

All you have to do is pick whichever package sounds interesting, and we'll prepare the materials and ship it somewhere nearby.
SpoilerShow
And before you ask, we will be confirming the requested package is the one sent. No more Honkit incidents.
SpoilerShow

AUBREY
"I'll take the Hearty Package."
"It's more important that I survive than I have prettier toys to play with."

(07-15-2017, 09:41 AM)wiltingMyosotis Wrote: »apologiesa-u-b-r-e-y

wasthatrightthistime?

SpoilerShow

(07-15-2017, 01:56 PM)Seyhial Wrote: »> It's been 10 years. What makes you think your friend is alive ?

The implications set Aubrey's blood aflame.

[Image: aubreyglare.png?raw=true]

AUBREY
"What makes you think she isn't? Jackie is alive. I̥̬͡ ̙̬̖͘k̩ͅn̡ǫ͓͖̤͎w̡ ̥̟̬͎it!͙͍͍̻̖!"

AUBREY
"That... that thing didn't bring us here to die."
"Four children. Four souls. Four endless fonts of WILL to—"

(07-15-2017, 06:40 PM)Dediles Wrote: »hey everyone sorry I'm late. traffic am I right? anyway I'm here now and this Aubrey character looks interesting. let's try not to get her killed this time alright? alright.

>hey kid, you seem a little bit... off, your voice does this t̛̪͇h̳́i̠s̭̲͎̙͎̭͜ ͍̙̯we̹̬̘̭͚͜i̲r͏͎͙͇͖̩ḏ͉͚̫̙͕͍ ̞͍̟̦̮g͞lį̯͙̞̙͚t͉̗̦̙̝̜͟ͅc͈̤̗͕h͙̤̯̩̼̬͠y ̠̟̦t̛̟̰h͓͝i̛̹̹͖n̯̗͠ͅg̰̟̞̣̘͠ and it's kinda worrying. are you doing OK? -Avatar of the Dead Lilies

Your concern calms Aubrey down some. She collects herself and takes a deep, grounding breath.

(07-15-2017, 01:24 PM)Myeth Wrote: »
SpoilerShow

>"Same with you, Aubrey. Don't push yourself too hard. Heck, your voice is glitching out, and that is not good. It won't just be your voice if you keep pushing. You do not want to go to the other place, where broken ones go. It's extremely easy to go there, but crawling out is another plane of impossibility, dude man."

AUBREY
"I know. I know. I know."
"What lured me and Jackie to the in-between, all those years ago..."
"I believe that's where it came from."

(07-15-2017, 01:31 PM)wiltingMyosotis Wrote: »> Aubrey dear, how old are you exactly? How did you even enter this place? Pardon us, I would simply like to clarify things. We are all for helping you, but we do not understand. We have never seen you before, but for some reason, lest I'm mistaken you act like you have.

AUBREY
"I'm 20. I got here the same way I got out: With some extradimensional help."
"I don't want to talk about it right now. Not in... public... like this."

(07-15-2017, 08:07 PM)typeandkey Wrote: »>It's too early to celebrate now, wait until you cleaved this world in twain.

AUBREY
"Haha..."
"Do you think I could be that kind of hero?"

The s͉̝̺͇͈̩̱t̠͕̱͍́a̬̠̣̮̮̞͙͟t̤̰̞͚i̢̗̞̫̮̭̜̺c̮̺̦͠ grows. Aubrey shivers. One imagines she's outstayed her welcome.

AUBREY
"Let's go inside."

==>

[Image: nextroom.png?raw=true]

Aubrey hurries into the building, Ada in tow. The sight that awaits them—and you—is strikingly mundane, strange materials aside.

AUBREY
"Hmm."
"This is underwhelming--"

The door swings shut behind her. She startles at the noise.

AUBREY
"That happened."
"I don't hear the static as much indoors..."

RE: Four. - wiltingMyosotis - 07-16-2017

> I apologize for that, Aubrey. I hope you feel better.
> Could you kindly read that book and see what it has to say? It has me curious.

RE: Four. - Seyhial - 07-16-2017

> Was your plan to just come back here and somehow rescue your friend ? Did you even bring anything to help you ? You're just as naive as you were back in the theater.

> Fortunately for you, you've got the Council this time. And we will make you stronger than you could ever imagine.

RE: Four. - Arcanuse - 07-16-2017

ah. ah. ah. yes.
A fine choice.
It should fall from above in your vicinity soon.
Just pop open the snap locks on the front, and the contents are yours.

Package Contents
SpoilerShow
Just crush them to use them. Easy enough.
Oh, and ap ol og ie's in advance if it lands on you or Ada. It's a small package, but ■■■■■■ or ■■■■■■ ■■.

RE: Four. - Myeth - 07-16-2017

>"GIRL DON'T OPEN THE BOOK, DON'T TOUCH IT, DON'T GET NEAR IT, FUCKING OBLITERATE IT AND RUN"

SpoilerShow

RE: Four. - Dediles - 07-16-2017

SpoilerShow

>textures here kinda suck right? what is that table even made of? or is this one of those metaphysical it's made of imagination type deals?

RE: Four. - typeandkey - 07-16-2017

>Sit down at that table and call out for service. Tsk, they don't even have the menus out yet, shameful.

RE: Four. - Myeth - 07-16-2017

SpoilerShow

(07-16-2017, 02:15 PM)Seyhial Wrote: »> Was your plan to just come back here and somehow rescue your friend ? Did you even bring anything to help you ? You're just as naive as you were back in the theater.

> Fortunately for you, you've got the Council this time. And we will make you stronger than you could ever imagine.

AUBREY
"How do you know that? And how d̛͉̥̮͔̟̦͙̻͈̀à̛̪͈r͕̰͍ͅḙ̸̮̖̖͠ you—"

She remembers Radical Red's warning and catches herself.

AUBREY
"If you want to know what I've got, we can talk about this later. Not here, not now."
"Just know that I haven't been sitting on my arse for ten years, not preparing."

You sense some hostility.

(07-16-2017, 01:21 PM)wiltingMyosotis Wrote: »> I apologize for that, Aubrey. I hope you feel better.
> Could you kindly read that book and see what it has to say? It has me curious.

AUBREY
"No, it's... it's alright. My temper got away from me."
"Thank you. I appreciate your help, Council."

(07-16-2017, 05:39 PM)Dediles Wrote: »
SpoilerShow

>textures here kinda suck right? what is that table even made of? or is this one of those metaphysical it's made of imagination type deals?

AUBREY
"Textures? Like in a video game? Haha, I wonder how you guys see the world."
"The In-Between is all metaphysics, so. I think whoever constructed this place..."

Aubrey runs her hand along the tabletop.

AUBREY
"Really likes corkboards."

(07-16-2017, 04:05 PM)Myeth Wrote: »>"GIRL DON'T OPEN THE BOOK, DON'T TOUCH IT, DON'T GET NEAR IT, FUCKING OBLITERATE IT AND RUN"

SpoilerShow

AUBREY
"I don't know your history with green books, but I don't sense anything strange from this particular one."
"It's not giving off that 'killing intent' so many things in this world do."

[Image: inspectingbook.png?raw=true]

AUBREY
"I feel like this book doesn't want to be read—but I don't think it could stop me, anyway."

(07-16-2017, 03:40 PM)Arcanuse Wrote: »ah. ah. ah. yes.
A fine choice.
It should fall from above in your vicinity soon.
Just pop open the snap locks on the front, and the contents are yours.

Package Contents
SpoilerShow
Just crush them to use them. Easy enough.
Oh, and ap ol og ie's in advance if it lands on you or Ada. It's a small package, but ■■■■■■ or ■■■■■■ ■■.

AUBREY
"Cloudy with a chance of care packages? Heh..."
"I'll keep that in mind."

(07-16-2017, 06:21 PM)typeandkey Wrote: »>Sit down at that table and call out for service. Tsk, they don't even have the menus out yet, shameful.

[Image: sittingattable.png?raw=true]

Aubrey sits at the table.

AUBREY
"This is silly."