Eagle Time
Another Me - Your number has been called! - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Cool Shit You Can Do (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Forum Adventures (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Another Me - Your number has been called! (/showthread.php?tid=2313)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Another Me - Your number has been called! - Benedict - 08-31-2018

>Effy: wait aren't those bad. am i missing something

RE: Another Me - Your number has been called! - typeandkey - 09-01-2018

>Hmmm... He could be a demon, he does look like a lawyer, but where's his pitchfork?

RE: Another Me - Your number has been called! - smuchmuch - 09-01-2018

>Clover: And do you happen to look a bit like a humanoid cat with horns in some oter form maybe ?

RE: Another Me - Your number has been called! - FlanDab - 09-01-2018

>That handsomeness, that sophistication, that charm. Gosh, he's a devil in human skin! He's not going to uhm... do what demons do to little girls?

RE: Another Me - Your number has been called! - Naem - 09-17-2018

> That handsomeness, that sophistication, that charm. Gosh, he's a devil in human skin! He's not going to uhm... do what demons do to little girls?

[Image: VM3gNvm.png]

EFFY: Oh.
EFFY: Um...
EFFY: And... you're a friend? A-A friendly demon?
EFFY: Like... You haven't...
EFFY: You haven't done anything to Grandma, have you?!

[Image: fG9aAiD.png]

[Image: s6KJpgb.png]

AUBIN: Hahaha!
NIMAH: Oh my goodness...! Sorry, dear, I can see how you would assume that, but...
AUBIN: Effy, what do you think a demon is?

> Effy: wait aren't those bad. am i missing something

[Image: pNrv8gM.png]

EFFY: Um, I... I mean... I just thought...
EFFY: I-I mean! It's in the name, right? It's right in the name! Because, um... You know, demons, demonic... It's...
EFFY: Isn't it all about evil stuff??
CLOVER: 'Sfunny ya should say that.

> Clover: And do you happen to look a bit like a humanoid cat with horns in some other form maybe ?

[Image: 4sPHLWV.png]

CLOVER: Lemme guess, Aubon--
AUBIN: Aubin.
CLOVER: This ain't what ya really look like, is it? Ya usually got horns, yeah? Maybe FUR?
AUBIN: Indeed.
AUBIN: I don't suppose you've met one of my kind before.
CLOVER: Not exactly.
NIMAH: ... Actually, there is something I've been meaning to ask.
NIMAH: I would hope it's only a strange coincidence, but...

[Image: enIIrtN.gif]

RE: Another Me - Your number has been called! - Benedict - 09-17-2018

>Hellbirds: Detain interloper

RE: Another Me - Your number has been called! - typeandkey - 09-19-2018

>Clover: Oh no, your birds have brought a bunch of useless junk they've gathered to try and curry your favor. They pile it all at your feet and begin bouncing around making noise, like a bunch of spoiled puppies begging for attention.

RE: Another Me - Your number has been called! - Naem - 10-04-2018

> Hellbirds: Detain interloper

[Image: D92nq6n.png]

Good thing you told them to stay put. They sound like they're ready to tear out the French dude's hair.

[Image: eGzKufr.png]

AUBIN: ... But?
NIMAH: You can hear them from here... Those creatures, behind the next house.
CLOVER: My place.
NIMAH: Yes.

[Image: jiqUNWk.png]

NIMAH: Sabrina and Clover told me they found them a few days ago, and that they're connected to some sort of demon...
NIMAH: What... do you make of it?
AUBIN: Well...

[Image: U0h9dRY.png]

AUBIN: These creatures are familiars, indeed, bound to a demon. But, and I assume this is what you're worried about, they are not unique. In fact, they happen to be a popular choice for demons who want companions.
NIMAH: So you mean...

> Clover: Oh no, your birds have brought a bunch of useless junk they've gathered to try and curry your favor.

[Image: D0LZslx.png]

AUBIN: Exactly.
AUBIN: There is no need to fear the return of an old friend less savoury than I.
AUBIN: That IS what you were going to ask, yes?
NIMAH: ... Yes. Thank you.
NIMAH: I never realised before how... wordy you are.
AUBIN: I imagine I mustn't make a very good impression when I only know ten words in the only language my conversation partner speaks!

RE: Another Me - Your number has been called! - Benedict - 10-05-2018

>Effy: What was that Aubin just said? Something about a mold friend?

RE: Another Me - Your number has been called! - typeandkey - 10-06-2018

>Clover: Your birds want attention. Give them head pats and tummy rubs.
>Someone/Everyone: Laugh, that's adorable.
>Clover: "Nobody better take a picture of this!"
>Effy: Take a picture.
>Aubin: Point out to Clover that taking care of demonic familiars is a big responsibility. She'll need to feed and water them, take them for walks, and allow them to feast on the unfiltered wickedness of mankind every blood moon.

RE: Another Me - Your number has been called! - tronn - 10-08-2018

>So how does this work, does Aubin need to be invited to your home before he can step in? Do you really want to invite a demon to your house?

RE: Another Me - Your number has been called! - Naem - 10-31-2018

> Effy: What was that Aubin just said? Something about a mold friend?

[Image: eM0eCom.png]

EFFY: Um...
EFFY: Mr. Aubin?
AUBIN: Again, no need for formalities, yes?
EFFY: R... Right! I was saying, um... I mean, I was going to ask... W-Who are you talking about?
AUBIN: Hm?
EFFY: You mentioned, um, an “old friend”...
NIMAH: Oh.

[Image: ptDJjpy.png]

AUBIN: Well, I did also say I see no reason to fear the aforementioned friend’s return. She IS long-dead.

[Image: rty7jMn.png]

AUBIN: ... Although, come to think of it, so are you. Not quite as long-dead, but still.
NIMAH: Oh... No, you’re... you’re most likely right. She would never be authorised to leave. The possibility scared me, but...
AUBIN & EFFY: “Authorised”?

> Clover: Your birds want attention. Give them head pats and tummy rubs.

[Image: SfE71cd.png]

AUBIN: Ah-- Are you having any trouble, Clover?
CLOVER: No! Shut up!!
AUBIN: ... Are you sure? I can’t imagine you have handled demonic familiars before, so I was wondering if I could offer any helpful advice, that’s all.
CLOVER: Ugh, go back to whatever you were talkin’ about!
AUBIN: Do let me know if you are not yet aware of their special dietary needs during blood moons.
CLOVER: THAT’S NOT A THING!!!

> So how does this work, does Aubin need to be invited to your home before he can step in? Do you really want to invite a demon to your house?

[Image: V5OfJdP.gif]

AUBIN: But speaking of the unimaginable! Nimah, you simply must tell me what you mean.
AUBIN: If Ivra would not be “authorised”, I assume, to walk among the living, then I must assume that YOU are, and that there are rules governing this!
AUBIN: Not only that, but your mere presence before me has the most vast implications! Life after death has been one of the great unknowns ever since the dawn of mankind and now its mechanisms may be within my grasp!
EFFY: Um... Yeah! It... It’s all really cool, so... So let’s all talk about ourselves inside! L-Like we said earlier, right?
EFFY: W-Wait, do you need, um, a formal invitation, or...
AUBIN: No, no, you’re thinking of vampires.
EFFY: VAMPIRES ARE REAL???

[Image: NBz3hLP.gif]

CLOVER: Yeah, yeah, y’all got a lotta questions for each other...
CLOVER: Just take turns or somethin’. We’re gonna be at it all day no matter what, right?

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
SpoilerShow

RE: Another Me - Your number has been called! - typeandkey - 10-31-2018

>Effy: Now that the promise of vampires is present, latch onto that topic with an iron-grip single-mindedness yet to be witnessed by either human of demonkind. An endless deluge of vampire questions bursts from your talk-box like a cracked dam.

>Clover: Your birds are like spoiled wee babbies. They don't like it when you aren't close by and try to follow you indoors, they kick up a tantrum driven fuss if you try to stop them.

RE: Another Me - Your number has been called! - Benedict - 11-01-2018

Clover: So, that's not a thing, but if it were a thing, what would I need to watch out for on a blood moon?

and seconding typeandkey's first suggestion because, come on, obviously if the subject can be vampires then the subject should be vampires

RE: Another Me - Your number has been called! - smuchmuch - 11-01-2018

>As it turn out they sometime really DO sparkle sometime. ...It's never a good sign.

>Clover: Not to (mercyfully) change the subject but Do they know a green haired kitsune named Selena

RE: Another Me - Your number has been called! - El Santo - 11-01-2018

Aubin: Be French, I mean really really French, like I mean so French that French people would go, "Whoa that is too French"
Aubin: In response to any questions Effy has overly explain everything in demonic terminology that she does not understand. Produce a chart from your jacket showing graphs and numbers that are so esoteric to the human mind that they cause a temporary rift in Effy's sanity.

RE: Another Me - Your number has been called! - Naem - 12-01-2018

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
SpoilerShow

> Clover: So, that's not a thing, but if it were a thing, what would I need to watch out for on a blood moon?

[Image: Ec1SrFm.gif]

CLOVER: S--

> Effy: Now that the promise of vampires is present, latch onto that topic with an iron-grip single-mindedness yet to be witnessed by either human of demonkind. An endless deluge of vampire questions bursts from your talk-box like a cracked dam.

[Image: mA81szh.png]

EFFY: What are vampires like? Do you know any?? Are they like Dracula or like Alucard or like Edward? Do they actually sparkle???
AUBIN: Haha!
AUBIN: This isn’t quite what I had in mind, but I certainly don’t mind sharing what I know before I satisfy my own curiosity.

[Image: Y4XOIHc.png]

AUBIN: If life after death is one of the great unknowns, then perhaps unlife is God’s way of telling us not to seek an answer. Of course, others would argue that God has nothing to do with these creatures whatsoever. Do they possess souls? Are they demons? Are they unworthy of the title for having been born human, or are they simply beneath it by virtue of their being? What can be said for a fact is that they are bloodsucking parasites - but then again, undeath is not a requirement for such a nature.
AUBIN: I have written about vampires, both for a human audience who is better kept in the dark and for my fellow longhorns, but I have never had the opportunity to speak to one.
AUBIN: ... To my knowledge, anyway.
AUBIN: They must keep to themselves. It is natural, I suppose, since no good came of the last time they were in the public eye. The dead rising from their graves all over Europe, making more of their kind in droves and meeting their ultimate demise just as abundantly... No, I am quite sure they prefer to carry out their deeds in the dark, in more ways than one.
AUBIN: ... What was that about sparkles?

[Image: rddMR50.png]

EFFY: N... Never mind! And, um, thank you!
EFFY: But, but are they really all evil or--
CLOVER: Wait.
CLOVER: My turn to ask a question.
EFFY: O-Oh, right.

> Clover: Not to (mercyfully) change the subject but Do they know a green haired kitsune named Selena

[Image: 7FziD41.png]

CLOVER: Ya know that girl with the crazy hair, don’t ya?
AUBIN: ... Who?
CLOVER: Selena! The fox lady with the green hair!
AUBIN: Selena...?
CLOVER: She summoned the freakin’ birds!
CLOVER: Look, she said they were her friend’s birds and I heard ya talkin’ to Nimah, so don’t ya try to pull one over me or anythin’! I’m not dumb!
AUBIN: Ah.
AUBIN: Of course, I never assumed you were. Forgive my hesitation. I sincerely wasn’t sure who you meant.
AUBIN: But I do know her, yes. What of it?

RE: Another Me - Your number has been called! - Viridis - 12-02-2018

> "Should she be trying to summon dead folks willy-nilly? Don't you need a permit for that?"

RE: Another Me - Your number has been called! - Benedict - 12-02-2018

>Also, what's this about fellow longhorns? I don't see no horns, buddy.

RE: Another Me - Your number has been called! - typeandkey - 12-02-2018

>Effy: Before Clover can explain, interrupt and explain absolutely everything about the killer bird adventure in meticulous, but speedy, detail. Leave in all the perilous and life threatening bits. Maybe even make them seem more perilous and life threatening.
>Clover: Apply your palm to your face. You were going to be more tactful, but yes, that sums it up.

RE: Another Me - Your number has been called! - Naem - 12-21-2018

> "Should she be trying to summon dead folks willy-nilly? Don't you need a permit for that?"

[Image: qTUC1EV.png]

CLOVER: Like... D'you know what she's been up to??
AUBIN: Summoning familiars, it seems.
CLOVER: Not THAT part! I mean the freakin'...
NIMAH: ... She was trying to bring someone back from the dead. Wasn't she?
EFFY: That's what she said...
EFFY: Um... T-That's not something you can just do, right? It doesn't sound okay...
AUBIN: Necromancy is frowned upon, yes... particularly the weaponized variety thereof. Of course, I doubt that was her intention.

[Image: n6BgRv5.png]

NIMAH: And regardless of what views you may have on this... practice, no one would ever be allowed to return from the dead without a very compelling and certified reason!
NIMAH: So, no. It is not "something you can just do."
EFFY: Whoa...
CLOVER: Right! The point bein' she's just as shady as you are!

> Also, what's this about fellow longhorns? I don't see no horns, buddy.

[Image: t2NsIZ0.png]

AUBIN: ... May I ask where this is coming from?
CLOVER: Ughhh, come on! Why'd all you magical guys gotta be so annoyin' to talk to?! Ya ain't even got horns right now!
AUBIN: I thought we had already established that I DO usually have horns?
CLOVER: Yeah, well, dunno why you're dressin' all your junk up in fancy "longhorn" talk, MY horns didn't look very long.
AUBIN: ... Your horns??
CLOVER: And what're ya even writin' there, huh?!
AUBIN: Personal notes and observations.
AUBIN: Speaking of which, may I have a quick explanation of what exactly happened with Selena before my questions become unmanageable?
CLOVER: Ugh, I needed cash and--

[Image: qM4NZZN.png]

You are now Effy and you can't keep yourself from explaining in Clover's stead.

You don't really embellish any of the facts, you think. The birds looked kind of scary, and you helped, but Clo did most of the cool stuff. Speaking of cool, she looked really cool with her big demon wings! When you say that, she looks at you with a very red face, so you change the subject, surmising she'll only be more annoyed if you go on to talk about how boopable her nose looked.

You always kind of want to boop her nose, but when you told that to Clover, she screamed and told you not to mention it to anyone.

[Image: YlGSq3L.png]

AUBIN: I see. And so, you decided that the safest place to keep them is with you. A good choice, I am inclined to say.
CLOVER: Gah!! Why'd you just...?!
AUBIN: Hm?
AUBIN: We ARE answering one another's questions, are we not?

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
SpoilerShow

RE: Another Me - Your number has been called! - typeandkey - 12-22-2018

>Oh my word, he's ADORABLE
>Somebody: Squee

RE: Another Me - Your number has been called! - Viridis - 12-22-2018

Fuzzyyyyyy~

> "Should we do something about Selena? I mean, we don't know what she's up to, but it sounds pretty forbidden."

RE: Another Me - Your number has been called! - Benedict - 12-22-2018

>Clover: Get hung up on this horn length thing. Those are medium-sized horns at best!

RE: Another Me - Your number has been called! - FlanDab - 12-22-2018

>Is calling a demon adorable an insult?