Eagle Time
Lucidstuck II - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Cool Shit You Can Do (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Forum Adventures (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Lucidstuck II (/showthread.php?tid=2474)

RE: Lucidstuck II - Fellow - 08-10-2019

(08-10-2019, 04:11 PM)TerraTorment Wrote: »>Lucia: ask about the second presence ira felt here a bit ago, ask her to introduce you to her friend, who are they? why did they suddenly vanish as you arrived? this is all extremely suspect
I don't feel great about any option I can think of but I suppose I'll second this one.

RE: Lucidstuck II - neferiusNexus - 08-10-2019

(08-10-2019, 04:20 PM)Fellow Wrote: »
(08-10-2019, 04:11 PM)TerraTorment Wrote: »>Lucia: ask about the second presence ira felt here a bit ago, ask her to introduce you to her friend, who are they? why did they suddenly vanish as you arrived? this is all extremely suspect
I don't feel great about any option I can think of but I suppose I'll second this one.
I do believe that, as long as we're on our best behaviour, Lucia meeting Bob Server would be interesting :)

Thirding

And also adding:
>Daydream: If you can hear us, trust us that we'll be on our best behaviour and help you convince Lucia to go along with your plan if you summon Bob Server to aid you.

RE: Lucidstuck II - intrepidPioneer - 08-17-2019

>Lucia: ask about the second presence ira felt here a bit ago, ask her to introduce you to her friend, who are they? why did they suddenly vanish as you arrived? this is all extremely suspect

[Image: zeGUOiP.png]

Show ChatlogShow

Daydream's asked for your aid in her plans, your choice here will alter the course of perceived memory.

1. Your plan's dumb and risky, no.
2. It's dumb and risky, but I guess so.

RE: Lucidstuck II - TerraTorment - 08-17-2019

>Lucia: you can't agree to this, alice's plan is full of holes and it doesn't account for what happens if something goes wrong, we need to revise the plan, and have everybody chime in, we need everybody to do this (1)

Daydream's plan is not accounting for the stuff happening outside of construct, nightmare needs to be healed using the black skull emily has, ALSO we need to set up the arena to defeat ue, relying on disciple of the reaper to kill ue is VERY DANGEROUS and could get a kid killed if ue uses an illussion to trick us

RE: Lucidstuck II - quintessentialWildflower - 08-17-2019

(08-17-2019, 02:13 AM)TerraTorment Wrote: »>Lucia: you can't agree to this, daydream's plan is full of holes and it doesn't account for what happens if something goes wrong, we need to revise the plan, and have everybody chime in

Daydream's plan is not accounting for the stuff happening outside of construct, nightmare needs to be healed using the black skull emily has, ALSO we need to set up the arena to defeat ue, relying on disciple of the reaper to kill ue is VERY DANGEROUS and could get a kid killed if ue uses an illussion to trick us
upvoting

RE: Lucidstuck II - Shadowfyst997 - 08-17-2019

Can I suggest then, a change of wording?

>Agree to work with Daydream, but only if the two of can approach the endeavor as equals, and work with each other to revise the plan as best as possible.

I think Lucia and Daydream can work really well together, even if begrudgingly. But if Daydream thinks she's completely in charge, Lucia will pull back, and if Lucia refuses to give Daydream a chance, she'll pull back instead.

RE: Lucidstuck II - Fellow - 08-17-2019

I don't know why everyone is acting like this is DD and not UE, but let's at the very least not go along its plan.
>1

And if this means lucia leaves:
>Lucia: Use your bag to create a smokescreen before you rëenter the pitch black so Daydream won't learn how you got here.

RE: Lucidstuck II - Panur - 08-17-2019

> Lucia: Agree, since it'll allow you to keep track of Alice -as she'll need to provide you with intel- and you don't really need to comply just bc you said so. Just keep your mind open to the fact regardless of your beef, Alice may be telling the truth.

RE: Lucidstuck II - EternalDeliverance - 08-17-2019

(08-17-2019, 02:13 AM)TerraTorment Wrote: »>Lucia: you can't agree to this, daydream's plan is full of holes and it doesn't account for what happens if something goes wrong, we need to revise the plan, and have everybody chime in

Seconding

RE: Lucidstuck II - martialAcademic - 08-17-2019

>1: The sentiment of saving Derrick is good, but the plan seems dumb and risky. Work on it, and show a bit of trust instead of meeting through illusions and maybe it'd be worth considering more seriously.

RE: Lucidstuck II - amobiaman - 08-17-2019

>1 Disagree. it's a bad plan. How do you know Alice wouldn't betray you the instant you're down?

RE: Lucidstuck II - Ten11 - 08-17-2019

Ok im leaning 1, but i want to make the suggestion to stall further, to not conclusively give "Daydream" an answer yet. Ask for more details, ask more questions.

RE: Lucidstuck II - neferiusNexus - 08-19-2019

(08-17-2019, 02:13 AM)TerraTorment Wrote: »>Lucia: you can't agree to this, alice's plan is full of holes and it doesn't account for what happens if something goes wrong, we need to revise the plan, and have everybody chime in, we need everybody to do this (1)

Shut up and take my Upvote! :3

RE: Lucidstuck II - Kayriel - 08-19-2019

Interesting... sounds like the other person might have been Emily, and wanting to put Emily's lessons into practice might explain why Daydream's not being catty as all get-out like she might normally be.

But the massive deviation from the original plan makes me concerned about UE or some other sort of unforeseen imposter since we're not 100% where we are right now.

RE: Lucidstuck II - intrepidPioneer - 08-22-2019

>Lucia: you can't agree to this, alice's plan is full of holes and it doesn't account for what happens if something goes wrong, we need to revise the plan, and have everybody chime in, we need everybody to do this 

[Image: NSnkX2k.png]

Show ChatlogShow

Alice looks a little disappointed. For you having been the core of her plan she seems to be taking your rejection better than you thought.

1. Time to go
2. Brainstorm a better plan?

RE: Lucidstuck II - TerraTorment - 08-22-2019

>Lucia: Use your bag to create a smokescreen before you rëenter the pitch black so Alice won't learn how you got here. (1)

there's really nothing much to do here, we can't really brainstorm a better plan since currently lucia doesn't know about the arena, i presume once we have that sorted out maybe we could tell her about it

i'm beggining to think this is actually the real daydream, but i'm not sure yet, always stay skeptical

RE: Lucidstuck II - Fellow - 08-22-2019

(08-22-2019, 05:10 PM)TerraTorment Wrote: »>Lucia: Use your bag to create a smokescreen before you rëenter the pitch black so Daydream won't learn how you got here. (1)
Yeah, let's leave in a safe way.

Edit: Oh, wait, I accidentally used "Daydream" instead of "Alice" when I made that command. I don't think Lucia knows the name "Daydream" so we should probably use "Alice". I.E >Lucia: Use your bag to create a smokescreen before you rëenter the pitch black so Alice won't learn how you got here.

RE: Lucidstuck II - neferiusNexus - 08-22-2019

(08-22-2019, 05:10 PM)TerraTorment Wrote: »>Lucia: Use your bag to create a smokescreen before you rëenter the pitch black so Daydream won't learn how you got here. (1)

there's really nothing much to do here, we can't really brainstorm a better plan since currently lucia doesn't know about the arena, i presume once we have that sorted out maybe we could tell her about it

i'm beggining to think this is actually the real daydream, but i'm not sure yet, always stay skeptical
Naw, come-on that's just rude! ...plus she's the mistress of illusions, so it probably won't work.

Better we just play-along for now, see what we can glimpse of DD's mental process, maybe dissuade her from any further reckless action.
>2

RE: Lucidstuck II - Fellow - 08-22-2019

(08-22-2019, 07:31 PM)neferiusNexus Wrote: »Naw, come-on that's just rude! ...plus she's the mistress of illusions, so it probably won't work.

Better we just play-along for now, see what we can glimpse of DD's mental process, maybe dissuade her from any further reckless action.
>2
Lucas is the one who's got the clear sight, not daydream.
And we actually have an alternative plan. It's the arena. Garry knows about it, and if this is really Daydream we can just point her to Garry later, or tell her about it ourselves. No need for Lucia and Daydream to go brainstorming without that crucial bit of information.

RE: Lucidstuck II - Ten11 - 08-23-2019

>2
Let's stay here a bit. I am incredibly convinced this isn't DD, and I think it would be good if Lucia realised that. The more they talk, hopefully, the more chance 'DD' messes up and reveals themself. Plus, it gives more time for DD to overcome whatever was done to her. There's no indication anything bad will happen if we stay here for too long.
So, plan! (Because might as well) The basic idea here, is that we need to dismantle the construct, but not before we capture and kill UE. The problem is that 'DD's plan involves creating an exit to act as bait, and that's really risky. But the part of the plan to keep an eye out for someone trying to manipulate her into destroying the construct is something she can do anyway, since it just requires being observant. She might find UE without a key even needing to be created, which would complete the plan without needing to do the risky part.
What would help though, is more information about UE's nature though. The U part of its name is a pretty annoying thing to deal with. 'DD' has been reviewing everything that's happened multiple times, so surely she'd have much more of an insight into its nature, its patterns of behavior. Lucia should ask her for as much advice in spotting UE as she can give.

Edit: oh and Daydream, in the incredibly unlikely chance this is actually you, you're being a dumbass and you only have yourself to blame for how ridiculously suspicious you're coming off.

RE: Lucidstuck II - Fellow - 08-23-2019

(08-23-2019, 07:48 AM)Ten11 Wrote: »Let's stay here a bit. I am incredibly convinced this isn't DD, and I think it would be good if Lucia realised that. The more they talk, hopefully, the more chance 'DD' messes up and reveals themself. Plus, it gives more time for DD to overcome whatever was done to her. There's no indication anything bad will happen if we stay here for too long.
Talking more to an imposter that Lucia doesn't know is an imposter might lead to Lucia being tricked. And Lucia knows so little about Daydream that it'd be hard for her to recognise her as a fake.

Moreover, if this is UE then it's quite bad to tell it about powers we have, and powers are likely to come up during a brainstorm session.

I think we should check with Daydream later to confirm that this was a fake, and then ask her to pass a note to Lucia that says as much. That way Lucia will realize this is a fake without any futher risk to her.

RE: Lucidstuck II - EternalDeliverance - 08-23-2019

(08-22-2019, 05:10 PM)TerraTorment Wrote: »>Lucia: Use your bag to create a smokescreen before you rëenter the pitch black so Alice won't learn how you got here. (1)

seconding, staying here with possibly not daydream sounds dangerous

RE: Lucidstuck II - intrepidPioneer - 08-23-2019

>Lucia: Brainstorm a better plan?

[Image: AlzvSK4.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: JTDFcyC.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: 7aFilOs.png]

Show ChatlogShow

You didn't want to make any hasty decisions, but the real Alice would never offer first to work with you. Something is wrong and it needs to be addressed.

RE: Lucidstuck II - TerraTorment - 08-23-2019

>Lucia: do you feel ready to go to your father's room?

RE: Lucidstuck II - Fellow - 08-23-2019

>Lucia: Consider asking Garreth for Emily's contact info. They are in the same realm, right? Even if he doesn't have it he might still be able to get it from her in the waking world.