Eagle Time
This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Chat (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chatter (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff (/showthread.php?tid=51)

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - Infrared - 04-27-2013

So, i don't know why but i think i've lost interest in surfing the internet entirely, except for my tumblr dashboard which is fairly "clean" i guess, it's just art posts.

There was always something to read or watch before but now i don't feel like i'm enjoying myself when consuming useless information, if it weren't for online gaming i think i wouldn't have a reason to use the internet often. It makes me feel weird.

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - BRPXQZME - 04-28-2013

That could be the Finals Funk, though. Usually causes a slump in Internet postings this time of year.

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - Infrared - 04-28-2013

I don't go to school though, or do you mean like the majority of the internet gets a little boring because of that?

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - BRPXQZME - 04-28-2013

That is exactly what I mean.

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - Isoraķatheð - 04-28-2013

This is what it feels like when you are rudely interrupted in your sleep at four in the morning by a fly.

And it took well over an hour to finish him.

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - Gnauga - 04-29-2013

How were you going about it, Iso?

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - ICan'tGiveCredit - 04-29-2013

I recommend flame throwers

do people even have fly swatters? I can never find a home with a fly swatter. Not even in summer. They always use hands/shoes to kill them.

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - AgentBlue - 04-29-2013

I have a sweet electric flyswatter.

It makes them explode.

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - Jacquerel - 04-29-2013

I usually just bother them until they go into another room or back out the window

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - SleepingOrange - 04-29-2013

I was going to say that a fly-exploding-swatter sounds really disgusting

But then I realized that since I mostly grab them or swat them by hand

I'm not really in a position to judge!

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - Gnauga - 04-29-2013

I'm coming clean: I only asked so that I could brag about how I snipe bugs with rubber bands.

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - BestTeaMaker - 04-29-2013

Flyswatter? Psh. Real men use paper towel whips.

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - Schazer - 04-29-2013

Haha yay I'm not the only one that tries to catch them bare-handed

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - Gatr - 04-29-2013

Am I the only one that lets them out of the window?

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - Jacquerel - 04-29-2013

Considering you aren't the first to mention letting them out of the windows I imagine that would be unlikely

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - Infrared - 04-29-2013

I just catch them with my prehensile tongue and eat them.

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - AgentBlue - 04-29-2013

I catch them too if I can, so that I can slowly give to them the torment they give me.

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - Kíeros - 04-29-2013

I find the best way to deal with flies is to catch them in a cup, put a funnel over the cup, and then flood the cup until the fly drowns, then dump them down the sink.

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - btp - 04-29-2013

The best way to deal with flies is to dump out that old sack of maggot-filled potatoes that's been hiding in the back of the pantry for weeks. Careful, don't smell.

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - Phish - 04-29-2013

(04-29-2013, 09:09 AM)Wheat Wrote: »
(04-29-2013, 08:47 AM)AgentBlue Wrote: »slowly give to them the torment they give me

So you slightly irk them by coexisting in the same general space as them?

or are we dealing with superflies here

Australian flies are the size of small cats.
so, yeah.
Superflies

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - Pick Yer Poison - 04-29-2013

(04-29-2013, 11:46 AM)bigro Wrote: »
SpoilerShow

Not quite, that only happens south (where I am funnily enough). No where agen is the flies conglomerate into balls of buzzing pain and fury and fly around knocking small children over for fun.

These aren't superflies, no they're organised and dangerous. Think one confused teenager with a chaingun as opposed to several thousand members of a mafia with pistols. What's worse. It's the mafia. The fly mafia Wheat, agen deals with the fly mafia. They come to her house and threaten to break her legs if she doesn't pay them some ludicrous amount of money. They send her disembodied mantis heads in the mail. They light her blender on fire constantly when she is trying to make a smoothie. They threaten to sell her into the sex trade if she doesn't take their drugs.

So yes, a small amount of payback is in order. These aren't superflies, they're super-dick flies.

This isn't even accounting for the rival gang of biker bugs. Mosquitoes.

What is wrong with Australia

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - BRPXQZME - 04-29-2013

It’s smaller than Brazil and it’s a continent, that’s what!

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - Isoraķatheð - 04-29-2013

(04-29-2013, 01:44 AM)Gnauga Wrote: »How were you going about it, Iso?

The algorithm is as such:

Code:
while(char.self.canDetectFly()) {
   while(!loc = char.self.locateFly()) {
      sleep 3;
   }
   trackLoc(loc);
   char.self.arms.aim(loc);
   char.self.hands.clap();
}

With minor variations such as "slam the edge of the bed repeatedly", "open window when fly comes close to window and attempt to shoo it out", and "wash hands".

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - Kitet - 04-29-2013

one time dad left the door open all night and like 20 flies got in the house
so i sprayed them with kitchen soap and then wiped them up an drowned them and threw them away
the key part is hitting them with a blast of fresh clean soap, that paralyzes them
then you can drown them or throw them in a paper cup full of bad syrup or whatever

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - SleepingOrange - 04-29-2013

What

What is so wrong with a good old-fashioned swattin'