Eagle Time
We chat about videogames and videogame accessories. - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Chat (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chatter (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories. (/showthread.php?tid=197)

RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories. - Infinity Biscuit - 06-12-2013

Oh man, I can't tell how much is actual items and how much is just AC stuff but the Villager's page shows peaks at Boxing Glove and Balloon Fight Hat items

RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories. - Jacquerel - 06-12-2013

I felt like those are likely to just be his attacks but then again Mario's screenshots have a Wii Sports branded football in them

RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories. - Mehgamehn - 06-12-2013

SpoilerShow

I'm gonna be Megamanning and Villagering,, they are instant Mains. But I want the villager's horns goddamnit. Wii Fit Girl was a hella of a grab at making damn sure something existed that nobody saw coming.

Fairy Type has been pretty much known for a while now, so I'm not too surprised by it. All I want really is to completely nerf entry hazards and thus rip apart the current metagame, that's all.

That Windwaker Developer's Direct gives me a lot of hope for the remake, seems like a lot of real thought going into it

RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories. - Infrared - 06-12-2013

I have a bad feeling about Samus' design being based off Other M, does that mean that her Zero Suit version will reflect this as well? Or is she going to be ditched or replaced? Also, does someone give a fuck about Sonic or Snake not having a chance of appearing in this game?

Dang

I forgot E3 was supposed to be exciting. Like, i'm actually excited and surprised.

Mario Kart 8 looks pretty neat as well.

RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories. - Jacquerel - 06-12-2013

Why wouldn't Sonic or Snake be in?
Snake's maybe on shaky ground but Sega are basically in bed with Nintendo at the moment

Eh, yeah Sonic may have a chance.

I didn't notice Mario's "nya nya" when getting the cat suit <3

Oh Martinet, what will the world become when you're gone.

RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories. - Infinity Biscuit - 06-12-2013

I wouldn't shed a single tear if Snake didn't make it into SSB4, but since apparently the creator really wanted him in the franchise so I wouldn't be surprised if he's back.

Sonic is one I would seriously bet is back in here. He fit the feel of the franchise incredibly well and he's iconic enough vs Mario that I can see extra effort in securing him in the game. Sonic vs MegaMan vs Mario vs we need another third party classic IP just to finish this up it'd be so good

Man I plotted out a whole moveset down to each A button move for King Lolo/Queen Lala ever since right after Melee comes out. A girl can dream

(06-12-2013, 06:26 AM)Superfrequency Wrote: »If Jill Dozer is in Smash it will be the greatest day

YES

(06-12-2013, 06:07 AM)Superfrequency Wrote: »
Quote:Cosmo Wright ‏@cosmowright 9h

on june 12th, 2013, a strange man with blue nails entered our best buy. he played tww hd for 4 hrs, broke the game, left and never returned.

Godspeed Crying Eagle

Oh Cosmo

RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories. - Nopad - 06-12-2013

(06-12-2013, 06:26 AM)Superfrequency Wrote: »If Jill Dozer is in Smash it will be the greatest day

She was an assist trophy in Brawl. They're at least acknowledging her.

RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories. - Godbot - 06-12-2013

(06-12-2013, 03:54 AM)Superfrequency Wrote: »The only question is

WHERE

ARE

THE

BLUE

PIKMIN

On the cover of the box?

https://pikmin.wikia.com/wiki/Pikmin_3

And speaking of assist trophies, I wonder if any of those guys are getting into Smash Bros 4? There were some pretty cool characters, like Little Mac and Isaac from Golden Sun. Or the, um, Custom Robo from Custom Robo, but they change designs so much that they don't really have any one iconic character to use.

They could have Phoenix Wright, I guess. He got into MvC3, but I don't know if he's flashy enough for Super Smash Bros.. Not to mention I feel like the way he played in that game would be sort of redundant with the Wii Fit Instructor, since they'd both fight sort of incidentally/by accident.

(Disclaimer: Wii Fit Instructor is perfect)

RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories. - Romythered - 06-12-2013

(06-12-2013, 05:42 AM)Jacquerel Wrote: »Why wouldn't Sonic or Snake be in?
Snake's maybe on shaky ground but Sega are basically in bed with Nintendo at the moment

they're in bed with nintendo because nobody else will really have them since the genesis days

N-no? That's a pretty uninformed statement

RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories. - BRPXQZME - 06-12-2013

Snake was never even...

They’ve both had lots of...

Okay, I have like no idea where you were even going with that. [Image: xxR25Ho.png]

RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories. - TickTickTockTock - 06-12-2013

Oh man dem brawl previews

I just hope DeDeDe comes back, he was a perfect gigantic duck that throws Waddle Dees at people, and I honestly think he's the best representative of what makes SSB a great game: pseudo-joke characters with really out-there movesets that end up being really good anyway.
And of course if there's no Toon Link I'm gonna burn a Wii U in protest >:I

on the subject of Sony/Microsoft sniping, Sony's also got plenty of reason to anger people
(I have no desire to own an xbox or a playstation, so I'm just mad on principle because it's stupidly hypocritical)
In this video, which they made to call out how stupid the Microsoft account stuff is:

Read the fine print at 13 seconds
Access to online multiplayer requires a pay-per-month PSN account
/)-(\

Paying for multi isn't a shit move; it's the reason XBL was so much better from several standpoints than PSN.

That's not to say Sony isn't pulling shit moves; they are and I wish people would call them out on it and not call them amazing hero knight messiahs because they make fun of Microsoft's blunders just like we do wowwee. But this one isn't a bad thing, I think.

RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories. - weirdee - 06-12-2013

- five bucks a month
- only required for multiplayer gameplay
- doesn't block access to unrelated online content like xbox live's paygating does
- still offers all of the discounts, beta access, and free games like it did before
- no ads like xbox live (no wacky invasive kinect ads like xbone live)

even if it looks better next to the turdpile, it's not exactly something that's really infuriating

RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories. - TickTickTockTock - 06-12-2013

Oh, ok, that sounds much more reasonable
when we first saw the video, one of my friends immediately looked up the PS Plus subscription and cited a cost of $40 per month, which seemed really high but not beyond the reach of people who can stop you from playing popular multiplayer games if they want
I have no clue where he got the information from, so whatever

RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories. - Mehgamehn - 06-13-2013

I mean servers for online multiplayer ain't free, they gotta get that shit somewhere

Services rendered and all that

RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories. - Stij - 06-13-2013

Super Smash Thoughts:

I dig the cel-shaded style of the 3DS version (and it's practical too), but I wonder how well the game will play with the reduced framerate?

Villager looks surprisingly fun to play; like Olimar he seems like an unconventional attrition-based fighter

Megaman's primary attack is ranged! Don't think that's ever been done before. Kinda bummed that he can't copy other fighters' moves, though I dunno how that would work practically anyway

Man I didn't realize Sakurai was that young (or at least looks that young)

Curious as to how the 3DS/WiiU connectivity will work

Also while it isn't strictly new I love love love Rayman Legends' art style and music

RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories. - Not The Author - 06-13-2013

That five-a-month will probably suffice Sony for a while, since they probably already have stuff in place from PSN, and I doubt every PS4 owner will be signing up Day 1, but I wouldn't have been surprised if they'd gone for $10 or $15 instead.

I guess they figure multiplayer isn't always a huge concern for most people. World of Warcraft gets away with $15 because that's the whole point of it, to be this ongoing game/world/service/thing; Sony won't need to do as much work (since they're just hosting games rather than continuously making one), and they probably figure they'll have enough people (who want to multiplay online and don't find $5 objectionable) to keep everything running. It's also probably one of the ways they're trying to bolster revenue, which is sort of a concern what with massively overbudgeted titles and "disappointing" sales figures and such.

I'll probably get suckered into it if Destiny turns out to be good at all. For a second I was disappointed that it won't be per-console rather than per-user, but then I remembered data storage costs and realized that was dumb.

RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories. - Infrared - 06-13-2013

(06-12-2013, 09:56 PM)BRPXQZME Wrote: »[Image: xxR25Ho.png]

Requesting this to be an official emote.

RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories. - BRPXQZME - 06-13-2013

Sakurai is only 42! He got started later in time and earlier in life than most of the NES era “old guard”.

RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories. - weirdee - 06-13-2013

oh, i forgot to add

- one PS+ membership will pay for access for every user on the same console

GUESS WHO DOESN'T PLAY BY THOSE RULES

RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories. - Not The Author - 06-13-2013

Wait, what

But, but, that's stupid! From a business perspective and also from a perspective of them proving me wrong how dare they