Eagle Time
GOD JAMMER - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Cool Shit You Can Do (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Forum Adventures (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: GOD JAMMER (/showthread.php?tid=4088)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: GOD JAMMER - Ten11 - 12-30-2018

I cant think of anything symbolic. Im just going to put forward Audinas, i like it.

RE: GOD JAMMER - Kitet - 12-30-2018

Hmmmm. How about Rococo? It's an art thing and it kinda sounds like a snake rattle.

RE: GOD JAMMER - Seelcudoom - 12-30-2018

how about Ali? , as in the Ale part of Finale?

RE: GOD JAMMER - Arcanuse - 12-30-2018

Assuming their contracted name need not be the name they generally go by, Vas'anc for the contract, with their choice of what they wish to normally be referred to as.
If not, then Lomanasi.

RE: GOD JAMMER - CSJ - 12-30-2018

Mansa

e: Alternatively, ask if the God they were created in devotion towards still exists. If not, then it would be fitting to be named in their image.

We should also ask more about their memories and history.

RE: GOD JAMMER - Jacquerel - 12-30-2018

(12-30-2018, 04:36 AM)Kitet Wrote: »Hmmmm. How about Rococo? It's an art thing and it kinda sounds like a snake rattle.

I like this one

I feel like naming them for the deity painted on them who we never met would be a little creepy and maybe presumptuous

RE: GOD JAMMER - Solaris - 12-30-2018

Rococo is fun and sounds like something i would call a normal snake

im also tossing Whisp, Splash, and Colour as names i would like

RE: GOD JAMMER - FlanDab - 12-30-2018

From then on out, you shall be named Powder, and you shall bear this name with or without pride. It is yours to use.

I'm leaning into Powder or Ash. I'm also considering Textile and Thread. The first name I thought of was Swish.

RE: GOD JAMMER - gloomyMoron - 12-30-2018

How about Rococolour? Just Roco, for short.

RE: GOD JAMMER - Pharmacy - 12-30-2018

I like Rococo tbh. It is meaningful.

RE: GOD JAMMER - Dediles - 12-30-2018

Faith. that's what they seem to represent. might as well make it a name.

RE: GOD JAMMER - a52 - 12-31-2018

(12-30-2018, 04:34 AM)Ten11 Wrote: »I cant think of anything symbolic. Im just going to put forward Audinas, i like it.

Audinas sounds cool. Why not?

Rococo seems a bit too silly.

RE: GOD JAMMER - bloodsad - 12-31-2018

i'm going to suggest fuseli or lam, both the names of painters who painted a lot of weird god stuff

RE: GOD JAMMER - Gen - 01-01-2019

>Rococo
[Image: ChJ4Lf6.png]

You decide on the name Rococo, contracting this spirit's service to your domain. They will henceforth be formally referred to as Rococo, Spirit of Closure.

As your servant, you are able to DISCERN much more detailed information about them than before. Their SUIT refers to what classification of spirit they fall under, Rococo's is TOMES given to spirits who fall under spirits who oversee skills and knowledge. Their STATUS refers to their general state at the moment, Normal is the default state of a healthy being. Their ABILITIES refer to their inherent abilities:

FLIGHT refers to Rococo's ability to sail effortlessly through the air.

RUNEMAKING refers to Rococo's ability to make Song Runes using the ink they're able to produce from their body. These runes are sealed with the power of a Song and can be used to enchant items, place traps, or generally extend the effect of a Song as long as the rune remains intact.

Their SONGS are their library of Songs.

SWANSONG- is inherited from your songlist.
GALLERY PIECE- is a song which causes the target to suddenly be gripped by a strong emotion, this effect lasts a second till the sudden emotion passes.

Rococo's INVENTORY is limited to 2 items. Items that naturally stack like a blade and scabbard count as 1 item, two different items however count as 2.

=>
[Image: dadRm3W.png][Image: ardX6I2.png]

Your form seems to change as well! Your body flattens out into a thin shape with arms and legs! It appears your willpower along with what you've chosen to awaken has taken an influence on how your body forms! Using these hands instead of your wispy tendrils will make cleaning much easier.

Fin: It's nice having someone here who isn't trying to haggle me out of something.
Rococo: Pardon?
Fin: Oh it's nothing. I guess I'm curious though, who were you painted for? Do you know?
Rococo: But of course, it was Ash, Goddess of Pyres. I have been gathering dust for a long time since her passing, however it's hard to keep track of exactly how long.
Fin: Anything I should know about honoring her memory?
Rococo: She would want the graves outside cared for and the church kept clean. They are after all the treasured resting places of people long past.
Fin: Seems simple enough!

You have also gained a few new Songs yourself:

DIRECT- You are able to oversee and give commands to one of your followers no matter their distance, their eyes are yours. A follower can choose to ignore or go against a command depending on their personal feelings.
SILHOUETTE- You are able to move about as a shadow on the wall or floor.
UNAWAKEN- An awoken spirit under your control reverts back to their previous form. This freezes their status at the moment this song is cast upon them.
REAWAKEN- A spirit that was previously awoken by you can be re-awoken with no energy needed.

With your new follower, you've been given some new opportunities. What is your next course of action?

>_

RE: GOD JAMMER - Arcanuse - 01-01-2019

Hm. I had a feeling the painting would make for a decent manager, but we don't have much for them to manage at the moment...
>Would awakening the tombstones as-needed be fine? No particularly pressing issues we can't handle at the moment, but the assistance in protecting/maintaining the grounds would be useful.
>Ask if this building has/had an underground area. There appears to be a circular something on this floor that may lead below. Or given the opening, may have done so until some burglar stole the handle.

RE: GOD JAMMER - bloodsad - 01-01-2019

>use runemaking to set a trap at the front door of the church which makes confetti fall from the ceiling as a fun party trick

RE: GOD JAMMER - Ten11 - 01-01-2019

So, we have a few possible objectives. We need material to repair the boat and the spire, and we also need to be around when Wick eventually contacts us through the candle. We could also try leaving our realm, just a little, just to see what's around us. And we also still know very little about the world.
I'd like to address that last one first. Lets ask Rococo more about Ash. What did she do, as a god? How did she die?

RE: GOD JAMMER - Schazer - 01-01-2019

Where is the resting place of Ash? Any way we could ensure that could also be kept in good repair?

Rococo can sort out the debris in the church - they'd better know what bits and pieces kept preserved could serve to better tell Ash's story.

For a long-term goal, I think fixing the radio tower (and using it to gather and store news of people from beyond this realm who have died, that we might witness/record/mark it) would be worth our while. For now though we should finish tidying up.

RE: GOD JAMMER - Seelcudoom - 01-01-2019

>Do it to em

im so sorry

RE: GOD JAMMER - Solaris - 01-02-2019

lets do some cleaning together

RE: GOD JAMMER - Blue_Fox5 - 01-02-2019

>Awaken the Radio Tower

RE: GOD JAMMER - augmentalize - 01-02-2019

> Ask about Ash.

> DIRECT Rococo to tidy up in here while you do some more tidying on the outside.

RE: GOD JAMMER - Gen - 06-03-2019

>Lets ask Rococo more about Ash. What did she do, as a god? How did she die?
[Image: oPCHUm6.png]

Fin: I'd like to know more about Ash, what did she do while she was around? How did she pass?

=>
[Image: MErKwfz.png]

Rococo: She was a kind deity who found beauty in the short lives of humans. She performed funeral rites for those nearby and offered sanctuary when necessary. She had many who visited her at the church, even other deities. I do have to say though, that the deities who visited her appeared to do so less out of reverence and more to try and win her over to their cause. She was eternally committed to this church though and never left.
Fin: Till the very end right?
Rococo: I'd suppose so. I saw many mourners whilst hanging on the wall for her, but did not see her passing myself.

>Where is the resting place of Ash? Any way we could ensure that could also be kept in good repair?

Fin: Any idea where her final resting place would be?
Rococo: None, do deities even leave bodies behind?
Fin: Do they?
Rococo: I'd rather find out latter rather than sooner if you don't mind.

> DIRECT Rococo to tidy up in here while you do some more tidying on the outside.
>use runemaking to set a trap at the front door of the church which makes confetti fall from the ceiling as a fun party trick

[Image: 1RL4Yl8.png]

You decide to have Rococo check around outside for more things to tidy while securing a barrier. Not quite sure what else they could use as a Song to reproduce some party confetti, Rococo does their best to reproduce the effect of the confetti by creating a seal using their Gallery Piece Song to produce a feeling of surprise when crossing paths with it. The Rune seeps into the stonework innocuously after a few strokes.

Satisfied with this, Rococo weaves through the rest of the grounds plucking weeds and dusting off tombstones.

>Ask if this building has/had an underground area. There appears to be a circular something on this floor that may lead below. Or given the opening, may have done so until some burglar stole the handle.
[Image: FC5XsX8.png]

Darn, you forgot to ask about this thing. You explore the area thoroughly regardless and find that it appears to be an area stained by having something on top of it for a long time before being removed. At the very center is a hole that goes down down down into a mysterious darkness. A drain? It's hard to tell without further context.

Rococo passes by so you ask briefly.

Fin: Any idea of what's here?
Rococo: Oh that? That's been there for as long as I've been hanging there. Sometimes people throw coins down it and make a wish, but it seems to be a mystery from the Old World when this place was first built.

>_

RE: GOD JAMMER - Schazer - 06-03-2019

Stick your hand in it

RE: GOD JAMMER - Kitet - 06-03-2019

well clearly your next course of action should be to find a coin somewhere and throw it in the hole to see what happens!
make sure to check under the rug. maybe you'll find a key or something useful instead.