Eagle Time
This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Chat (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chatter (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff (/showthread.php?tid=51)

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - SeaWyrm - 12-31-2012

How is 2013?
I haven't been there yet. But I hear it's nice this time of year.

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - Phish - 12-31-2012

It's okay I guess
The flying cars are pretty cool

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - AgentBlue - 01-01-2013

And a happy new year to all of you toooooo

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - Infrared - 01-01-2013

Oh boy i am so glad this is finally over. Fireworks and Karaokes at max. volume all night long, eugh.

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - Plaid - 01-01-2013

One of the neighbours to the house I went to for New Years had Gangnam style on repeat for about an hour. :<

The fireworks were cool though; we walked up onto the roof of the nearby mall about... 4 stories up I think? And watched the huge fireworks in the park from there. The security guards apparently had the same idea as us and kindly let us stay till the fireworks were over. :>

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - Infrared - 01-01-2013

Those huge flashy fireworks are pretty cool. I was talking about the stupidly loud, illegal ones that do nothing but explode.

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - Plaid - 01-01-2013

Yeah okay those suck.

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - Infrared - 01-02-2013

Do you shoot fireworks for a living?

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - Sadgi - 01-02-2013

I think someone in the neighbourhood had fireworks

or they were shooting things with a shotgun

guess I'll never know

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - SeaWyrm - 01-02-2013

We did those poppers where you pull the string, which is like having tiny, dull fireworks that fit in the palm of your hand.
Then I stayed up all night talking about meaning and choices and open-endedness in computer roleplaying games.

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - Jacquerel - 01-02-2013

Everyone but me and my brother went to bed at like 11 because we were just visiting my grandma and we had a big dinner and nobody could really muster the energy to do anything, I didn't really mind though. Sitting around chatting with family is good enough for me.

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - Kitet - 01-02-2013

so the grocery store i go to has some goofy novelty soda in the soda section
called Leninade
it has communism jokes all over the bottle like
GET HAMMERED AND SICKLED
A TASTE WORTH STANDING IN LINE FOR

i just realized there's writing under the cap...
"Adults add vodka for a perfect COMMIE-KAZE"
AAAAARGH

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - Schazer - 01-02-2013

Oh man, that sounds like the Commando Bear drink you can find in supermarkets around here, taken to its logical extreme.

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - MaxieSatan - 01-03-2013

Oh man, I love DRINK DRINKS.

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - Nopad - 01-04-2013

haha we can go below absolute zero now lol sup haters

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - SeaWyrm - 01-05-2013

Dang, I wish I was a physicist so I could actually know what the heck is going on with that.
Quantum physics always makes me go "Wait, science guys, are you SURE you're doing this right?" But it's hard to engage critically from a position of extreme ignorance.

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - AgentBlue - 01-05-2013

In captain dummy-talk:

The definition of 'temperature' involves the probability distribution of energetic atoms to follow a bell-curve, with the 'temperature' being the mean on this curve.

But if you flip a the bell curve across the middle so that the high bits are all at the edge and the low bits are in the middle, you get the same mean temperature but mathematically it works out to be a negative absolute temperature instead!

So what they did was create conditions with lasers that made it easier for these atoms to stay in this reverse-bell curve probability distribution as opposed to falling back into the standard bell-curve as defined by physics!

The reason why we have this odd 'negative kelvin' problem is that, well, when Kelvin set this system up quantum mechanics didn't exist yet. Man believed the sun was made of coal, for goodness sakes.

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - Sadgi - 01-05-2013

Wait, so the sun ISN'T made of coal???

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - Kitet - 01-05-2013

guys i just noticed
there's a random bit of text along the back seam of this bag of popcorn i finished off
"All any girl ever wants in life is graceful acceptance of her 5th grade haircut."

okay that's nice but what does that have to do with popcorn

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - Dragon Fogel - 01-05-2013

Come on now, stop being silly you guys.

Everyone knows the sun is made out of magic.

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - Nopad - 01-05-2013

i mean it has like carbon in it in the future after it explodes
anyway, in girls und panzer news, the show namedrops World of Tanks
like, there's a tank team that is interested in tanks because of World of Tanks
they only meet each other IRL when they join the tank squad even though they go to the same school?

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - Infrared - 01-05-2013

Did you know, there was a Russian dog called Laika that wanted to destroy the sun?

Here's a dramatization:

[Image: asjhb.png]

She killed the rabbit on the moon first.

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - MaxieSatan - 01-05-2013

I thought the sun was nuclear bombs, and sunspots were actually mushroom clouds.

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - Jacquerel - 01-11-2013

Ah have they finally made that video public?
Edit: No

I swear for about a month I've seen people advertising the fact that they've filmed a giant squid and are going to display it at this timeslot on TV
please just show me the squid

RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - Mehgamehn - 01-11-2013

They haven't released it yet because they've been to embarrassed to admit that they thought it was a giant squid because of how small a fish near it was, but then they found out that they instead discovered the world's smallest fish