Eagle Time
A LANDFILL - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: BAWK BAWK (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+---- Forum: Hawkspace (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+---- Thread: A LANDFILL (/showthread.php?tid=861)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: SUBFORUM IDEAS TOPIC - seedy - 10-21-2014

Wheat, I apologize if I used some bad turns of phrase that made my meaning unclear (since I feel that's what I did in regards to the 'talking about issues that are not yours business.')

(spoilered for long)
SpoilerShow

In conclusion: if people are saying that you are hurting them does it really matter if they sometimes express it using words from an internet culture you have a grudge against. what should matter is that there is an interpersonal problem. treating them as evil cops in some weird online dystopia so you can ignore their feelings and act like they're only mad because you've Violated The Rules is unfair and bad debating

RE: SUBFORUM IDEAS TOPIC - Loather - 10-21-2014

hey

[Image: C39p4hO.jpg]

[Image: b7naqwi.jpg]

[Image: xQxSYuZ.jpg]

welcome to eggletime

[Image: 61PR7RR.gif]

RE: SUBFORUM IDEAS TOPIC - piester - 10-21-2014

IDEA #4: replace all swears with youngster-appropriate gibber-gabber via a filter, to boost hawkspace marketability to the family entertainment market.

RE: SUBFORUM IDEAS TOPIC - ICan'tGiveCredit - 10-21-2014

IDEA #25 Skewer piester and sell his remains to the family entertainment market. I guarantee you, they will be entertained.

(10-21-2014, 10:38 PM)piester Wrote: »IDEA #4: replace all swears with youngster-appropriate gibber-gabber via a filter, to boost hawkspace marketability to the family entertainment market.
(10-21-2014, 10:52 PM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »IDEA #25 Skewer piester and sell his remains to the family entertainment market. I guarantee you, they will be entertained.

sometimes the truth is in the middle......

i learned that from south park

RE: SUBFORUM IDEAS TOPIC - Schazer - 10-21-2014

More like central park

sometimes the park is in the middle

RE: SUBFORUM IDEAS TOPIC - Gnauga - 10-21-2014

more like central perk

south park is a terrible show

RE: SUBFORUM IDEAS TOPIC - SeaWyrm - 10-22-2014

Idea #256: Why does nobody ever actually vote on anything in here.

RE: SUBFORUM IDEAS TOPIC - piester - 10-22-2014

Okay okay okay, as much as I like being skewered, I do have an actual serious idea!

IDEA 5: for ease of reference, there should be a kept log of all decisions that are made by the hawker-gawkers, which would also contain a small list of whatever rules (if any) form.

edit: wait shite there is a rules-list. first part still stands up though i think.

RE: SUBFORUM IDEAS TOPIC - SeaWyrm - 10-22-2014

Vote IDEA 5

RE: SUBFORUM IDEAS TOPIC - Gatr - 10-22-2014

(10-22-2014, 10:23 PM)Garuru Wrote: »i guess but my gripe was more with the format of hawkspace allowing people to post meaningless stuff in threads that maybe should have meaning or was initially suggested to have meaning? i don't know, i think what i really want is a middle ground between general chat, where meaningful posts are nonverbally required, and hawkspace, where you can just post whatever. like maybe i want to post about idk my cats and shit (i dont own any) in general chat but its kind of weirdly stagnant over there, and there are only a few threads consistently topping over there, and they have general topics, so i kind of feel discouraged from making new threads for really small meaningless stuff. on the other hand, if for example i were to make a thread like seawyrm's and have some minimal rules, then i'd like if people played along and didnt shitpost absolutely meaningless posts on my thread.

basically it would be cool if posts in a thread actually related to that thread and otherwise individual threads could be about anything. this is obviously not related to the thread at all so im being totally hypocritical but who cares. maybe ill crosspost it into idk subforum ideas? we chat about stuff?

crossposted from y w thread.

IDEA #6: If an individual thread requests any semblance of rules, then maybe truly contentless shitposting should not be encouraged? maybe the rules should actually be followed out of respect for the OP. even if theyre rules like "post a picture of mountain dew in every post". otherwise we just get chaos.

that sounds like general chat to me but the issue ive mentioned about unspoken quality of threads exists there.

RE: SUBFORUM IDEAS TOPIC - Palamedes - 10-22-2014

Wow I missed a lot didn't I.

(Not going to actually read all of this new stuff but sure I support ideas on this page so Yes on 5 and 6.)

Also to be honest I really want to make a thread now where you have to post a picture of mountain dew in every post but I think I'll be able to restrain myself.

RE: SUBFORUM IDEAS TOPIC - Robust Laser - 10-22-2014

I will vote Yes on 6 because in a lawless land one must MAKE THEIR OWN RULES and then tell other people to obey them.

RE: SUBFORUM IDEAS TOPIC - Sai - 10-23-2014

What if whoever made a thread was the despot of that thread. They could set down rules for their thread, ban people from posting in their thread, even promote underlings to help moderate their thread.

It'd be like Rule 6, but with teeth.

If you don't like that thread's rules, you can make your own competing thread.

RE: SUBFORUM IDEAS TOPIC - Sai - 10-27-2014

Can the forum afford thread-makers those kinds of powers, though?

RE: SUBFORUM IDEAS TOPIC - Dalmationer - 10-27-2014

new regulatory typing curfew; Only words with y, w allowed within.

RE: SUBFORUM IDEAS TOPIC - SeaWyrm - 10-27-2014

Undoubtedly wise!

RE: SUBFORUM IDEAS TOPIC - piester - 10-29-2014

the default font on this sub forum should be comic sans or alternatively wingdings. Who's with me?

RE: SUBFORUM IDEAS TOPIC - ICan'tGiveCredit - 10-29-2014

No, the wingdings font has to be written like Chiller because we are present during a particularly spoopy time of year!

RE: SUBFORUM IDEAS TOPIC - OrangeAipom - 10-30-2014

(10-14-2014, 12:56 AM)Wheat Wrote: »hawkishly