Eagle Time
GOD JAMMER - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Cool Shit You Can Do (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Forum Adventures (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: GOD JAMMER (/showthread.php?tid=4088)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: GOD JAMMER - Ten11 - 12-24-2018

Ask her to give you a quick rundown, nothing special, on just the entire cosmology of this world and its inhabitants, if she doesnt mind.

RE: GOD JAMMER - Arcanuse - 12-24-2018

>Awaken harp. If the harp-spirit wants to leave, can't really stop it. But if it does want to stick around, that would be mighty helpful.

RE: GOD JAMMER - Numbers - 12-24-2018

> Do not awaken the harp guys learn some self control.

RE: GOD JAMMER - smuchmuch - 12-24-2018

(I feel using awaken sorts of run contrary to our very nature. As god of closure and endings, if anything we should be putting spirits to rest.
As is our apparent love for oderliness and fixing things ,. Given our fairly fatalistic nature of ending, you'd think we'd be more into the eventual decay and eventual return to dust of all things.)

>Let her take the harp.

I can not think of any reason not to. We don' know anything about thi instrument. If it's really 'ours'. It seems if anything it belonged to this "Pyre" godess, perhaps.

RE: GOD JAMMER - Arcanuse - 12-25-2018

(I dunno.
Technically, we aren't the god of endings, just closure.
If we want to focus on the fatalistic side of things, then that is a thing we can do.
But we aren't particularly obligated to do so.
Our domain, closure, can be fulfilled in other, more helpful ways.
Arguments, Feuds, Wars, when it comes to closure we aren't lacking in options.
And when we bring closure to the horrors of today, would we not bring about a more hopeful tomorrow?
We could try do these things on our own, but if we awoke a spirit to aid us I don't believe it would be against our nature.)

RE: GOD JAMMER - Gen - 12-25-2018

Don't sweat too much if awakening is thematically relevant to Fin, it's there because I want to design fun spirits, and for reasons that wont be clear till you do it.

RE: GOD JAMMER - Ten11 - 12-25-2018

Closure, to me, is about things being resolved and not having loose ends or being unfinished. Death can be an event of closure, but it can just as easily rob someone of closure if sudden or unexpected.

RE: GOD JAMMER - smuchmuch - 12-25-2018

(12-25-2018, 12:36 AM)Arcanuse Wrote: »(I dunno.
Technically, we aren't the god of endings, just closure.

Well, still ..kinda?
True, 'closure' is a more complex concept that just an ending, it's about, best i could define, reaching a sense of satisfaying finality. Encompassing comming to terms with something, be it a tragedy of sorts or something unresolved and often painfull or shamefull, resolving unfinished buisness eventualy and, idealy, moving on. But the idea of things ending and acceptance of that are quite essential to it.

(Also y'know, the very notion of 'the end' is in our very name. 'Fin')

Mosty, Closure such a general and yet personal concept (I mean closure is something people atain in regards to something, sometime in very varied ordifferent ways), that I am fairly curioushow one goes around being the god of that. I suppose we'll see as things devellop.

RE: GOD JAMMER - augmentalize - 12-28-2018

> Let Trick take the harp, but also write a letter to the God of Lanterns. Become PEN PALS. Oh! Maybe Trick wants to be PEN PALS too! Ask.

RE: GOD JAMMER - Gen - 12-28-2018

>Give Harp
>Ask for more information about the world

[Image: MUYBSQD.png][Image: RuJDgVD.png]

Fin: I guess it'd be fine to give the Harp to Wick then. Could you tell us more about this world though? We just woke up and now we're making deals with other Gods. Its confusing!
Trick: Thanks! And uh... Truth be told, my sister is way better at that sort of teaching stuff, and actually remembers all the things we had to study back at the college. Next time someone comes by to check on things down here I'll ask her to drop by so she can tell you all that boring stuff.
Fin: I guess that's fair...
Trick: Oh yeah, and one last thing. Mind turning something into a place that'd hold a flame?
Fin: Sure?

>SCULPT: Fire bowl
[Image: CbfW9V2.png]

Fin turns the pedestal in the center of the room into a stone bowl and Trick opens her lantern, letting a stream of flames swirl through the air before landing in the bowl, creating an orange flame that burns evenly without any fuel seemingly.

Trick: This flame will protect this building, warding off hungry spirits, and eating hostile Songs. It's also a nifty way to communicate with Wick, but uh... wait for him to contact you first so I have a chance to explain to him the situation. He might even have some advice from one deity to another also.
Fin: Thanks! Hopefully he can help with all this God stuff.
Trick: One thing I can say though is uh... Make sure you get some followers to help protect you and run errands soon. This place is pretty dead but I've seen Wick awaken spirits from junk he had laying around. You should do that!
Fin: I'm trying! But it's such a hard decision! I can only do it so much and there are so many options!
Trick: That's fair, just remember that since you're so weak now you probably can't leave this place on your own. There's a whole world out there though!
Fin: I'll try and figure something out then...

=>
[Image: 05RpCvs.png]

With that, Trick says bids you fairwell and leaves out the front gate with the Harp wrapped up in a cloth. You're left feeling pretty weird about the exchange, but besides being weird she seemed awfully nice. Well, time to get back to business you suppose. You consider her advice while thinking up the next step.

What next? >_

SpoilerShow

RE: GOD JAMMER - Arcanuse - 12-28-2018

Hm. Without the Harp-spirit, not feeling as confident about dealing with the tree.
Wreckage outside seems promising, but would prefer to get it patched up first.
>So, Awaken the first-floor painting. I've a good feeling that spirit would be helpful for organizing other spirits.

RE: GOD JAMMER - Ten11 - 12-28-2018

Check the top of the building, theres some kind of structure there.

RE: GOD JAMMER - Kitet - 12-28-2018

Hmmmmmmmm... yeah, awaken the painting. It seems like a good spirit, and you need someone to look after the entrance to the special second floor of the place.

RE: GOD JAMMER - Gen - 12-28-2018

>Check the top of the building, theres some kind of structure there.
[Image: WiIzZAn.png]

You remember you wanted to check the structure on the roof! You DISCERN the tower up there and find it's some sort of Obelisk used for communication. You wonder if like Wick's flame, it'd allow you to contact anyone else from here. It's missing parts though and may need more material like the Engine out front. This however is not an already awakened spirit and can still be awakened.

The spirit within feels meticulous and calculating.

>_

SpoilerShow

RE: GOD JAMMER - Schazer - 12-28-2018

I vote to AWAKEN either the front doors of the building, or the front gates to your little domain.

I'm not sure if being a god of closure means extra powers over "things that are closed" but there's no harm in it right?

RE: GOD JAMMER - Sunspider - 12-28-2018

(12-28-2018, 05:25 AM)Schazer Wrote: »I vote to AWAKEN either the front doors of the building, or the front gates to your little domain.

Seconding this, though probably best to leave the doors to the building intact. AWAKEN the battered metal gate on the edge of your domain. As god of closure, it feels right that your first Follower should be a gate.

RE: GOD JAMMER - Ten11 - 12-28-2018

I like the idea of awakening one of the entrances, but idk about the gate. It seems kind of broken, delapidated, decaying. I don't think it would make a very good spirit.
I much rather prefer the door to the building.

RE: GOD JAMMER - FlanDab - 12-28-2018

>Awaken the Obelisk.

RE: GOD JAMMER - Seelcudoom - 12-28-2018

i vote we awaken the painting, it seems both benevolent and devoted, both very good traits, plus when our holy text is eventually written down im sure our first act of godhood to involve iconography of a long dead religion would be both thematically appropriate and inspire more awe then the pun about doors closing

plus if there are any followers of the god left it might help smooth them into converts of us

RE: GOD JAMMER - CSJ - 12-28-2018

>Awaken the painting; its strength of spirit will make it more valuable as a follower than a door. Besides, who could possibly benefit more from Closure than the deceased?

RE: GOD JAMMER - augmentalize - 12-28-2018

Agree!

> AWAKEN that painting.

The obelisk might be a good second, though! 'Meticulous' might be something we need later, but I don't think 'calculating' is something we need now.

RE: GOD JAMMER - a52 - 12-28-2018

I'd prefer one of the doors, but the painting is good too if that's what we're going for

RE: GOD JAMMER - Arcanuse - 12-28-2018

Still voting for painting, but the Doors do seem a decent pick.
Perhaps for second + third awakening (Perhaps awaken both at the same time?), a pair of door pals to keep the entrance secure?

RE: GOD JAMMER - Jacquerel - 12-30-2018

I like the front gate idea, personally

RE: GOD JAMMER - Gen - 12-30-2018

>The Painting
[Image: 8pimqqh.png]

You briefly consider the gates and the front doors to this church, but decide to put those ideas on the backburner for now in favor of the painting on the first floor. Its beauty is alluring after all. You use your song AWAKEN on the painting, causing the spirit inside to resonate with your energy. The frame rattles against the wall as the whole painting shakes and kicks around, then with a burst of energy it pops off its hook and falls to the ground, its form twisting and reforming till it emerges into a new form.

=>
[Image: MUYBSQD.png][Image: ardX6I2.png]

It turns into a CANVAS CONSTRICTOR, a spirit born from paintings, drawing their power from the time and attentiveness given their creation. The spirit snakes through the air weightlessly and speaks in a whispering voice.

???: Resounding God, blessings upon you. Is it you who has called for me as I slumber in this gallery?
Fin: Yes! You're the first spirit I've awaken actually, I am Fin, God of Closure.
???: How exciting! It is strange however that I have been painted with devotion to another God, her form emblazoned upon my chest.
Fin: Will that be a problem if I were to ask you to serve me?
???: Act with respect to her memory and I will find no fault in serving the new steward of her temple. What is my name God of Closure?

The name you give this spirit will be a contract binding them to your service. If this name is discarded, so is the contract.

What is their name? >_