Eagle Time
Firmament - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Cool Shit You Can Do (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Forum Adventures (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Firmament (/showthread.php?tid=2791)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Firmament - Myeth - 01-15-2018

>come back :(

RE: Firmament - kilozombie - 01-15-2018

[Image: AT8IKYe.png] take  into  us  cerulean
ᵖˡᵉᵃˢᵉ

RE: Firmament - SeaWyrm - 01-15-2018

>Do understand and take to heart the terrible effects of your actions. Do not repeat them. Feel grief and extreme remorse.
>Also, do acknowledge that you have a complicated relationship with the concept of "eating" and that trying to pretend otherwise, and to ignore the urges you feel, would be a mistake. You can't just bury this stuff, no matter how horrified you might be right now. It happened and it's a part of you. You've got to sort that out.
>...but there was something you wanted, and you didn't get it, and maybe it's not that thing that was bad. Maybe it was just your methods that were wrong. Maybe there's a better way to get that thing, whether you want to call it "true eating" or not.
>Also, resolve firmly to never let yourself ever ever hurt anyone ever again ever.

RE: Firmament - BananaPanda - 01-15-2018

Cry, definitely cry.

RE: Firmament - FlanDab - 01-15-2018

>Did that just happen?
>Bawl. Cry. Bray. Shout into the void.
>I didn't want this to happen, nor did I anticipate it.
>Can we make a gravestone or perhaps just a plaque for Cerulean.

RE: Firmament - Myeth - 01-15-2018

>Cerulean isnt comin' back, cus we were mean and confused and monched him when he asked us not to.
>never monch on others again! Say sorry to cerulean, even if that sorry won't do anything, and go into the cafe. That was a terrible start, a horrible start. There is no appetite anymore.

RE: Firmament - Reyweld - 01-15-2018

>fly into the portal/vortex thing as penance

RE: Firmament - Justice Watch - 01-15-2018

Go incarnate. The time spent living will help you avoid making a bad situation worse.

RE: Firmament - Fellow - 01-15-2018

>Uneat Cerulean

RE: Firmament - Sunspider - 01-18-2018

(01-15-2018, 08:15 PM)Fellow Wrote: »>Uneat Cerulean
(01-15-2018, 06:19 AM)kilozombie Wrote: »>Try and absorb the dust, desperate for the fleeting memories you found when biting Cerulean.
(01-15-2018, 06:24 AM)Arcanuse Wrote: »>Grab dust in of the mouth.
>As much as of the can.
>Can't fix, can't help.
>Can't bring of the back.
>But maybe, maybe the purple rift can make newness.
>Pour the pieces into body, make newness soul.
>Likely not, but is where they wanted to be of going.

You hesitate for a moment, wondering if you can gather the remains of Cerulean. If anything of the Blue Soul's memories remain, couldn't you take them into yourself, the way you took their memories? Or, you could even just to carry their dust to the Rift, and send them through. Maybe they can Reincarnate still? That's what they wanted, right?

Surely, you can fix this. You can make this all better... right?

(01-15-2018, 01:00 PM)Myeth Wrote: »>Cerulean isnt comin' back

...no. Of course you can't.

You can't even see the cloud that became of them anymore, let alone gather it up. It's as impossible as catching hold of a ray of light. They're gone. Well, and truly gone.

(01-15-2018, 06:24 AM)Arcanuse Wrote: »>Remove friendship point.

[Image: na.png]

(01-15-2018, 06:01 AM)spümpkin Wrote: »eat yourself out of guilt
(01-15-2018, 05:58 AM)Vic Wrote: »> feel remorse, regret, and shame
(01-15-2018, 05:53 AM)kilozombie Wrote: »>Feel horrible forever.
>Never eat again, even if you get a stomach.

You loop back around yourself, and bite onto your tail again. Of course, you can't eat that either. And you're not sure you even want to eat anything, anymore? Still, something about this coiled-up position brings you comfort. It's like you're wrapping up around a hollow pit that just opened up inside you. Closing it off, to keep that hollowness from taking the rest of you...

[Image: tail.png]

Why do you feel so sick inside, now? Everything feels wrong. You feel wrong. Is it because you forgot your Manners? Because you neglected Friendship? Is it because you tried to Eat, and you... did it wrong?

(01-15-2018, 07:47 AM)Wheat Wrote: »now we have learned the most basic lesson, that if you kill things, you forever rob them of the one most vital right all things have - the right to exist - and in exchange, that knowledge will stick with us forever, like a black mark that cannot be scrubbed out.

And does that really even matter? Whyever and however you did it... it's still because of what you did that something Very Wrong happened. Your actions unmade a thing. And you can't remake it. It took away something which you can't ever give back. There is no more Blue Soul named Cerulean Cross. There will be no more lives lived, by a being housing that Soul. And there never will be.

???: Aha! I thought I heard voices out here.

Just you, though?

[Image: peek.png]

You hear a voice, from the direction of the Cafe entrance. Peeking through doorway, you see an differently-shaped Blue-Green Soul.

They call out again.

Blue-Green Soul: I mean, there's no shame in talking to yourself, o'course. I do it all the time. It's just been slow here, lately. Was hoping you'd brought a friend!
Pained Silence Wrote:...

Blue-Green Soul: Anyway, if you don't mind my saying, you've got wonderful coloration! I like the Aspect you're wearing, too. Very clever.

You're the Ouroborus, right? Snake-eating-it's-own-tail? Symbol of the eternal, unbreakable cycle of death and rebirth?

More Pained Silence Wrote:...

Blue-Green Soul: You know...

Pretty as the Rift-light, and all these twinkling Souls are? It's even nicer inside this here Café. And I don't say that just 'cause I made the place. Got a Jukebox can play songs I guarantee you've never heard before. Plus, I just made this fresh batch of Forbidden Fruit Panopticakes! Though don't worry about the name none, you're allowed to eat 'em.

So, how'd you like to grab a quick bite of...

(01-15-2018, 08:26 AM)BananaPanda Wrote: »Cry, definitely cry.

[Image: cry.png]

Blue-Green Soul: Well I'll be... never seen somebody get so dang sad about food before. Chowing down on comfort food 'cause they're feeling glum? Sure, sure. But what's all this, then?

Come on into the Café. Sit a spell. Dry that eye. You can tell old Viridian what's eating you.

[Image: bawl.png]

Viridian: Woah there... was it something I said? I didn't mean any harm, dear! I only meant to help.

Anyway, whatever's wrong... just let it all out. We'll get things sorted soon enough, I promise. In the meantime, how's about I go brew some Green Tea for you? That always helps me, when I'm feeling down. And before you worry, it's on the house. Just come in out of the void, will you? You know... whenever you're ready.

With that, the Soul with a Teardrop Sigil disappears quietly into the Cafe.

You're alone in the void, again. Alone with your feelings and thoughts. Alone, with the hole of grief and guilt you carry inside you. You're not sure if "Green Tea" is a thing that can really make this all better. So... what else can you do about these feelings? How can you fill up this hole?

(01-15-2018, 08:17 AM)SeaWyrm Wrote: »resolve firmly to never let yourself ever ever hurt anyone ever again ever.

Perhaps... that's right. Resolve. Making a choice, about something important. And sticking to it... living by that choice, from now on forward.

You do that now, here, in front of this little green Cafe. Surrounded by the lights of a hundred different souls. Witnessed by the yawning Rift between Death and Life. You find your Resolve, and you make a Choice.

[Image: resolve.png]

Never again will you cause a being to be hurt or destroyed like this. Not by the actions you take, nor by the actions you fail to take. Not by sitting back, and allowing someone else to hurt them either. You'll do whatever it takes, so that you never have to feel this way. So that no one ever has to feel this way. Never again.

RE: Firmament - kilozombie - 01-18-2018

>Green tea sounds nice. You'd... maybe like something to drink.
>That's not like eating. It can't hurt anyone, except maybe if they're a liquid.

>Subconsciously keep an emotional distance from Viridian. You can't stop thinking about how quickly friendship can go away if you screw up again.

>But you won't screw up again.

>...but what if you do?

RE: Firmament - ☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ - 01-18-2018

tell viridian the whole sadness, in broken english while sobbing like the infant you are. this is basically of mice & men

RE: Firmament - kilozombie - 01-18-2018

did  it  bad
bad  eat
want     do  better

RE: Firmament - Arcanuse - 01-18-2018

SpoilerShow

>Perhaps... Perhaps it is time to of think.
>Much to be considerating, of what we have of done.
>And how to be of the going abouts new resolve.

RE: Firmament - FlanDab - 01-18-2018

>Come in cafe.
>Feel better.
>"...do colors have relevance here other than a way to distinguish one from another?"

RE: Firmament - gloomyMoron - 01-18-2018

> Can't eat. Can think.
> Think better with other to talk with.
> Enter the cafe.
> Names many. Patches. Pastel Circle. Rainbow Dot. Friend. Devourer. Others. You are... Viridian Tear?

RE: Firmament - SeaWyrm - 01-18-2018

>Peek in through the window.

RE: Firmament - Myeth - 01-18-2018

>friend???
>friend
>ily

RE: Firmament - Reyweld - 01-18-2018

>Fly away, you can't risk hurting the friendly tavernkeeper or their establishment.

RE: Firmament - Sunspider - 04-02-2018

[Image: window.png]

Having calmed down a bit, find yourself in front of Viridian's Cafe. You drift near the openings leading inside, still full of uncertainty.

(01-18-2018, 05:13 AM)☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ Wrote: »tell viridian the whole sadness, in broken english while sobbing like the infant you are. this is basically of mice & men

Part of you wants to go in, and tell them everything that happened. That you bit a Soul who was your friend apart, and made them turn into dust. That you feel sick and bad about that, and never want to do it again...

(01-18-2018, 03:50 PM)Myeth Wrote: »>friend???
(01-18-2018, 05:09 AM)kilozombie Wrote: »>Subconsciously keep an emotional distance from Viridian. You can't stop thinking about how quickly friendship can go away if you screw up again.

>But you won't screw up again.

>...but what if you do?

...but you also want to have a friend. If Viridian knew what you did to your last friend, would they still want to be nice to you? Or would they just be afraid of you... or even try to hurt you back?

(01-18-2018, 07:57 AM)SeaWyrm Wrote: »>Peek in through the window.

Still feeling uneasy, you take a tentative peek in through the window.

[Image: panopticake.png]

On the far wall, you see a picture, and symbols by it. The lines look rough and scratchy, like they were drawn hastily. The symbols feel like they are saying something, but you can't hear what they're saying.

It is a strange feeling.

You do, however, hear a distant clattering sound. It's coming from somewhere you can't see from this angle. You also hear a familiar voice.

Viridian: ...I don't know what they been through, but they're awful sensitive. So, if you and your friends want to keep coming here after your LARPs, or whatever the proper pluralization of that happens to be, I fully expect you two to be on your best behavior.

Am I quite understood?

???: Yeah, no. We won't cause any trouble. Oh, and Wisteria's nodding too. In case you can't see.

Viridian: Glad to hear it. And no asking impolite questions about their looks either. I'll handle the talk. I want them to feel comfortable here in Limbo. Stars know if I set you loose, newcomer's liable to feel like they're being interrogated!

???: That's fine. We don't need to get involved in your pet projects any...

Huh? What is it, Wist?

The voices pause. Soon, you hear a squeaking, scraping sound. You remember it. It's the sound made when a "stool" scoots across the floor. You don't know what a "stool" is, but you know this. It feels familiar somehow.

Another strange feeling.

Curious to see what's going on, you shift your position to get a better view of the room. As you do, you see two unfamiliar Souls, looking directly at you. They are silent. The clattering sound continues from the opening behind them.

[Image: cafe.png]

???: Uh, hey, Viridian? Would this soul happen to be... sorta pearly? Kinda basic Snake Aspect going on?

Viridian: That's the one, yes. And Carmine dear? Once they come in? I'd kindly ask you to keep any questions about their odd color or Sigil to yourself.

Carmine: Well... might be too late for that. They're kinda eavesdropping at the window, like a total creeper.

Viridian: What did you say?!?

[Image: loiter.png]

At Viridian's angry shout, you recoil from the window. You hear raised voices inside, but can't make out the words anymore. Are they mad at you? Did you do another bad thing? Your non-existent heart drops into your non-existent stomach.

(01-18-2018, 05:32 AM)Arcanuse Wrote: »>Perhaps... Perhaps it is time to of think.
>Much to be considerating, of what we have of done.
>And how to be of the going abouts new resolve.

You don't know what's happening, and think back for a moment. Didn't you resolve to do better? To never hurt another Soul again? You don't want to hurt anyone, or make them angry. But you didn't want to hurt Cerulean either. And you did anyway. It didn't feel like you could harm them. Or... maybe some parts of you did feel that? But those parts didn't think anything bad would happen. They were just curious... or were they angry? Did parts of you secretly want to hurt your friend?

You feel scared. It's so hard to sort your thoughts. So hard to know things, when you don't really remember how to... how to Be. It's like your head is full of voices. So many of them. Each of them tells you to do different things. Opposite things, sometimes. It's hard to know which ones are good, and which are bad. And how can you be better, if you don't even know what good is? What if another bad thought gets Too Loud again, and you make a mistake?

Can you even trust yourself?

(01-18-2018, 05:16 PM)Reyweld Wrote: »>Fly away, you can't risk hurting the friendly tavernkeeper or their establishment.

[Image: away.png]

No... you can't. You can't risk hurting someone again, or doing something wrong without knowing. Not yet, at least. Not until you know how to be better. Not until you know how to Be.

You hurry away from the Cafe, flying off into the Void as swiftly as you can. But... where will you go?

RE: Firmament - a52 - 04-02-2018

back to the tavern. you can't be alone. you couldn't bear it. even more so than you couldn't bear not being alone.

RE: Firmament - Arcanuse - 04-02-2018

go to the purple
cant hurt again when incarnate
not as permanent anyways

RE: Firmament - wiltingMyosotis - 04-02-2018

> Let's just reincarnate.

RE: Firmament - UnassumingCephalopod - 04-02-2018

Reincarnating is a whole other situation, one you may not be ready for until you have this Be-ing thing down.
To figure out how to Be, you've got to find out who you are. Other people tend to help you do that.
Go back to the cafe, and leave again only if you feel some kind of urge to eat (or otherwise harm) the beings inside.
After all, it took you a long time to turn those urges into action before. You can see it coming and leave before you hurt anyone.

RE: Firmament - awkwardcarapace - 04-02-2018

> Go back to the cavern and try re-introducing (and re-branding) yourself to the purple!