Eagle Time
Four. - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Adventures and Games (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+---- Forum: Forum Adventures (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Four. (/showthread.php?tid=2438)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Four. - Tuesbirdy - 07-10-2017

(07-09-2017, 04:12 AM)Arcanuse Wrote: »>Hm. Seems our connection got a tad fuzzy there.
>Let me check what we have in stock.
SpoilerShow

You unleashed the HONKIT!
Oh god why.

[Image: honkit.png?raw=true]
HONKIT (Enemy)
This disembodied clown head monstrosity is roaming loose somewhere in the In-Between.
Aubrey wonders what the [BLEEP] Barnabas' problem is, releasing something like that.
Seriously!

(07-09-2017, 04:50 AM)NotABear Wrote: »" Individually, our ideas are strong. Combined, our ideas will be unstoppable. But yes, testing will be required. Never go into the field with untested equipment. If you must, find a convenient time to test it as soon as possible. If necessary, we can attempt to deploy some target drones to your location. "

SpoilerShow

(07-09-2017, 05:03 AM)wiltingMyosotis Wrote: »Internal letter adressed in reply to the letter of the Not-A-Bear.

I think I find ourselves in favor of deplpoying them! However, I feel as if maybe deploying items may be the cause of the brief static in Audrey's words. Perhaps we should lay low for a while? In any case, it would still be favorable to have decoys.

SpoilerShow

(07-09-2017, 05:32 AM)Arcanuse Wrote: »I also agree to the action figures. Should be nice, safe target practice.

Plus, agreeing on one thing should let us see what happens when, well. we agree.

(07-09-2017, 09:49 AM)Kowlb Wrote: »Let's light up some toys.

(07-09-2017, 10:55 AM)Lordlyhour Wrote: »The management agrees that ACTION FIGURE BLOOD SHALL FLOW All new Merchandise should be thoroughly vetted before being released to the public. It would be HilariousTerrible if something should happen to our consumers or, indeed, The AUBREY our Dear Patron when we'd be blamed for it

You created the TIER 0 ACTION FIGURE!
Your consensus produces a new item!
The In-Between s̞͈͕̦̠̤h̼͇̹̣̬u̦d̛̞̻̩͍d̮̹̱͈̮̘ͅe̢̻̣r͖̺̥̱̕s͓̮̬̜͇̻̀ͅ from the force of your unified WILL.

[Image: training_dummy_crop.gif?raw=true]

TIER 0 ACTION FIGURE (Prop)
The Tier 0 Action Figure is a Council-standard training dummy for combat newbies.
This life-sized dummy is inanimate, but durable enough to survive a training session with beginning adventurers.
Some people think they're cute, in an unsettling sort of way.

(07-09-2017, 06:42 AM)typeandkey Wrote: »>Fire out in random directions with reckless abandon. Set the world on fire.

[Image: ada_no.png?raw=true]

Ada refuses. Defending Aubrey is her purpose; actions which might endanger her go against her principles.

AUBREY
"Is evę͇̣͍ͅr̹y̺̼̭͖ͅṱ̥̳͚̠͢h̤͖̰̰̘̀i҉n̗̝͕̳͙̺g̢̯̦͈ you guys make this creepy...?"

Ada's wings droop, dejected.

AUBREY
"Except you, of course!"
"Who's a pretty flying bracelet?"
"It's you~!"

Ada hums in delight and nuzzles Aubrey's hand.

[Image: thehellisthis.png?raw=true]

AUBREY
"I think that went well, minus the creepy clown head thing."
"Though... that feeling we're being watched..."

She looks about uneasily.

AUBREY
"I can't be the only one who senses it. Feels like whatever's watching
i̻̳̜͈͙s̙͇̱͓̹̺ ̨̦̝̲̣̙ͅͅl͎̘̮o̸̦̺o͇̹͔ki̝̤̫n̴̳g̢̖ ̜̗͢ͅc̨̠̙̟͚̺ͅl̡͎͙̮̫͕̳o̫͘s͉̖̥e̶r̶͔͙̮, now. I don't know. Maybe we shouldn't train here?"

Another pause.

AUBREY
"Though if you think we should, I trust your judgement."

SpoilerShow

RE: Four. - Arcanuse - 07-10-2017

Well, as unfortunate as the Honkit being released is, it did reveal something interesting.

Items/Creatures being dropped in a vague, unspecified location seem to not interfere with things we drop in Aubrey's current location. Additionally, it seems to damage local reality to a lesser degree, if at all.

Anyways, if we want to spawn more things perhaps we should do it elsewhere, before local reality has a few too many holes.

Edit: That said, I wouldn't be opposed to experimenting more. Perhaps some of the damage is caused not by us creating items, but our intent that our specific item is the one created.

Later once reality has settled, I propose an experiment.
We each contribute a piece of something, with the intent to combine the pieces into, well. something.

RE: Four. - Lordlyhour - 07-10-2017

(07-10-2017, 02:23 AM)Tuesday Wrote: »[Image: honkit.png?raw=true]
Kill itannihilate itMurder itdestroy itwith firejudicious application of fire both reccommended and approvedunholywrongBadTested poorly with all demographicssinfulNine out of Ten Doctors recommend Immediate amputation from realitytenth doctor is a quack98.4% chance this should not exist The margin of error is 1.6%

The Management Recommends The Dear AUBREY Evacuates into the Building Fowardward and enacting Violence by proxy on any Clown Monstrosities Our AUBREY Encounters. The Management Recommends Gathering the Action Merchandise in your Arm Noodles for the purposes of Clown Deterrence by means of Bludgeoningbut the focus groupshang the focus groups The AUBREY Needs A Clown Bludgeoner
The New Management Concedes The Potential of the Use as a Clown Deterrent but would prefer it was used as a shield

RE: Four. - NotABear - 07-10-2017

( INTERNAL MEMO: COUNCIL MEMBER ARCANUSE, THE TECHMIND POLITELY REQUESTS THAT YOU EXERCISE BETTER CAUTION WITH YOUR WAREHOUSE OF FORBIDDEN NIGHTMARES. WE HAVE MET BARNABAS AND THEY ARE A CHARMING, WELL EDUCATED FELLOW, BUT PERHAPS THEY SHOULD NOT HAVE THE KEYS TO THE DARKER PARTS OF YOUR STOCK ROOMS? )

( INTERNAL MEMO: Mindmass, Calm down. We will get through this together. We are already assembling a group of higher tier units. If Aubrey does not find it, then we will. The peace must be kept. Also We are sorry for our previous outburst. It was not becoming of us. )

" Visitor Aubrey, we suggest you practice on the [T0-AF] as quickly as possible, then move on. Our guess is that the static is a byproduct of you being monitored by someone other than ourselves, and perhaps being indoors will clear the signal up. "

Arnold, our Orangutan in charge of sorting monster files has requested permission to clarify the Honkit problem.
SpoilerShow
Thank you Arnold.

Unfortunately, the warehouse has been a managing mess for several decades now. We have literal tons of paperwork and redtape being sorted through. Combined with the warehouse being large enough that several thousand monkeys have been lost, and that our only sign they are still alive is the lights in the distance indicating they have formed tribes between the Arcane Implement storage and the Banana Dispensary.

Once we sort through all the paperwork and determine what, exactly, we have in stock, who works for us, how many fines we need to pay for harboring transdimensional miscreants, and so on and so forth, we can find where our employee training manuals went. Or why almost entirely the warehouse staff consists of various kinds of simian.

RE: Four. - typeandkey - 07-10-2017

>Perhaps if you taunt whatever is watching you, it might step out in the open. Maybe insult it's taste in decor? Worlds made of of newsprint is very last season, I must admit.

RE: Four. - Kowlb - 07-10-2017

Welp. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

FIRE.

RE: Four. - Zephyr Nepres - 07-10-2017

if you are to ATTACK that BEAST, be sure you attack in a BOLD, FEARLESS and BEAUTIFUL manner. we shan't FOLLOW a NAIVE LITTLE GIRL without a sense of FASHION.

~ BOLD

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow

RE: Four. - wiltingMyosotis - 07-10-2017

Internal letter adressed to the underlined text, along with Lady Italic and Bold,

perhaps you should calm a bit. It wouldn't do well to disagree, would it? We're all guiding the same patron after all.

Signed dutifully by your fellow council members,
wiltingMyosotis.

> Aubery, I suggest you either practice as fast as you can or move. You may be watched, as you suggest.

(07-10-2017, 05:30 AM)wiltingMyosotis Wrote: »Internal letter adressed to the underlined text, along with Lady Italic and Bold,

perhaps you should calm a bit. It wouldn't do well to disagree, would it? We're all guiding the same patron after all.

Signed dutifully by your fellow council members,
wiltingMyosotis.

> Aubery, I suggest you either practice as fast as you can or move. You may be watched, as you suggest.

YOU. WOULDN'T. BELIEVE. HOW OFTEN. THEY DO THIS.
IT'S HONESTLY. ASTOUNDING.
I OFFER. APOLOGIES. THOSE TWO. CANNOT SPEAK. RIGHT NOW. BUT. I ASSUME. THEY'RE FUMING.
I. WILL TAKE. YOUR MESSAGE. INTO. CONSIDERATION. THANK YOU.

UNDERLINE

Internal letter adressed in reply to the underlined text,

I’m duly glad to hear that!

Perhaps they both can learn to agree to disagree in a way, but who will know?

Signed, your fellow council members,
wiltingMyosotis.

-

Internal letter posted and adressing all members of the council,

Do you think perhaps we should do something rather.. dangerous to seek whatever must be causing the static?

Signed, by your fellow council members,
wiltingMyosotis.

RE: Four. - Tuesbirdy - 07-10-2017

(Superfluous author commentary:

is wiltingMyosotis the character an actual cluster of sentient flower people?)

RE: Four. - NotABear - 07-10-2017

wildingMyosotis Wrote:". . . seek whatever must be causing the static?"

( INTERNAL MEMO: We cannot advise this action. Visitor Aubrey should simply figure out the basic minimums on how their weapon works, and then get to cover. We can advise on how to handle the 'spying element' and the- 'rouge element' whenever we encounter them. A battle is not always won by striking the first blow, even if that blow is verbal, at best. Visitor Aubrey must be empowered. To provide an example: Imagine how much of a chance Visitor Aubrey would have if she were fighting the council. One of us alone likely has the power to knock her aside without thought. )

(07-10-2017, 06:24 AM)NotABear Wrote: »
wildingMyosotis Wrote:". . . seek whatever must be causing the static?"

SpoilerShow

I. CONCUR.
BEFORE. SEEKING POSSIBLE. DANGEROUS PERSONS. WE MUST. FIRST. KEEP MS AUDREY. SAFE.
AT LEAST UNTIL. SHE CAN. TAKE CARE. OF HERSELF.

IN ADDITION. YOU MAY. REFER TO ME. AS "LINE". IF YOU. PREFER.

UNDERLINE

In response to the replies of the Techmind and Line,

Thank you for your response. This has been recorded in our records, to be approved, in a certain way.

We will refrain from acting upon this, however, we do hope this discussion didn’t raise any... alerts, in what is observing.

Sincerly sinced by a council member,
wiltingMyosotis.

Superflous response:

Something like that, yes! c:

RE: Four. - Myeth - 07-10-2017

Internal letter posted and adressing all rADICAL members of the cOOL council,

Once we meet this Honkit, can we keep it? Just look at it, it can't possibly do any harm! I'm gonna put it on a leash and call it Helen, and I'll keep it in the dark corner of the council room so it doesn't bother nobody! Lookit the lil fella! He even has red hair and a red nose, the superior colour, so he surely has a high fashion sense. I promise to feed him three times a day so he doesn't devour the souls of the damned and murder us all, promise.

Keepin' it real,

~Radical Red

Terrifying though the Honkit is, they really are just a nuisance as opposed to being a direct threat. Nevermind that their high speeds and tendency to trip render it rather easy to capture one and, oh, put in a cage or something.

Speaking of, if somehow you manage to capture or immobilize it, try to resist killing the thing. There are a few tests I would like to perform, and in the event those fail I would like to retrieve it.
Having done so, I aim to send something much nicer in it's place.
And yes, we will be checking the shipping crate this time.
I won't lie, we got lucky it was the Honkit...

quick telegram memo to radical red

nonononothatthingiscreepy

unlessyoucankeepitabsolutleyawayfromeveryoneandauberythennothankyouforyourtime

This telegram was delivered and written by Sunflower.

telegram memo to arcanuse

whatdidijustsay

(07-10-2017, 10:59 AM)Myeth Wrote: »
SpoilerShow

PLEASE.
DO NOT.
MAKE. THE CLOWN. YOUR PET.

UNDERLINE

RE: Four. - Lordlyhour - 07-10-2017

(07-10-2017, 11:29 AM)Zephyr Nepres Wrote: »
SpoilerShow

[The Clown must BURN be BAPTISED IN THE CLEANSING FLAMES OF PERDITION Subjected to the Correct level of ANNIHILATION Fire as determined by Poll of the Constituent Memebers of the Mindmass.
The New Management is proud to announce the result of the poll is
ALL OF IT All of it. On a Small Personal note, this is Our first Completely Unanimous result since The New Management first implemented Polls. We Would like to thank all of our constituent parts for this unprecedented milestone in our journey to being a Whole and Happy Hivemind and can only hope that this is indicative of a new era of Cooperation between the New Management and certain Troubled Elements who have not taken to our New Era of Management as well as most of you have Some things are too important to be purposely difficult over

SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow

Internal letter posted and adressing all UNrADICAL members of the UNcOOL council,

I ALREADY GAVE IT A NAME, AND AM NOW ATTACHED. IT'S MY CHILD NOW, I'M ADOPTING IT.

Keepin' it super cool,

~New parent Radical Red

--------------

Quote:Posted by Arcanuse - Today 02:04 PM
Terrifying though the Honkit is, they really are just a nuisance as opposed to being a direct threat. Nevermind that their high speeds and tendency to trip render it rather easy to capture one and, oh, put in a cage or something.

Speaking of, if somehow you manage to capture or immobilize it, try to resist killing the thing. There are a few tests I would like to perform, and in the event those fail I would like to retrieve it.
Having done so, I aim to send something much nicer in it's place.
And yes, we will be checking the shipping crate this time.
I won't lie, we got lucky it was the Honkit...

To council member Arcanuse,

do nOT experiment on my child! Helen has thoughts and feeling you know!

Keeping it UNcool,

~New parent Radical Red

quick telegram delivered to radical rad

whyhelen

andifitisyourpetwhereisit?

(07-10-2017, 11:25 PM)wiltingMyosotis Wrote: »quick telegram delivered to radical rad

whyhelen

andifitisyourpetwhereisit?

To council member Sunflower,

Helen is a beautiful name for a child, for this honkit has left pet status, and has now risen to adopted member of the family. As for the current location of the lil' waddler, probs in a very dark corner, watching silently like the cute munchkin it is!

Turbocular Sincerity,

~New parent Radical Red

RE: Four. - wiltingMyosotis - 07-11-2017

(07-10-2017, 11:40 PM)Myeth Wrote: »To council member Sunflower,

Helen is a beautiful name for a child, for this honkit has left pet status, and has now risen to adopted member of the family. As for the current location of the lil' waddler, probs in a very dark corner, watching silently like the cute munchkin it is!

Turbocular Sincerity,

~New parent Radical Red

qucik telegram delivered to radical red

alrightidonotcareaslongasyoutakecareofitanditleavesmealone

RE: Four. - Zephyr Nepres - 07-11-2017

THIS IS. A TERRIBLE. IDEA.
BOLD. WILL PROBABLY. TRY. AND KILL IT. ANYWAY.

ALSO. I ASSURE YOU. I AM. EXTREMELY. COOL.

UNDERLINE