Eagle Time
letter to dad thread (now defunct) - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: BAWK BAWK (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+---- Forum: Hawkspace (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+---- Thread: letter to dad thread (now defunct) (/showthread.php?tid=1474)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: help me write a letter to my dad - Kitet - 07-07-2016

gonna try to tap this out real fast because, eh,

first off- neighbor agreed to help me get to Target or whatev and shop for luggages when my moving-out plan solidifies, so that's good.

second, HAHA WOW

some of you probably heard about this thru me screaming on tumblr a while back but this is the topic where i immortalize these things

so i have 4 siblings. 3 on my moms side, one on my dads. my sibling on my dads side is, a gigantic soccer mom. except her daughter doesn't do soccer, she's a cheerleader, anyway
wow
super giant racist homophobe anti-gun-restrictions soccer mom who agrees with pretty much anything my dad says
last time she visited i realized she's one of those "don't fight hate with hate" people
meaning, if a priest says gay people deserved to be shot, that's just his right to free speech. but if people tell him that's a disgusting thing to say and that he should be ashamed, that's not free speech, that's spreading hate, and that's just as bad as a person shooting up a bunch of gay people.

i wish i was kidding.

RE: help me write a letter to my dad - Kitet - 09-03-2016

next time i update the list in the first post i gotta add "is now a holocaust-denier" to it

RE: help me write a letter to my dad - Kitet - 01-31-2017

updated the first post in this thread, sorted everything into categories and refined my to-do list a bit.

i have to go to a birthday party for my sister on dad's side later today, so i hope i don't have to add MORE to this thread tonight.

RE: help me write a letter to my dad - PocketSprout - 02-01-2017

aAAHH HEY, HI THERE, PERSON WHO HAD A VERY SIMILAR EXPERIENCE HERE

My parents acted really similarly while I was growing up and eventually I developed this really "wow fuck all y'all" attitude and ran away to art school through brute force but that sounds like it isn't your style! My sister ran away similarly through a visit to her SO's place and then just kind of stayed there instead of coming home.

Is there any way for Gen to come to you and for you to leave with her? Or like any particular holiday or event that calls for you leaving the state and then just not coming back one day? That would be my strategy anyways- otherwise yeah squirling away possessions and money sounds like a good game plan right now ahh

I'm so sorry you're in this situation, you absolutely deserve not to be and I'm sending you good luck vibes!!!

RE: help me write a letter to my dad - Kitet - 02-01-2017

(02-01-2017, 01:49 AM)PocketSprout Wrote: »Is there any way for Gen to come to you and for you to leave with her? Or like any particular holiday or event that calls for you leaving the state and then just not coming back one day? That would be my strategy anyways- otherwise yeah squirling away possessions and money sounds like a good game plan right now ahh

Ahhh! Thank you for the good vibes!!

Also, that's something we considered... Gen has said that she's willing, if things turn out this way, to come to where I live and we take turns driving to her place? Like. This is a trip between north Cali and New Mexico, this would be a really long drive, but we'd do this road trip plan if we had to.

short version of spoilered text: one of the main reasons we'd have to resort to a road trip is if my dad decided to get me a car, while his old car is still working.
SpoilerShow

also no, me and dad are hermits, we visit our families (who live a few cities away) like twice a year. We have no reason to leave the state, and I especially don't have a convenient reason to leave alone - except for what Gen suggested, which is "hey my friend in NM wants a roommate bc he's having trouble making rent, and this would be a good opportunity to try out living independently (heavily imply this would only last a year or so)"
which for the most part is true, so ;u;

RE: help me write a letter to my dad - a52 - 02-01-2017

when he buys you the car immediately drive away in it, never to return

RE: help me write a letter to my dad - Kitet - 02-01-2017

if my dad buys me a car, and i'm proficient enough at driving to feel comfortable driving at night, i'm gonna get myself one of these

[Image: c8611668ba.png]

freedom, baby

RE: help me write a letter to my dad - Reyweld - 02-01-2017

Apparently pink coca cola is Cherry Vanilla flavored, so naturally I approve of this meal choice.

RE: help me write a letter to my dad - Kitet - 04-22-2017

new job has been going well recently except it hasn't, i'm in a constant state of stress and my dad won't stop pushing me to find a new job ASAP. maybe it'd be a good idea, I don't know, but i've only held this one for a little under two months so maybe i can wait a little more.

anyway

oops hit the post button too early

ANYWAY sometime soon i need to tell dad I want to move out, but I need to figure out how to do it in a way that won't make him scream at me until I agree to stay with him, at which point this turns into an outright rescue operation.

So far the plan is "hey my friend wants me to try rooming with them for like a year, this will be a good way for me to build up my independence too" along with a bunch of (true) reasons relating to job opportunities and art meetups... I'm not super confident in this though, considering my severe communication issues, but so far it's the best plan I've got?

RE: help me write a letter to my dad - ICan'tGiveCredit - 04-22-2017

i like cacti.

kitet i recommend wheat's strategy, if your dad starts yelling, just show him a cactus. And that cactus will remain suspended in mid-air for as long as he keeps yelling.

RE: letter to dad thread (now defunct) - Kitet - 10-02-2017

awwww yeahhhhh booyyyyssss i am OUT, thread over

RE: letter to dad thread (now defunct) - Sunspider - 10-02-2017

You did it!

*Celebratory Kazoo Noises*

I can relate a bit too much to that situation you just backflipped out of.Show

So yeah, not only does this make me happy as hell for you, this shit gives me hope too. Here's to new starts in a new place!

RE: letter to dad thread (now defunct) - Infrared - 10-03-2017

I'm happy for you, you did it! I'm glad you didn't have to resort to using cacti.

Good luck friend.

RE: letter to dad thread (now defunct) - a52 - 10-03-2017

(10-02-2017, 10:16 PM)Sunspider Wrote: »You did it!

*Celebratory Kazoo Noises*

I can relate a bit too much to that situation you just backflipped out of.Show

So yeah, not only does this make me happy as hell for you, this shit gives me hope too. Here's to new starts in a new place!

I honestly find it hard to believe that people like this actually exist.

RE: letter to dad thread (now defunct) - Kitet - 10-03-2017

(10-03-2017, 01:43 AM)a52 Wrote: »I honestly find it hard to believe that people like this actually exist.

They do, and in my case, he considered himself left-leaning as his "opinion on gun control (that there shouldn't be any) was the only conservative view he had".

It's... really easy to hold those views and think you're right for doing so. It comes from a place of self-preservation, I think, but these people don't realize that they're trying to protect themselves from people who aren't hurting them.

RE: letter to dad thread (now defunct) - Kitet - 10-03-2017

ALSO THANK YOU EVERYONE!!! i appreciate the good vibes!
earlier in this thread I said I'd share how I got out of that bad house situation, so, here it is:

important prerequisite: my dad didn't make me pay rent while i was living with him, so, it was possible for me to save up money for the trip. I realize if your family takes your money to justify letting you stay with them, this might be tougher to do.

SpoilerShow

I hope this helps, I realize it's all obvious stuff though. :y

RE: letter to dad thread (now defunct) - Justice Watch - 10-04-2017

Congrats on ditching your bad dad!!

RE: letter to dad thread (now defunct) - Myeth - 10-04-2017

Gratz Kitet!! im so glad yer out!

RE: letter to dad thread (now defunct) - wiltingMyosotis - 10-04-2017

Congratulations on getting out!!!

RE: letter to dad thread (now defunct) - Reyweld - 10-06-2017

I'm glad this thread had a happy ending. Good luck, Kitet!