Eagle Time
Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1) - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Cool Shit You Can Do (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Forum Adventures (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1) (/showthread.php?tid=3067)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1) - Panur - 04-13-2018

> Give the couch a good shake to see if you could barricade the door with it once you're asleep.

[Image: 43_by_terra414-dc8ozqr.gif]

You give the couch a small shove. There's no way you're gonna be able to move this couch on your own, at least not without leaving marks all the way from the living room to the backdoor. You're not sure it'll even fit in the hallway.

Perhaps you can give it a try later with some help, but you're doubtful about the soundness of this plan.

> Drink plenty of water. You don't want to be dehydrated.

[Image: 44_by_terra414-dc8ozro.png]

...You try to keep intake of liquids before bed to a minimum. Because of reasons.

> For no particular reason take a knife out in the kitchen and leave it on the counter.

[Image: 45_by_terra414-dc8p2m5.png]

Why would you do that? So far every monster who wandered in had their own weapons, there's no need for you to leave your own just lying around like a slob.

> Where is your gramps?

[Image: 46_by_terra414-dc8ozu2.png]

At work? Date? Secret mission? Who knows what the guy does when he's not at home. Still, he's a strong independent Gramps who can get himself home on his own without you babysitting him.

> Alice: If you're going to deal with monsters, best not to do it in PJs.

[Image: 47_by_terra414-dc8ozve.png]

You'll change when you fall asleep, you're not going to bed wearing clothes, you have standards.

> Might as well see about putting the Mark to use when you fall asleep later, just to make sure Brother doesn't flip over it again . . . Maybe you could attach the Mark to a wooden plank or something and use it to bat away monsters? I mean, did Brother ever say that it needed to be attached to the front door specifically? Might be another interesting thing to try later.

[Image: 48_by_terra414-dc8ozwo.png]

From what DT explained the mark doesn’t repel monsters as much as cloak a small area from them. As funny as smacking a monster with an invisible board sounds, you doubt that’d be very effective and Derrick would still be blowing his shit over your room being in the open.

> Why don't you go to your bedroom like your brother said and continue your knitting there?

[Image: 49_by_terra414-dc8p3tb.png]

No more knitting for tonight, you're good and ready to catch some beauty sleep.

Speaking of which... while you didn't exactly promise anything, your brother may have a point with the whole alarm thing, but what if you wake up just as things are getting good? You may have trouble getting back to sleep...Then again a whole night of uninterrupted sleep may set to rights your whole schedule. What should you do?

1. Put the alarm, confront the possibility of a cliff-hanger.
2. No alarm, we die like men.

RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1) - CJayoj - 04-13-2018

>2 no alarm
Need to be able to finish what you get started. Better to see things through instead of getting interrupted during something important.

RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1) - Fellow - 04-13-2018

>2 die like a man

RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1) - Princezz - 04-13-2018

>What day is it? Do you have school tomorrow?

RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1) - neferiusNexus - 04-13-2018

>IF current_day = (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) { INT choice = 2} ELSE {INT choice =1};

RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1) - Clownmask Clock - 04-13-2018

>Set your alarm

RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1) - The One Guy - 04-13-2018

(04-13-2018, 04:07 PM)neferiusNexus Wrote: »>IF current_day = (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) { INT choice = 2} ELSE {INT choice =1};

This, except declare the "choice" variable before the if statement so it doesn't go out of scope, replace the = after current_day with == as we're comparing the variable not setting it, make sure that current_day is compared with eacy day seporately as we're not checking for if it is all of those days at once... and swap the 1 and 2 as those days are the ones where we do want to set the alarm.

RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1) - MirrorMirrorMan - 04-14-2018

>1 Because Cliffhangers are wonderful and we should totally subject ourselves to one.
"Wait, if it makes things invisible, can I use it on myself to make me invisible?"

RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1) - TerraTorment - 04-14-2018

>2

tonight we dine in hell

RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1) - Panur - 04-18-2018

> No alarm, we die like men.

[Image: 50_by_terra414-dc96er2.png]

It’s not like you promised anything, and what if you wake your dear brother with an Ill-timed message? Better for you both to have a good, restful night.

[Image: 51_by_terra414-dc973nm.gif]

Your mind made, you push your tablet away from the bed edge and cuddle up to your soft, welcoming pillows.

Annnd you're out.

[Image: 53_by_terra414-dc97eah.png]

Welcome to the imagination plane. Try and keep track of which plane you're in, as it can have dire consequences later.

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: 54_by_terra414-dc97eba.png]

You get up and change back into your clothes. You are ready to see where tonight takes you.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The tutorial intro is now over, remember to mind the way you direct the characters as there will be penalties for the wrong actions/commands.

>Help these children, their lives depend on it.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

What shall you do next?

RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1) - martialAcademic - 04-18-2018

>Alice: Maybe you should ask DT if they know the situation with the monsters in your house. Or just see what DT has to say in general.

RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1) - ReedRGale - 04-19-2018

> Alice: Brother suggested vigilance; inspect room and listen to attendant's words with a grain of salt--don't respond though, silence can eke out secrets from those who aren't tightlipped

RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1) - Cr0w - 04-19-2018

>"hello alice, I hope we will work well together. This may seem weird, and we are not spose to talk to you, but a group including myself decided to help you and your pals in this dream world. I cant do all that much but if you want our help just ask"

RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1) - TerraTorment - 04-19-2018

(04-19-2018, 01:19 AM)Cr0w Wrote: »>"hello alice, I hope we will work well together. This may seem weird, and we are not spose to talk to you, but a group including myself decided to help you and your pals in this dream world. I cant do all that much but if you want our help just ask"

Downvoting. do not do this please

RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1) - martialAcademic - 04-19-2018

(04-19-2018, 01:31 AM)TerraTorment Wrote: »
(04-19-2018, 01:19 AM)Cr0w Wrote: »>"hello alice, I hope we will work well together. This may seem weird, and we are not spose to talk to you, but a group including myself decided to help you and your pals in this dream world. I cant do all that much but if you want our help just ask"

Downvoting. do not do this please

Is downvoting even a thing in this adventure?

While I do also have concerns about this command, maybe we should further expand on our reasoning for our concerns? Conversation is key, after all.

I'm concerned about this command causing more suspicion than anything, and I'm generally worried about any out of character commands now that we're out of the tutorial. We were just warned about such things after all. It's still really up to you whether you decide to continue or not, just wanted to put that out there for you to think about.

And also so I can say I told you so if it turns out terrible. Ironically of course.

RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1) - TerraTorment - 04-19-2018

(04-19-2018, 03:03 AM)martialAcademic Wrote: »While I do also have concerns about this command, maybe we should further expand on our reasoning for our concerns?

this is why this is a bad idea, revealing our presence to alice limits greatly what we can do with her, right now our commands pass through her head as her own thoughts, if alice knows about us she will make that distinction between her own thoughts and the outside influence, so it will be hader to sway her, like for example in critical moment when alice is about to do something bad, we can use commands to make her think about it twice, if she knows about us, she'll know that we're trying to prevent her from doing x and she could just decide to ignore us, this could be a long term advantage we're squandering here

RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1) - Fellow - 04-19-2018

Another disatvantage to talking to the kids directly is that they have no reason to trust us. In the main LS the kids we talked to directly had a reason to trust us, but the kids here have no reason to believe that we're not a monster tricking them, or their own minds going very insane.

I myself think that the kids getting talked to directly tends to get pretty arkward and I'd rather not have that. Especially since alice seems to be the main character and I bet we'll be around her the most.

>You'd best gear up for some fighting. Go get your rotary cutter.

RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1) - unrelatedAcolyte96 - 04-19-2018

>Equip yourself before you head out! you wouldn't want to be vulnerable to the monsters outside.

RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1) - trykko - 04-19-2018

> alice: ask dt is he knows sabrina the teenage witch. are YOU sabrina the teenage witch?

> alice: pet. pet dt

RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1) - Panur - 04-22-2018

> Alice: Maybe you should ask DT if they know the situation with the monsters in your house. Or just see what DT has to say in general.

[Image: 55_by_terra414-dc9jipm.png]

Show ChatlogShow

> "hello Alice, I hope we will work well together. This may seem weird, and we are not supposed to talk to you, but a group including myself decided to help you and your pals in this dream world. I can’t do all that much but if you want our help just ask"

[Image: 56_by_terra414-dc9jirp.gif]

Show ChatlogShow

> Alice: Pet. Pet DT.

[Image: 57_by_terra414-dc9jisl.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: 58_by_terra414-dc9jitx.gif]

Show ChatlogShow

>You'd best gear up for some fighting. Go get your rotary cutter.

[Image: 59_by_terra414-dc9jiuk.png]

You take a moment to calm yourself, then go into your closet to get your rotary cutter.

[Image: 60_by_terra414-dc9qu4a.png]

That cat better still be well out of your reach if he knows what’s good for him.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It seems Alice is very upset and her trust in DT has decreased. She may mistrust him or not want to take him with her as result.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1) - CJayoj - 04-22-2018

>Ignore the cat for now. You have more important business.

RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1) - MirrorMirrorMan - 04-22-2018

". . . Are those scissors up there? . . . They are. Might be a good back-up if something happens to the pizza cutter. Now, where's the the Mark?"

RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1) - TerraTorment - 04-22-2018

(04-22-2018, 09:49 PM)Lylac Wrote: »> We want to firmly say that we Are and Never will be your white cat or represent him in Any Way. Though you have caught on to us far faster than your dense brother.

Downvoting, let's not reveal ourselves to the kids right outta the bat, i will now proceed to make an essay on why we shouldnt

revealing ourselves to the kids in here is a bad idea because (and i'm gonna quote my earlier post and cf here

(04-19-2018, 04:26 AM)TerraTorment Wrote: »revealing our presence to alice limits greatly what we can do with her, right now our commands pass through her head as her own thoughts, if alice knows about us she will make that distinction between her own thoughts and the outside influence, so it will be hader to sway her, like for example in critical moment when alice is about to do something bad, we can use commands to make her think about it twice, if she knows about us, she'll know that we're trying to prevent her from doing x and she could just decide to ignore us, this could be a long term advantage we're squandering here

(04-19-2018, 12:02 PM)Fellow Wrote: »Another disatvantage to talking to the kids directly is that they have no reason to trust us. In the main LS the kids we talked to directly had a reason to trust us, but the kids here have no reason to believe that we're not a monster tricking them, or their own minds going very insane.

I myself think that the kids getting talked to directly tends to get pretty arkward and I'd rather not have that. Especially since alice seems to be the main character and I bet we'll be around her the most.

also, take into consideration the brand new penalty system, look at what happened when someone attempted to reveal us to alice, we'll most likely get another penalty if lylac's command gets used and alice could freak out, this alice has just started to dream, and she knows that there are monsters that can do this kinda mind / ilussion stuff, what guarantee does she have to trust us? when we can do nothing but talk to her? what guarantee do we have that she'll follow our every command? circumstances here are different than in canon, and it's simply too much of a risk to reveal ourselves here

if you really, really want us to reveal ourselves, i say we should reach a consensus first, that way itd be fair for the people who want to stay secret, i vote against revealing our presence to any kid

RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1) - Cr0w - 04-23-2018

Terra thats fair i just wanted to see what would happen. And i wanted to start off on the right foot but that did not seem to happen. Plus i wanted to test it now so some newbie does not test it during a life or death situation.

RE: Lucidstuck:swap!AU fanadventure (1) - squareqing - 04-23-2018

(04-22-2018, 09:49 PM)Lylac Wrote: »> We want to firmly say that we Are and Never will be your white cat or represent him in Any Way. Though you have caught on to us far faster than your dense brother.

Downvoting this, I'd rather we not go down that route at least at this moment.