Eagle Time
National NaNoWriMo Doing Month! - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Adventures and Games (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+---- Forum: Projects and Comics (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+---- Thread: National NaNoWriMo Doing Month! (/showthread.php?tid=107)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: National NaNoWriMo Doing Month! - Solaris - 11-05-2012

chapter dues of schanorama started

RE: National NaNoWriMo Doing Month! - AgentBlue - 11-05-2012

Dammit, it's too much of a temptation to click that link!

NO ONE CLICK THE LINK UNLESS YOU'RE NEXT RAWR >:C

RE: National NaNoWriMo Doing Month! - Schazer - 11-05-2012

I am aforementioned next

RE: National NaNoWriMo Doing Month! - SleepingOrange - 11-05-2012

(11-05-2012, 12:01 AM)SeaWyrm Wrote: »There keep not being last pages to threads. Why is that?
I probably won't have a chance to contribute to this until tuesday or wednesday or something.

It's a weird quirk of the forum software; if there's exactly the number of posts to fill a page but not start the next, it creates a phantom page. You get used to it.

That was a lot more coherent than I expected! A fun story so far.

RE: National NaNoWriMo Doing Month! - Schazer - 11-06-2012

Ok that took me unfairly long, but we're up to 2016 words this chapter so I hope that partially makes up for it.

We're still ~3000 words behind if we're operating at it being the 6th, hopefully Agent will do their bit to fixing that in short order. (i.e. Agent has it next)

RE: National NaNoWriMo Doing Month! - AgentBlue - 11-07-2012

2911 words! Sorry, elections happened and slowed things down a bit. But here it is now! We are butts behind!

OPEN SEASON!

But tell us on IRC first.

RE: National NaNoWriMo Doing Month! - Dragon Fogel - 11-07-2012

If nobody else has taken it on by, let's say, 6 PM here, I will.

RE: National NaNoWriMo Doing Month! - SleepingOrange - 11-08-2012

I plan on doing a segment a day over my weekend (Thursday through Saturday this week), so other people better post enough for me to do that!

RE: National NaNoWriMo Doing Month! - Dragon Fogel - 11-08-2012

I've done a segment, it's open season again.

RE: National NaNoWriMo Doing Month! - Crowstone - 11-08-2012

I'll continue!

e: next person's turn

RE: National NaNoWriMo Doing Month! - SleepingOrange - 11-09-2012

Alright, I done done did it.

A regular-length post would have been pushing it awfully close to a chapter-complete count without actually hitting it, so I went on a little long and wrapped up the chapter since we're a bit behind. I hope nobody minds.

RE: National NaNoWriMo Doing Month! - Dragon Fogel - 11-09-2012

That chapter was a surprise. My final prompt was a bit vague, so Crowstone took it in quite a different direction than I'd meant it to be, but that's how this sort of thing works.

I think the order was Solaris-Schazer/NTA collaborating-Agent-Fogel-Crowstone-Slorange, if anybody knows otherwise feel free to correct me.
(Maybe we can start leaving our names on the document to keep this clear.)

Anyhow, I'm going to start the next chapter now.

RE: National NaNoWriMo Doing Month! - Dragon Fogel - 11-09-2012

Here is Chapter 3! I've kicked it off with 520 words.

RE: National NaNoWriMo Doing Month! - Solaris - 11-09-2012

SaHNoWriMo: Chapter Two

Authors: Solaris - Schazer/NTA - Agent - Dragon Fogel - Crowstone - Slorange

5054 Words
SpoilerShow
TOTAL WORD COUNT: 10,254

In other news, while I would like to go next, I have to get ready to go to my dads sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo if someone wants to go go for it

RE: National NaNoWriMo Doing Month! - Crowstone - 11-10-2012

i wrote some, next person's turn ^_^

RE: National NaNoWriMo Doing Month! - AgentBlue - 11-11-2012

All right, going in for it!

---

DOCS IS BEING STUPID NUUUUH

---

Oh no wait it smartened up

---

Aaaaand we're done and holding at 2447 words!

RE: National NaNoWriMo Doing Month! - SeaWyrm - 11-11-2012

I am doing this at present.

Okay, done!

RE: National NaNoWriMo Doing Month! - Dragon Fogel - 11-11-2012

I feel like taking another crack at it, so here goes.

Edit: Done! We've passed 4000 words, Chapter 3 should end in another passage or two.

RE: National NaNoWriMo Doing Month! - SleepingOrange - 11-12-2012

I will do this here thing!

RE: National NaNoWriMo Doing Month! - Solaris - 11-12-2012

ALRIGHT SLOR FINISHED SO I AM GOING TO FINISH THIS CHAPTER WITH

A SPECIAL MYSTERY GUEST
???WHO IS THE MYSTERIOUS GUEST???

FIND OUT... NEXT TIME???

RE: National NaNoWriMo Doing Month! - SleepingOrange - 11-12-2012

Oh right I was going to post a thought I had at work today! I forgot about that until now

At the end of chapter two, there's some confusion in Crow's post about who Zembra is, since it's heavily implied that Connie kidnapped Agent Zembra but then is called on the phone by someone calling themselves Zembra. It is not a very common name!

What occurred to me is that one possibility that might be fun to think about is that Connie knew Zembra as a child, but didn't know she was forever young or lost touch with her, and so when they needed to contact her again the older woman who is apparently planning on destroying wishes claimed to be Zembra in order to gain Connie's trust. Or simply Connie's memory problems made her forget who the real Zembra was and the fake Zembra made her think she was the real Zembra. Or something.

I dunno, this might already have been addressed in the current chapter, but it's been bugging me. Just some thoughts!

RE: National NaNoWriMo Doing Month! - SeaWyrm - 11-12-2012

Yeah, that was bugging me, too. (Though to be fair, it's impressive how far this got without that kind of major confusion yet.)
Part of the way I was trying to parse it was that Zembra was actually calling Connie from the back seat. But I don't think that really works, even if it weren't totally implausible.

RE: National NaNoWriMo Doing Month! - seedy - 11-12-2012

Chapter 3 is finished!

Word count: 5,621
Total: 15,875

RE: National NaNoWriMo Doing Month! - AgentBlue - 11-12-2012

SahNoWriMo Chapter the Third

Fogel -> Slorange --> Crowsy ---> Agen ----> SeaWyrm -----> Fogel ------> Slorange -------> Seedy/Solaris

SpoilerShow

15,875 words!

If I have time after studying tonight I miiiight start Chapter Four, if it's not started in two or so hours that means I fell unconscious at some point. >_<

edit: yeah no, I didn't. Damn.

but here's a doc if you want it

RE: National NaNoWriMo Doing Month! - Dragon Fogel - 11-12-2012

Okay, there are a few bits that are a little confusing, but on the whole this is still holding up surprisingly well in terms of coherence.

The most confusing part is still Crowstone's section near the end of Chapter 2; other than that, we've got several different things going on with Chris and the doll right now. That said, there are several different plotlines that could be followed up on, so there's no need to rush to explain this one.

Here's a short list of plotlines and related questions that whoever starts the next chapter might want to consider. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list or anything.
SpoilerShow