Eagle Time
Lucidstuck II - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Cool Shit You Can Do (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Forum Adventures (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Lucidstuck II (/showthread.php?tid=2474)

RE: Lucidstuck II - Heyoceama - 07-15-2018

> 2

Explanation how you know her first, then you can go into who you are.

RE: Lucidstuck II - intrepidPioneer - 07-15-2018

Derrick: Tell her who you are

[Image: K1tPnc8.png]

Show ChatlogShow

1. Tell the truth
2. Lie

RE: Lucidstuck II - calescentInfernum - 07-15-2018

2. You can't tell the the truth. Say that you were told that Lucia had died a while ago, and that's what you thought for the longest time, until a friend told you that she was alive just yesterday.

RE: Lucidstuck II - Unclever title - 07-15-2018

My instinct in this kind of situation is to tell the truth and hope for the best. It feels to me like one of those "She deserves to know the truth, no matter how crazy it sounds" deals.

But I'm deliberately not voting one way or the other on this. I'm not about to throw a wrench on a plan in the works.

RE: Lucidstuck II - Panur - 07-16-2018

>Derrick: Go for the middle ground. Don't lie, but also don't tell her the more fantastic sounding parts of it.

to keep the command short, explaining here: just have derrick explain that he originally thought that Lucia hand't survived the shooting and only very recently came to find out of it while visiting another friend who was hospitalized. When you did you tried to visit but couldn't bring yourself to do it, and you asked a friend to leave her a gift in your stead.

just today you tried again, and you asked your friend to accompany you (the other kid that came with you).

if she demands more answers on why he only found out now, he can say the truth an say his sister only recently admitted to it, hence the urgency.

RE: Lucidstuck II - Fellow - 07-16-2018

>2, Don't tell her you met lucia in a dream.

RE: Lucidstuck II - martialAcademic - 07-16-2018

(07-16-2018, 02:10 AM)Panur Wrote: »>Derrick: Go for the middle ground. Don't lie, but also don't tell her the more fantastic sounding parts of it.

to keep the command short, explaining here: just have derrick explain that he originally thought that Lucia hand't survived the shooting and only very recently came to find out of it while visiting another friend who was hospitalized. When you did you tried to visit but couldn't bring yourself to do it, and you asked a friend to leave her a gift in your stead.

just today you tried again, and you asked your friend to accompany you (the other kid that came with you).

if she demands more answers on why he only found out now, he can say the truth an say his sister only recently admitted to it, hence the urgency.

Seconding.

RE: Lucidstuck II - Kayriel - 07-16-2018

(07-16-2018, 02:10 AM)Panur Wrote: »>Derrick: Go for the middle ground. Don't lie, but also don't tell her the more fantastic sounding parts of it.

Seconded. She'll have you thrown out for sure if you tell her the truth.

RE: Lucidstuck II - amobiaman - 07-17-2018

HOLD IT!

We ran into an inconstancy in our story with Panur's suggestion.
If we found out about Lucia's hospitalization during the visit with Emily, then how could we bring a gift?

If we want this story to work, we have to somehow find a way to explain knowing about Lucia before visiting Emily the first time. I think we HAVE to tell Lucia's mom about Alice's lie if we want to go this route.

Otherwise we could say that we were overcome with grief and couldn't bring ourselves to see Lucia until now?

RE: Lucidstuck II - martialAcademic - 07-17-2018

(07-17-2018, 03:17 AM)amobiaman Wrote: »HOLD IT!

If we found out about Lucia's hospitalization during the visit with Emily, then how could we bring a gift?

If we want this story to work, we have to somehow find a way to explain knowing about Lucia before visiting Emily the first time. I think we HAVE to tell Lucia's mom about Alice's lie if we want to go this route.

Otherwise we could say that we were overcome with grief and couldn't bring ourselves to see Lucia until now?

That is a good point. Maybe going less specific would be a better way of going about that? Something like "Until recently you had thought Lucia had died. You found out a short while ago and intended to visit, but couldn't, so you sent a gift with a friend in your stead".

If the devil is in the details, maybe we should go light on them in the command?

RE: Lucidstuck II - Panur - 07-17-2018

(07-17-2018, 04:11 PM)martialAcademic Wrote: »
(07-17-2018, 03:17 AM)amobiaman Wrote: »HOLD IT!

That is a good point. Maybe going less specific would be a better way of going about that? Something like "Until recently you had thought Lucia had died. You found out a short while ago and intended to visit, but couldn't, so you sent a gift with a friend in your stead".

If the devil is in the details, maybe we should go light on them in the command?

that's not a problem?
emily was hospitalized several days before we actually visited her, and nowhere in the post did i say we brought the gift on the same day...

When you did [implied did FIND OUT] you tried to visit but couldn't bring yourself to do it, and you asked a friend to leave her a gift in your stead.

RE: Lucidstuck II - intrepidPioneer - 07-18-2018

Derrick: Go for the middle ground. Don't lie, but also don't tell her the more fantastic sounding parts of it

[Image: 47VwJZW.png]

Show ChatlogShow

You've gotten Lucia's mother to remember who you are to Lucia! However it's not enough to carry out the mission.

RE: Lucidstuck II - Panur - 07-18-2018

> Derrick: thank lucia's mom for understanding. Tell her you'll be staying overnight and would like for a chance to talk to her alone later, after she's had her time. There's a lot of things left unsaid.

Derrick: thank lucia's mom for understanding. Tell her you'll be staying overnight and would like for a chance to talk to her alone later, after she's had her time. There's a lot of things left unsaid

[Image: ZY4n6oz.png]

Show ChatlogShow

You're stuck, you don't know how to explain yourself.

RE: Lucidstuck II - ReedRGale - 07-18-2018

Derrick: Explain that you meant to say that you want to 'talk to you about her' later

RE: Lucidstuck II - neferiusNexus - 07-18-2018

nop, too late, she'll just suspect us if we don't (kinda) come clean on this.

>Channel all of your sadness and anguish at the thought of losing Lucia forever. Tell her mother how for the longest time she was your only friend besides your sister and how you just recently found out your sister betrayed you by hiding the fact that Lucia was still alive. Clarify that you only want to beg for her forgiveness in the hope that she may hear you. To say that you are sorry for not having been able to protect her.

(if she lets us proceed with this seemingly irrational request, then she may eventually be more inclined to let Derrick say his last goodbyes and less inclined from stopping him from kissing Lucia's hand)

(07-18-2018, 04:27 PM)neferiusNexus Wrote: »>Channel all of your sadness and anguish at the thought of losing Lucia forever. Tell her mother how for the longest time she was your only friend besides your sister and how you just recently found out your sister betrayed you by hiding the fact that Lucia was still alive. Clarify that you only want to beg for her forgiveness in the hope that she may hear you. To say that you are sorry for not being able to protect her.

Nef, derrick's been saying how 'red' thinking of alice makes him feel, do we really want to make him think that now?

(07-18-2018, 04:19 PM)ReedRGale Wrote: »Derrick: Explain that you meant to say that you want to 'talk to you about her' later

seconding

Derrick: Explain that you meant to say that you want to 'talk to you about her' later

[Image: dbRwCbd.png]

Show ChatlogShow

1. You actually did meant you wanted to talk to Lucia after all.
2. You really did want to talk to Lucia's mother about Lucia.

RE: Lucidstuck II - neferiusNexus - 07-18-2018

Well that didn't go well.

I'm choosing 1 again and reposting my command:

>Channel all of your sadness and anguish at the thought of losing Lucia forever. Tell her mother how for the longest time she was your only friend besides your sister and how you just recently found out your sister betrayed you by hiding the fact that Lucia was still alive. Clarify that you only want to beg for her forgiveness in the hope that she may hear you. To say that you are sorry for not having been able to protect her.

I suspected that being at least partially honest would have been a better alternative... and looks like that is our only way going forward now.
I'm sorry CC, your command could have worked under better circumstances.

Panur and anybody else, if there's something i can incorporate into this command, please let me know. I don't want to start arguments for drama's sake here. Too much is at stake.

RE: Lucidstuck II - martialAcademic - 07-18-2018

(07-18-2018, 04:52 PM)neferiusNexus Wrote: »Well that didn't go well.

I'm choosing 1 again and reposting my command:

I suspected that being at least partially honest would have been a better alternative... and looks like that is our only way going forward now.
I'm sorry CC, your command could have worked under better circumstances.

Panur and anybody else, if there's something i can incorporate into this command, please let me know. I don't want to start arguments for drama's sake here. Too much is at stake.

We need to make a coherent argument that doesn't contradict ourselves again. We want to talk to Lucia AND her mom, not just one of them. With that in mind, I'm not sure that this particular way of phrasing it is the best choice at the moment. If we had done this a command or two earlier, it would have been more viable though.

I'm working on my own post, it'll be a couple minutes away.

RE: Lucidstuck II - martialAcademic - 07-18-2018

>Derrick: Take a deep breath. Let your emotions through, but stay composed. Use your own words to clarify the situation, and talk to this woman like she's an actual human being whose daughter is about to, as far as she knows, die.

You wanted to talk to both of them. You did want to talk to Lucia and tell her about a bunch of things. You wanted to tell her you still remember her. That you still missed her for all those years. That you're sorry that you haven't visited before. You wanted to talk about all the things we used to do, and all the new things that she would have loved that you wish you could have shared with her. However, you didn't mean to assume or order her around, just ask for her permission to do so if it was alright with her.

You ALSO wanted to talk with Her(mother). You've already experienced mourning Lucia once before, and your own parents as well, and you don't want to have her go through it alone if you can help it. You wanted to talk with her about Lucia so that you could maybe help.

(07-18-2018, 05:43 PM)martialAcademic Wrote: »>Derrick: Take a deep breath. Let your emotions through, but stay composed. Use your own words to clarify the situation, and talk to this woman like she's an actual human being whose daughter is about to, as far as she knows, die.

You wanted to talk to both of them. You did want to talk to Lucia and tell her about a bunch of things. You wanted to tell her you still remember her. That you still missed her for all those years. That you're sorry that you haven't visited before. You wanted to talk about all the things we used to do, and all the new things that she would have loved that you wish you could have shared with her. However, you didn't mean to assume or order her around, just ask for her permission to do so if it was alright with her.

You ALSO wanted to talk with Her(mother). You've already experienced mourning Lucia once before, and your own parents as well, and you don't want to have her go through it alone if you can help it. You wanted to talk with her about Lucia so that you could maybe help.

seconded

RE: Lucidstuck II - intrepidPioneer - 07-19-2018

Derrick: Take a deep breath. Let your emotions through, but stay composed. Use your own words to clarify the situation, and talk to this woman like she's an actual human being whose daughter is about to, as far as she knows, die.

You ALSO wanted to talk with Her(mother). You've already experienced mourning Lucia once before, and your own parents as well, and you don't want to have her go through it alone if you can help it. You wanted to talk with her about Lucia so that you could maybe help

[Image: hyR6Gpn.png]

Show ChatlogShow

1. Explain the nature of your mission (Recruit Lucia's Mother)
2. Keep the subject spiritual (Leave Lucia's mother out)

RE: Lucidstuck II - ReedRGale - 07-19-2018

> Derrick: Keep the subject spiritual. Best to just find a way to stay in this room, or have reason to be there in the 'last moments.'

RE: Lucidstuck II - neferiusNexus - 07-19-2018

i vote >2 as-well

and seconding CC's command