Eagle Time
Lucidstuck II - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Cool Shit You Can Do (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Forum Adventures (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Lucidstuck II (/showthread.php?tid=2474)

RE: Lucidstuck II - neferiusNexus - 06-03-2018

(06-03-2018, 04:34 AM)Kooper Wrote: »
(06-03-2018, 02:54 AM)Heyoceama Wrote: »> Flesh out the plan a bit more on the way there.

We can probably jump to Emily while they walk and get her filled in. Whatever the case though, we should get moving ASAP.
Seconding this, but we should stop putting sequential commands since it's unpredictable whether iP will pull a Houdini on us like today. So change this into:
> Derrick: Take inventory; show to Garreth what you bought from the store. Both: Flesh out the plan a bit more on the way there.

Seconding Kooper's command. Maybe there's an item in there that can help?

Also, is it just me, or is Derrick not responding to our commands. Like, at-all?!

This is worrying... i propose we focus on Garry for now (who can already hear us) and only appeal to Derrick when absolutely necessary.
We, uh, don't want a mental meltdown right before the big moment, do we :\

RE: Lucidstuck II - intrepidPioneer - 06-05-2018

Derrick: Take inventory; show to Garreth what you bought from the store.
Both: Flesh out the plan a bit more on the way there

[Image: 75k6CHT.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: dNzwB5Z.png]

You empty your bag, there's a ton of things, but not everything will be useful.

Show ChatlogShow

The look on Garry's face is the same as always, but you sense he might be a bit overwhelmed. You don't know if you can take everything, but you don't want to leave anything useful behind. How should you proceed?

RE: Lucidstuck II - martialAcademic - 06-05-2018

>Derrick: First off, it's important to establish what Garry would do without these items for the basis of a plan. Go through his basic plan first and then work together to figure out if there's anything that's reducing the options you can take or figure out what is likely to go wrong. Then determine what items, if any, would be helpful in mitigating that. If the answer is you don't need any items in particular then just grab some stuff that's generally useful: stuff like (but not limited to) a flashlight to see in the dark, duct tape and paracord for tying or making things, and a watch so you can make sure you know what time it is. There's two of you so you can spread things among yourselves as well.

I didn't want to say it because my post is already fairly large but we can also use some of the ball bearings and paracord together to make weapons at this point. We can relatively easily make a monkey's fist and we can take a few of those and tie them together to make a bolas. It'd just look like a keychain, or be relatively easy to conceal, and give Derrick and/or Garreth a weapon to use IRL that won't draw much attention. We can also just kinda use the ball bearings like marbles if we want to set a trap for somebody.

RE: Lucidstuck II - Kooper - 06-06-2018

(06-05-2018, 04:12 PM)martialAcademic Wrote: »>Derrick: First off, it's important to establish what Garry would do without these items for the basis of a plan. Go through his basic plan first and then work together to figure out if there's anything that's reducing the options you can take or figure out what is likely to go wrong. Then determine what items, if any, would be helpful in mitigating that. If the answer is you don't need any items in particular then just grab some stuff that's generally useful: stuff like (but not limited to) a flashlight to see in the dark, duct tape and paracord for tying or making things, and a watch so you can make sure you know what time it is. There's two of you so you can spread things among yourselves as well.
Seconding this. This post basically sums everything we need to do before knowing more, I guess. What did Derrick buy the hourglass for, though? I have no idea.

RE: Lucidstuck II - ReedRGale - 06-06-2018

@Kooper I'd imagine that a lot of these are just crafting fodder for later, as it'll carry over into the dreamworld.

That said, I like the general idea of mA's post, but it's a bit long. I'm going to try to cut it down to general ideas as I don't want to limit Derrick's thinking to the specifications we can consider.

> Derrick: Discuss which items might be dangerous to have on you and which might be generally useful. Trust Garry's common sense.

RE: Lucidstuck II - Panur - 06-06-2018

>Derrick: take Shades, Mint gum, Bandana, D-rings, Cord lock, Flashlight, Silver watch, Duct tape, Ballcap and a Bag of ball bearings, and tell Garry to please leave his knife for the hospital visit.

RE: Lucidstuck II - intrepidPioneer - 06-07-2018

Derrick: take Shades, Mint gum, Bandana, D-rings, Cord lock, Flashlight, Silver watch, Duct tape, Ballcap and a Bag of ball bearings, and tell Garry to please leave his knife for the hospital visit

[Image: TVg5EJm.png]

You store some of the items you think will be useful, while leaving the rest behind.

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: R55xoYu.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: 043jeNU.png]

As you head downtown you begin to wonder what Lucia must be doing right now, although you've become quite stressed over her situation you cannot fathom what must be running though her mind during this time.

[Image: mlBlgDM.png]

Show ChatlogShow

RE: Lucidstuck II - Noo5uke - 06-07-2018

---->

RE: Lucidstuck II - ReedRGale - 06-07-2018

> Derrick: Say Garry doesn't seem the type either and that you appreciate his support.

RE: Lucidstuck II - Kooper - 06-08-2018

(06-07-2018, 09:17 PM)ReedRGale Wrote: »> Derrick: Say Garry doesn't seem the type either and that you appreciate his support.

I guess I'm seconding this. This might be good for the flow of the conversation.

RE: Lucidstuck II - Kayriel - 06-08-2018

Does Garry know something we don't...?

RE: Lucidstuck II - Heyoceama - 06-10-2018

(06-08-2018, 10:22 PM)Kayriel Wrote: »Does Garry know something we don't...?

What makes you think that?

RE: Lucidstuck II - intrepidPioneer - 06-11-2018

Derrick: Say Garry doesn't seem the type either and that you appreciate his support

[Image: O4p381W.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: rKFcDsk.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: XdkaWXe.png]

You arrive at the hospital. You make your presence known at the receptionist's desk.

[Image: SeMtFRw.png]

You explain to the receptionist that you're here with your friend to see a classmate, she lets you know her room number. You quickly inquire about an overnight pass, the receptionist says that you'd need permission from her guardian unless she's over 18.

[Image: 9kmKyvF.png]

Show ChatlogShow

1. Request Emily to help you and Garry get overnight pass. (Recruit Emily)
2. ==> (Leave Emily out)

RE: Lucidstuck II - Panur - 06-11-2018

>Derrick: recruit emily, but make sure to explain the situation and see if she's cool with it

RE: Lucidstuck II - CJayoj - 06-11-2018

(06-11-2018, 07:32 PM)Panur Wrote: »>Derrick: recruit emily, but make sure to explain the situation and see if she's cool with it

seconidng

RE: Lucidstuck II - Will Phoenix - 06-11-2018

(06-11-2018, 07:32 PM)Panur Wrote: »>Derrick: recruit emily, but make sure to explain the situation and see if she's cool with it

Thirding, but think of a way to get an overnight pass. Why not use the excuse of sleeping with Emily to her parents to get one?

RE: Lucidstuck II - neferiusNexus - 06-11-2018

thirding Pan.

RE: Lucidstuck II - amaranthineApocalypse - 06-11-2018

(06-11-2018, 07:49 PM)CJayoj Wrote: »

seconidng

Thirding

RE: Lucidstuck II - Khanofallorcs - 06-12-2018

Thirding Pan

RE: Lucidstuck II - Rafael0055 - 06-12-2018

I also agree with pan

RE: Lucidstuck II - martialAcademic - 06-12-2018

(06-11-2018, 08:54 PM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: »
(06-11-2018, 07:49 PM)CJayoj Wrote: »

seconidng

Thirding

Fourthing.

RE: Lucidstuck II - Kooper - 06-13-2018

(06-11-2018, 07:59 PM)Will Phoenix Wrote: »

Thirding, but think of a way to get an overnight pass. Why not use the excuse of sleeping with Emily to her parents to get one?
Seconding Will Phoenix's command to make it
> Derrick: Recruit Emily, but make sure to explain the situation and see if she's cool with it. If she does, think of a way to get an overnight pass. Why not use the excuse of sleeping with Emily to her parents to get one?

RE: Lucidstuck II - enlightenedSage - 06-13-2018

"Why not use the excuse of sleeping with Emily to her parents to get one?" sounds a little creepy doesn't it?

Also hi! I'm SDFirion on Discord

RE: Lucidstuck II - Shadowfyst997 - 06-13-2018

This has no relevance to anything, but I just wanted to say I noticed the logo on the shooping bag Derrick had was IP Shop.

IP shop.

Intrepid Pioneer Shop.

Nice.

RE: Lucidstuck II - intrepidPioneer - 06-19-2018

SpoilerShow

Derrick: Recruit Emily, but make sure to explain the situation and see if she's cool with it

[Image: GOLlbp3.png]

Show ChatlogShow

Emily has been successfully recruited!

[Image: BsHznOg.png]

Show ChatlogShow

1. Be Emily
2. Go do some light reconnaissance