Eagle Time
Waterworks - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Cool Shit You Can Do (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Forum Adventures (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Waterworks (/showthread.php?tid=1413)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: Waterworks - GiovanH - 05-23-2018

> Let's just watch this movie.

RE: Waterworks - LuFa - 06-02-2018

[Image: 2751.png]

[Image: 2752.gif]

[Image: 2753.png]

[Image: 2754.png]

[Image: 2755.png]

[Image: 2756.png]

[Image: 2757.png]

[Image: 2758.png]

Ah. You've wasted your life.

[Image: 2759.png]

[Image: 2760.png]

[Image: 2761.png]

[Image: 2762.png]

[Image: 2763.png]

[Image: 2764.png]

[Image: 2765.png]

[Image: 2766.png]

RE: Waterworks - konstantin3001 - 06-02-2018

Oh wow, I love this update! No matter how long it took, THAT was worth it.
Ahem...

> Connie: Take responsibility

(Also, damn, she looks sweet with Mist's haircut. It suits her. Also, plumber Connie! I wander if there is a lumberjack Connie...)

RE: Waterworks - smuchmuch - 06-02-2018

(Wait is there a guy Connie near goth Connie here ? I get it fits with the all the possibl universe' theme were having but somewhat undermines a bit the 'branch from the same tree' argument going on. Same with lil Conie in the first row seat or old Connie.)

>Not exactly sure how comming to terms with the fact that you let one single breakup rule your entire life for years will change that much about the fact the hivemid turned your entire body into goo at this point but hey sure, bout time you came to grips with it.

RE: Waterworks - Unclever title - 06-03-2018

>First: Hi five lil kiddo-self for being totes adorable.
Then
>Take responsibility by the horns
and
>ACCEPT

RE: Waterworks - Rakned - 06-03-2018

> WHAT ABOUT SLICK

RE: Waterworks - typeandkey - 06-03-2018

>This seems like one of those eureka moments where you reach an epiphany and get a huge power boost while an inexplicable rock and roll song plays from nowhere.

RE: Waterworks - Fellow - 06-03-2018

>Accept that you ate peanut butter instead of waffles as breakfast this morning.

RE: Waterworks - Smurfton - 06-03-2018

Is that your Id over there?

RE: Waterworks - CSJ - 06-03-2018

>Guilt-tripping us into accepting the Hivemind? Really? You know what maybe he DESERVED it. Hell, what if it was him? People hurt people all the time. You've seen it. Hurting people doesn't make you special. You know what? Actually, you have changed, Miss Super-Ego-Tentacle-Bitch. Yeah, so what if we hurt people? We've done a lot since we entered that bloody waterworks. We SAVED that French guy. We didn't let him fall. We didn't let him die, even after we lashed out like you clearly want us to feel sorry about. Look all all these other Connies. None of them decided to go all goo-tentacle. None of them needed to surrender their existence. In fact, maybe we need to all decide what to do, as a collective self?

What do you think we should do, Connies?

=>Unite your consciousnesses and ASCEND

RE: Waterworks - smuchmuch - 06-03-2018

(I think you misunderstand, the superego is trying to mae Conie into move past the guilt of the fact she dumped her boyfriend and then let this sort of rule her life nd become the angry self concious emtionally unstable social awkwadnes that we know and love because it's that very feeling the hivemind is using againt her to crush her patry resistance againt it taking over her body.)

RE: Waterworks - juddy555 - 06-03-2018

If we take responsibility, where would it go in our inventory?

RE: Waterworks - Rakned - 06-04-2018

Considering things seem to have gotten a bit confusing, it might not hurt for somebody to do a bit of re-capping, or at least prepare a pseudo-summary of the current situation...

RE: Waterworks - Smurfton - 06-04-2018

Rakned, that already happened.
https://eagle-time.org/showthread.php?tid=1413&pid=200520#pid200520

RE: Waterworks - zobot257 - 06-14-2018

Hey, you know, I think something just clicked for me.

The times CC’s had brief flashes of the world around her were all at moments when her individuality and emotions pushed at the situation in a way the Hivemind didn’t expect.

The situation with the motorcycle crash, for example, broke the romantic, lovey-dovey situation with LL that the Hivemind was trying to enforce for long enough to get a flash of consciousness.

Then, there was the situation with the crying girl at the club. This was when the Hivemind’s initial plan really started going off the rails: It actually lost control of the situation when it drank the drink cool-CC brought over (To the point of letting Connie express lucidity where she destroyed the whole city and started learning how she could make things in her own mindscape!)

And then there was the interactions of ID and Ego vs. the Hivemind. Which, while it didn’t go the way we wanted, revealed a key detail: The Hivemind wants processing power and understanding of the human condition, not emotions and feelings and the mushy stuff.

It’s had this much trouble with one Connie already. What happens if it had to deal with every Connie along every timeline?

Suggestions:

>Connie: Accept.

>Connie: With this added knowledge of what your past self did when she could see every one of her timelines, cast off the shackles of society-enforced identity and become the nietzschean All-Connie.

or alternately:

>Connie: Embrace the Con-Head and host ConnieCon, the greatest amagalamation of different expressions of Connie that there ever was, is, and will be, with different panels, games, DDR (For some reason) and so much exploration of feelings that a logical entity created to consume may be overwhelmed and drowned out by it.

RE: Waterworks - konstantin3001 - 06-14-2018

I'm kind of scared of the version of Connie that wears Slick's helmet and wields the Flush's knife, cause I can really see some of the readers suggesting CC to go full psycho and wear/wield the trophies of the blue boys she killed.

RE: Waterworks - Unclever title - 06-14-2018

(06-14-2018, 12:42 PM)zobot257 Wrote: »>Connie: Embrace the Con-Head and host ConnieCon, the greatest amagalamation of different expressions of Connie that there ever was, is, and will be, with different panels, games, DDR (For some reason) and so much exploration of feelings that a logical entity created to consume may be overwhelmed and drowned out by it.

>Invite all your alt-selves to your party.

RE: Waterworks - LuFa - 06-15-2018

(06-03-2018, 07:57 AM)typeandkey Wrote: »>This seems like one of those eureka moments where you reach an epiphany and get a huge power boost while an inexplicable rock and roll song plays from nowhere.

[Image: 2767.png]

...Yeah, this must be the part where you just have to believe in yourself and find some kind of inner power that will help you save the day, right?

You just don't care any more. You willingly let yourself fall behind in this stupid race called life. They're all gone. They're not coming back.

Let's get on with it. Whatever it is you're supposed to be doing. Bah.

[Image: 2768.png]

You realize the power of your LEVEL ZERO EMOTECH: ACCEPTANCE.

You don't have to feel good about it. The point is that what happened, happened. It's time to move on. Time to move forwards. After all, the only way for anyone to follow their dreams, is to start!

Thanks to this EMOTECH, you will have no problems integrating yourself into the hivemind's stream of consciousness.

[Image: 2769.gif]

[Image: 2770.gif]

RE: Waterworks - GuardianTempest - 06-15-2018

>Get comfortable, if you're gonna join the hivemind's collective consciousness, then you're not gonna settle for constant suffering.
>Encounter your ex-boyfriend, who happens to be chilling nearby.
>Mental landscape: Turn out to be a lot less worse than you imagined.

RE: Waterworks - konstantin3001 - 06-15-2018

> Continue existing despite everything.

RE: Waterworks - Ten11 - 06-15-2018

Huh.
So i guess when the hivemind put Connie in her worst memory, it was actually trying to (in a twisted, purely selfish way) help her get over it. It makes sense that a hivemind can't integrate with somebody with lots of internal conflict, since the whole definition of a hivemind is multiple minds acting as one.
...and that's basically outright stated on this page https://mspfa.com/?s=43&p=1057
It's gotta suck when character development is what kills you.

RE: Waterworks - zobot257 - 06-15-2018

Well FUCK.

Guess that’s game. This was fun while it lasted...

RE: Waterworks - Fellow - 06-15-2018

>You know this may be one of those things you're better off not accepting, like being on fire.
>Rage counter her in the face.

RE: Waterworks - typeandkey - 06-15-2018

>It might be too late now, but if you were able to absorb the hivemind instead of the other way around, you could keep your sense of being and get all the hivemind's powers as a bonus. Could've been useful. Oh well, good luck.

RE: Waterworks - zobot257 - 06-15-2018

Yeah, seriously, fuck. We screwed up. Never should have trusted anything that’s all gooey.

At this point, there’s a few options I could see for the story going:

1) Connie’s truly gone, game over.

I could see this if Lufa’s treating this pretty strictly as a game rather than as a storytelling medium. I’d say like 35% likely.

2) Connie’s truly gone, switch to another character for POV going forward

At this point it’d likely be Slick, who probably feels pretty bad about what happened to Connie. We might see Slick as the next POV character for a bit, just to build up tension or something, but I say switching to him permanently is unliekly IMHO. 15% likely. That being said, if this happens, Slick might still be able to kill the Goo by detonating what amounts to a water bomb on it. Or something.

3) Connie’s not truely gone, story enters endgame with Connie trying to recover herself from within the Goo.

Could be, could be. It does seem like we’re getting to a plot event horizon of sorts, where there’s really no returning back to the status quo of before the Hivemind. Even if Connie escaped her own head, that is. 60% likely.

4) Connie’s not truely gone, there’s something else going on here that’ll help her out we aren’t seeing yet that’s going to come into play.

Oh, there’s UNDOUBTEDLY something else going on. But whether it’s going to be a good development or not is debatable. 40% likely.

Yeah, these percentages don’t end up at 100%. so sue me. Regardless of what happens, I’m starting to believe anything’s possible. Good show, Lufa!