Eagle Time
Waterworks - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Cool Shit You Can Do (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Forum Adventures (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Waterworks (/showthread.php?tid=1413)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: Waterworks - konstantin3001 - 04-04-2018

> Behold your superego, see what's it made of! Try beholding in slow motion.

RE: Waterworks - smuchmuch - 04-04-2018

> So when I'm seeing you with the tentacle am I seeing you reflecting my current apparence or and overlay of all of them over time ? ... Because if it's the later, I'm a little creeped out.

>If I'min a four dimensional represntation of my own mind, could I actualy see what I will rememeber int he future ? Because that sounds like a usefull thing to try.

RE: Waterworks - Unclever title - 04-05-2018

>Wait this doesn't add up. If she's only as smart as you are how could she possibly show you something you can't perceive?

RE: Waterworks - smuchmuch - 04-05-2018

(No, no it make a certain sense from what she said.
You /can/ percieve it, in fact that's what happened to Connie, what you can't is fully integrate it in a way that wouldn't complelty overload the brain. Think of it like the four dimensional mental equivalent of getting an epieptic seizure from seeing too many flashing stroboscopic lights. So it make sense that you would block the memories to protect the mind.

Since the superego is, like the id, a manifestation of the unconcious, she's acting like a filter between your ego and the repressed memories.)

RE: Waterworks - LuFa - 04-08-2018

(04-04-2018, 06:55 AM)typeandkey Wrote: »>Do the tunes sound any different? This is vital information.

[Image: 2725.gif]

You're not really sure. What you're hearing sounds like every moment from every song that had ever existed, simultaneously... Which ultimately boils down to plain ol' noise. That, combined with the flashing MP3 player in front of you, is starting to make your head hurt a little bit.

[Image: 2726.gif]

Wait, parallel universes? What?

[Image: 2727.gif]

Suddenly, not only do you see the entirety of your MP3 player, but also every point in existence that has been occupied by your MP3 player, as well as every point in existence that will or potentially will be occupied by your MP3 player.

You can see your MP3 player.

No, you can really see your MP3 player.

You have never seen anything before like the way you are seeing your MP3 player.

SpoilerShow

RE: Waterworks - Fellow - 04-09-2018

>Theorize that you could use this knowledge to traverse the world without having to jump as much.

RE: Waterworks - Unclever title - 04-09-2018

>Remember... what now? Why is there a pile of MP3 players on the floor? Why does your mouth taste like static?

(Those were some spectacular visual affects!)

RE: Waterworks - juddy555 - 04-09-2018

>Gain new skill! BEHOLD
>Gain new skill! HORF
They go hand in hand

RE: Waterworks - konstantin3001 - 04-09-2018

> Still, you've never seen those components to be built in something else except mp3 player. There is an infinite potential for them and seeing them all... I guess, she tried to tone the infinity a bit down for your sanity. That's nice of her, you guess?

> Take the players, though.

RE: Waterworks - typeandkey - 04-09-2018

>Trying to fill the mysterious mentor roll or not, melting your brain was uncalled for. Sock her in the jaw.

RE: Waterworks - The One Guy - 04-09-2018

> Despite everything, you can't help but be impressed at the alternate reality where your MP3 player gains sentience and tries to take over the world.

RE: Waterworks - Rakned - 04-10-2018

> Connie: Ask what Ms. Sludgefreak over there wants from you.

RE: Waterworks - MirrorMirrorMan - 04-11-2018

>Ok, now that I have consumed knowledge of the incomprehensible and found out that it does not sit well with me, what did I see in the blank space of my memory that was like this?

RE: Waterworks - konstantin3001 - 04-13-2018

Happy 413!

RE: Waterworks - LuFa - 04-16-2018

(04-11-2018, 12:23 AM)MirrorMirrorMan Wrote: »>Ok, now that I have consumed knowledge of the incomprehensible and found out that it does not sit well with me, what did I see in the blank space of my memory that was like this?

[Image: 2732.png]

[Image: 2733.png]

Yes, let's get on with this then. You hope she starts making some real sense, because you don't exactly have much to go on right now.

[Image: 2734.png]

Well, not quite. According to her, you had everything to go on. Apparently.

[Image: 2735.png]

So, while you were in that puddle, you were able to see everything. Your superego is showing this to you in the form of many floating strips of film, each one cataloguing all of the events in their given timeline. Guess that explains the theatre.

What was really happening, of course, was similar to that whole bit with your MP3 player. It's just that back then, you were in a place that afforded you an infinite capacity to comprehend the infinite time and the infinite space.

[Image: 2736.png]

Despite being omnipresent, you're still you. The current timeline was in front of you, so you grabbed it and took a look at yourself.

(You and yourself are now watching yourself watch yourself. A lot of these words don't even look like words any more.)

[Image: 2737.png]

...You did this for a while.

[Image: 2738.png]

You sincerely hope this is going somewhere - You're starting to get impatient. It's clear that your superego is trying to offer you some form of enlightenment... but you're not seeing it. You reviewed your entire life. So what?

Despite this all being in your mind, there is still the very real concern of the hivemind finding you again...

SpoilerShow

RE: Waterworks - eerr - 04-16-2018

>If you are seeing your life pass before your eyes, is this a near death experience?

RE: Waterworks - Unclever title - 04-16-2018

>So you reviewed your entire life... did that spark any epiphanies? Deep seated regrets? Soul affirming resolve? Or just the usual vague sense of disappointment?

RE: Waterworks - Clownmask Clock - 04-16-2018

>Be that other Connie on the screen.

SpoilerShow

RE: Waterworks - Smurfton - 04-16-2018

Ask what part of your timeline you're looking at.

RE: Waterworks - juddy555 - 04-16-2018

>CC: Did you look in the past, or the future?

RE: Waterworks - GuardianTempest - 04-16-2018

>Wait, consider the damages you might've done earlier.

RE: Waterworks - typeandkey - 04-16-2018

>Oh yeah. Hey Connie, you're in a theater with a film playing. You better get your relatively intelligent phone out. Someone's got to do it, it's a natural law.

RE: Waterworks - smuchmuch - 04-16-2018

Quote: >Oh yeah. Hey Connie, you're in a theater with a film playing. You better get your relatively intelligent phone out. Someone's got to do it, it's a natural law.

>This is a selfish, thoughtless and annoying action ! . this sound like a job for the Id to reform and join you !
>Id: Ask for popcorn and tease on the superego during the whole movie.

RE: Waterworks - CSJ - 04-16-2018

>So, that date. Those were real experiences generated by some kind of Connie singularity?

If there are infinite Connies, why can't we all kick all of the hivemind's infinite asses?

RE: Waterworks - Rakned - 04-16-2018

> CC: Ask how long you spent watching your own life play out, and whether you found anything interesting when you did.