Eagle Time
Firmament - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Cool Shit You Can Do (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Forum Adventures (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Firmament (/showthread.php?tid=2791)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Firmament - Vic - 01-09-2018

Don't eat them. They know things.

> What does having a blue soul mean?

RE: Firmament - Fellow - 01-09-2018

>Take the neutral route and give the blue soul your most well manered lick.

RE: Firmament - Justice Watch - 01-10-2018

okay if we're being real tho, we should explain that we have no idea what's going on

RE: Firmament - Sunspider - 01-10-2018

(01-09-2018, 04:26 AM)FlanDab Wrote: »No EAT! Friends are not food, even when they're still a stranger to you.
(01-09-2018, 12:09 PM)wiltingMyosotis Wrote: »> NO CRONCH CRONCH IS NO GOOD WHY CANT WE BE FRIENDS

Friends?

Oh yeah. Friends. Beings you don't harm, and whom you trust not to harm you. An alliance of shared goals, support, and understanding. One that probably doesn't allow for eating one another?

Well, unless they say it's okay first.

[Image: options.png]

Still, it's like eating something. You combine your strengths into one whole. Only, in this case, they don't stop existing as a being separate from you. That autonomy is risky... they have the freedom to leave, or even take advantage of you! But if they remain loyal, you can do things together that you couldn't alone.

Maybe there are other advantages to friendship, too. Hmm. Perhaps you won't eat this Blue Stranger, but instead make them your Blue Friend.

...though how should you do that, you wonder?

(01-09-2018, 02:22 AM)a52 Wrote: »Try wrapping your tail around them just in case they try to escape. They are a blue soul after all, they can't be trusted.

Good point. You can't make a stranger into a friend, if they run away from you. You quickly stretch out your tail, and coil it around theirs.

[Image: grab.png]

As you make contact, you feel the chilly glow of freshly-remembered guilt flowing into your tail. Is this what Blue Souls are known for? Feeling guilty?

Looks like you're already getting to know your future friend.

Blue Friend(?): W-what? What are you trying to do?

(01-09-2018, 01:55 AM)Arcanuse Wrote: »Talking. Yes. Attempting of the communications. Not other things.

Blue Friend(?): ...other things?
(01-09-2018, 01:55 AM)Arcanuse Wrote: »So.
Limbo is a place of passing, yes?
Yet, this would be my first incarnation, then.

Blue Friend(?): What do you mean this is your f-first incarnation? Is that even... how can someone still be...

...what ARE you?

(01-09-2018, 01:55 AM)Arcanuse Wrote: »I am what I am, and what I am is I.
But, when time has passed, we will no longer be I, but a different me?
Existing has so many fascinating things to learn.

Blue Friend(?): Uh... yeah! Yeah, it's, uh... living and dying sure is a thing! Wow. Anyway, I've got places to be, so...

...can you let me go?

(01-09-2018, 04:26 AM)FlanDab Wrote: »Where are we going?

Blue Friend(?): W-we?

I, uh... we are Transmigrating. Reincarnating into new mortal lives. Or I guess you're just... incarnating? Somehow?

Uh, but we gotta go through this Big Swirling Purple Rift to get there. What happens after, I can't really remember. Just know that's where we're going. Yep. Gotta go there.

So how about you just... let me go? Haha?

The vaguely guilty memories flowing from where you're holding the Blue Soul's tail have faded. They've been replaced by fresh feelings of panic. You can feel the Blue Soul flinching slightly, every time you move.

This Friendship is going poorly. Maybe this was a bad idea.

You tighten your grip, and pull them closer.

[Image: loom.png]

Blue Friend(?): Oh stars please don't eat me please just let me go please please please....
(01-09-2018, 02:54 AM)SeaWyrm Wrote: »This one has valuable information, and could provide companionship.

Blue Friend(?): ... I've gone through a lot this past life and I just want to move on and try again so please...

...wait, what?

(01-09-2018, 10:08 PM)Fellow Wrote: »>Take the neutral route and give the blue soul your most well manered lick.

[Image: lick.png]

You lick the Blue Soul, to demonstrate your mastery of Friendship and Manners.

They taste very confused.

RE: Firmament - ☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ - 01-10-2018

now eat them

RE: Firmament - a52 - 01-10-2018

That is exactly what I was hoping for when I saw somebody post the lick command after I posted mine.

So really, what's the deal here?

RE: Firmament - gloomyMoron - 01-10-2018

> "Friend taste confused."
> "Have acted wrongly?
> "Grasping not greeting? Oh! Shaking."
> Shake 'Bluey's' tail with your own in a quick, firm, but agreeable manner.

RE: Firmament - sprïly - 01-10-2018

Hmm.... Guilty. Give them a chance to explain themselves, but say that you reserve the right to judge them truly guilty, and thus, worthy of being eaten at a later date.

RE: Firmament - Vic - 01-10-2018

> Why are you guilty?

Also, let the blue go. Friends are established through mutual agreement, this is forced and therefore not friendship.

RE: Firmament - SeaWyrm - 01-10-2018

>You're confused too! You're confused over whether you should eat them or not! So that's something in common. Tell them about this thing the two of you have in common.

RE: Firmament - BananaPanda - 01-10-2018

Do not let the blue friend go, not until we have truly bonded to the point that we are one being, we must not lose this resource as it may turn useful in many circumstances.

RE: Firmament - Justice Watch - 01-10-2018

See if you can drag blue friend along to see another dot friend

RE: Firmament - Myeth - 01-10-2018

>Lets drag em along!! Theyre pal now

RE: Firmament - Arcanuse - 01-10-2018

>Question.
>From tone, there is strangeness.
>Much time has passed since first wave of incarnations, yes?
>And new souls, such that is I, are not common.
>Is life in stagnation?
>Number of souls should go up or down, not stay same.
>Stable yes, healthy yes, but stagnant.
>Where is decay? Growth?
>Creation of new soulnesses and finishing of expired?

>...
>Where is oldest soul?
>First incarnated.
>Are they soul right of the now, or reincarnated at this unit of time?

RE: Firmament - Sunspider - 01-12-2018

[Image: recoil.png]

(01-10-2018, 04:40 AM)gloomyMoron Wrote: »Friend taste confused.

Blue Friend(?): ...h'wuzzah?
(01-10-2018, 04:40 AM)gloomyMoron Wrote: »Have acted wrongly?

Blue Friend(?): Have you... wrong...?
(01-10-2018, 04:38 AM)a52 Wrote: »So really, what's the deal here?

Blue Friend(?): O-okay, can we stop for a second?

You've clearly got questions. I mean, you would, since you've... never existed before? But you're all over the place! Even the way you're talking. Your voice...

Sheesh, and did you seriously just LICK me?!? What was that about!

Awkward Silence Wrote:...

Blue Friend(?): Uh, that aside... would you let me go? I did say that I didn't want to be alone, but this wasn't what I had in mind.

I need some space. Please.

(01-10-2018, 05:17 AM)Vic Wrote: »let the blue go. Friends are established through mutual agreement, this is forced and therefore not friendship.

That's true. A friendship should be a mutually-beneficial agreement. Before you grab a friend, you should always make sure it's okay first. You let go of the Blue Soul. They drift a short distance away, and press their tail gingerly against their head.

To remind yourself to do better in the future, you make a mental Friendship Scorecard. May as well give yourself half a point for effort, too. It's not much, but it's a start.

[Image: hud.gif]

Blue Friend(?): That's better. Thanks.

To answer your first question... yeah, this has been weird. On a few levels. I honestly don't know what to think of you? Or the way you're acting. Still, I know you don't want to hurt me.

Uh, speaking of which. Earlier, when you... licked me? Like a weirdo? I could feel that you didn't really want to hurt me. And that you were basically just as confused as I am? That's hasn't happened, when I've come into contact with other Souls before. Just... more of your weirdness, I guess? Frankly, I feel like I should be the one asking you what's going on. But I bet you have no idea either, do you?

Where do we even start?

(01-10-2018, 04:35 AM)Wheat Wrote: »Hey, what's your name?

And, uh, what's mine?

Blue Friend(?): Heh... I guess that's as good a place to start as any. Souls don't really have names, though. Names are for the living. If we want to get a particular Soul's attention, we just do it by color. "Hey you, Green Soul!" Something like that. And if there's a few Souls with the same color, we'd describe their Spiritual Sigil too.

That's... uh, the mark on our heads.

So yeah, you could call me "Cerulean Cross". Or just Blue. And I might call you... I guess Pastel Circle? Rainbow Dot? Even though that mouth on your Aspect makes you look like more of a Rainbow Snake.

The Blue Soul... Cerulean, you suppose?

Even if they don't know you, they definitely know more about Limbo and Souls than you do. You may as well ask some more questions.

(01-10-2018, 07:19 AM)Arcanuse Wrote: »Question.

Cerulean: Sure. What else were you wondering about?
(01-10-2018, 07:19 AM)Arcanuse Wrote: »Much time has passed since first wave of incarnations, yes?
And new souls, such that is I, are not common.
Is life in stagnation?
Number of souls should go up or down, not stay same.
Stable yes, healthy yes, but stagnant.
Where is decay? Growth?
Creation of new soulnesses and finishing of expired?

Cerulean: See, this is what I was talking about earlier! I mean... talking to you, sometimes I feel like I'm talking to different people? One second, you're confused about things like... Basic Person Behavior? The next, you're brokenly going on about the nature of the universe?

...anyway, yeah. Time did start a long time ago. Existence, I mean. And Souls have been incarnating, living, and dying since then. I can't say where Souls come from, or where they go after they're done? Different folks have different ideas on why that happens, or what the point is. All I know is that it happens. And I didn't live the way I wanted to, last time. So I'm going to head into that Purple Rift, and try again.

(01-10-2018, 05:17 AM)Vic Wrote: »Why are you guilty?

Cerulean: E-excuse me?

Oh... I bet you felt that when you grabbed me, didn't you...

I, uh... I don't feel guilty over anything I did here in Limbo. I've just been thinking about things I did during my last life. Or, I guess, some things I should have done, but didn't. Sorry if I was awkward when I was saying hi, by the way. I was still kinda preoccupied with my last life. Anyway, unless it's important, I'd rather talk about something else. Trying to look forward, instead of back, you know?

(01-10-2018, 07:19 AM)Arcanuse Wrote: »...
Where is oldest soul?
First incarnated.
Are they soul right of the now, or reincarnated at this unit of time?

Cerulean: Haha... from stuff I don't want to talk about, to stuff I can't answer, huh? There's no way I could know where every soul is, or who they all are! Besides, I was more of a... soldier in my last life? And I wasn't very religious either. This really isn't my area of expertise.

If there still is an oldest Soul around, and they aren't some kind of God? Who knows where they are. Or even what they are. But, some Souls hang out here in Limbo for a while, just doing whatever. Others hurry through the Rift and Reincarnate right away.

[Image: space.png]

Cerulean: Speaking of which, I kinda want to start heading toward the Rift again. You're welcome to come with me. If you want to, of course! And if you don't... try not to cause any more trouble. Okay?

RE: Firmament - Arcanuse - 01-12-2018

SpoilerShow

RE: Firmament - SeaWyrm - 01-12-2018

>"What if, instead of you going into the rift, I were to eat you? Would that be okay?"

RE: Firmament - Vic - 01-12-2018

> Is it likely that we will meet new friends by staying?

RE: Firmament - Reyweld - 01-12-2018

Can we reincarnate together? That could be fun!

RE: Firmament - The One Guy - 01-12-2018

> What I'm trying to say is that I'm hungry, is there anything to eat around here?

RE: Firmament - Myeth - 01-12-2018

(01-12-2018, 03:54 AM)bigro Wrote: »can i eat the rift?

Please we are so hungry

RE: Firmament - SeaWyrm - 01-12-2018

>Chew on own tail

RE: Firmament - FlanDab - 01-13-2018

>How does reincarnating feel like?

RE: Firmament - Sunspider - 01-13-2018

(01-12-2018, 03:58 AM)Wheat Wrote: »sure, travel with them for a while.

You let Cerulean know you want to keep travelling with them. They seem happy to hear it.

[Image: together.png]

Together, you head off in the direction of the purple Rift. You're not sure if you want to go through it. At least not yet. But the Blue Soul seems to know things you don't. Perhaps it is good to keep them close.

After floating for a bit, Cerulean speaks up.

Cerulean: Hey... Rainbow?

Whether or not you want to Reincarnate right now, I wanted to say. I appreciate the company. Most Souls would be too preoccupied. And I'll admit... I think your weirdness is fun to puzzle over, too.

Anyway, I know this whole Soul thing is new and confusing for you, so feel free to ask questions as we go. I'll answer what I can. If I can help you figure out your situation, I'd be happy to.

(01-12-2018, 02:50 AM)Arcanuse Wrote: »Theory have I am of the do.

Cerulean: You... have a theory? Oh, about your situation, you mean! What is it? I'm curious.
(01-12-2018, 02:50 AM)Arcanuse Wrote: »Not normal soul. Not being of the oneness. Instead, am much of the scraps. Loose bits of soul all in togetherness, smooshed! Pieces meant for the leaving behind, not of the wholeness. Some bits be bigger pieces here, big enough to of the thinking. Sometimes burble upwards and do of the talking, yes?

[Image: pieces.png]

Cerulean: So... you think you're made of pieces of Souls? Interesting. I guess that would explain all the colors! And the sudden shifts in the way you talk and act too, I guess. I don't know whether or not this is possible, but it is a good theory.

Still, if you are some kind of Patchwork Soul... where'd your patches come from? I mean... doesn't that raise some pretty grisly implications?

(01-12-2018, 02:50 AM)Arcanuse Wrote: »It is much of the fascinating, more than bit of spookyness too.

Cerulean: I'll say. Would that mean Souls can just lose pieces of themselves? And if so, do those just clump together into confused new Souls like you? Or is someone intentionally taking parts of natural, healthy Souls?

Er, sorry, that came out wrong. I'm not saying you're unnatural! You're just... you're proposing quite the little mystery.

I wonder how that might affect Reincarnation. Could a Patchwork Soul like that even live a mortal life, without falling apart?

(01-12-2018, 02:50 AM)Arcanuse Wrote: »If this is of the true, we have little natural muchness in world. A wholeness of many bits and bobs glued together as one.

Will biggest piece win, become whole in new life?

Cerulean: I mean, I'd hope you'd be a bit more put-together afterward. Living ought to iron out some of these quirky speech patterns at least, haha!

Seriously though, if you ever do make the trip through the Rift, I think you'll do fine. Whatever happens. If for no other reason, mortal life is good for helping us learn and grow.

(01-13-2018, 02:51 AM)FlanDab Wrote: »How does reincarnating feel like?

Cerulean: Okay, this is going to sound silly, but I don't know. I know I've done it a great many times by now, but I don't remember what it's like. I cross through the Rift... and next thing I remember are early childhood memories!

If you were worried, I bet that's a small comfort... but that's just how it goes.

(01-12-2018, 03:05 AM)Reyweld Wrote: »Can we reincarnate together? That could be fun!

Cerulean: Oh? Do you mean you want to Reincarnate at the same time as me? Or are you saying that you... want to spend time together in our next life?

I mean, it's a nice thought, either way... but...

[Image: rift.png]

Cerulean: The thing is? Once we cross into the Rift and reincarnate, we won't remember much about our time as Souls. Or each other. It's the same way Souls only remember the particulars of their most recent life; living or dead, we generally only keep echoes of the further past. And if you really are some kind of Patchwork Soul, who knows how that might affect your memory...

But next time we pass on, maybe we will still remember each other? We could always meet up here between lives. Trade stories? Catch up? I would like to know how your first life works out. But, even if we don't remember each other? I'm still happy for you. You get to have a truly fresh start...

At this, Cerulean trails off. You continue your journey in silence. You draw closer to the Rift, and as you do, you see more and more lights around you. More Souls, gathering in the general vicinity of the Rift, you suppose?

(01-12-2018, 02:50 AM)Arcanuse Wrote: »Not much of the else out here but souls, yes?

Cerulean: Well, not just Souls. There are some things out here in Limbo. For one, some Souls aren't ready to move on. Some are even fed up with mortal life, would you believe it? Those types like to get together, and do things to pass the time. They chat, reenact events, build Constructs from their memories... little pieces of the worlds they knew. Sometimes groups make little cities in Limbo, to hang out in with other Souls like they did when they were alive. Or sometimes, they just make places to linger in, alone.

Frankly, though? That all seems pretty... navel-gazey, and self-indulgent. It isn't really my scene.

(01-12-2018, 02:50 AM)SeaWyrm Wrote: »What if...

Cerulean: ...hmm? "What if" what?
(01-12-2018, 02:56 AM)Vic Wrote: »...is it likely that we will meet new friends by staying?

Cerulean: That sounded like a change of subject... but sure. You or I might meet some other friendly Souls by staying in Limbo. But there's no guarantee any of us will even remember after the next life. And that... I mean, isn't it...

Don't you think it's a bit of a waste? Why bother reaching out to someone else, when nothing is sure to last...

Awkward Silence Wrote:...

Cerulean: Anyway, you started asking a "What if" earlier. Is that all you wanted to ask me?
More Awkward Silence Wrote:...

Cerulean: Whatever's on your mind... you can say it. I'm listening.
(01-12-2018, 02:50 AM)SeaWyrm Wrote: »What if, instead of you going into the rift...

[Image: surprise.png]

Cerulean: Y-yes?
(01-12-2018, 02:50 AM)SeaWyrm Wrote: »What if, instead of you going into the rift, I were to eat you?
Would that be okay?

Cerulean: What?!? No! No, that would not be okay! My stars, I thought you were about to ask if we could...

...I thought that would've been obvious by now!

(01-12-2018, 03:54 AM)bigro Wrote: »Can i eat the rift?

Cerulean: Ughhhh... of course not! The Rift is much bigger than you! And... it's not even solid. It's more like a hole that pulls things close, and...

...wait. Wait a minute. Did you just... are you having a laugh?

(01-12-2018, 04:30 PM)The One Guy Wrote: »What I'm trying to say is that I'm hungry. Is there anything to eat around here?

Cerulean: You were serious, just now...

[Image: facetail.png]

Cerulean: Well fine. Yes, last time I was here in Limbo, I vaguely remember a place. Some Soul's Construct, floating near the Rift. A "Cafe" for transmigrant Souls. We don't exactly have bodies nor any need to eat, and any food there would just be another make-believe Construct... but I imagine they have things that are meant to be eaten there.

I'm pretty eager to Reincarnate at this point, though, so I'd rather not make the stop. I'm certain you could find it on your own.

(01-12-2018, 06:34 PM)Myeth Wrote: »Please we are so hungry

Cerulean: ...

(01-12-2018, 08:03 PM)SeaWyrm Wrote: »>Chew on own tail

[Image: ouroboros.png]

You twist and loop around, and eventually manage to bite onto your own tail. Nibbling on it doesn't fill your non-existent stomach, but it seems to make a point. Cerulean watches your ordeal in exasperated silence for a moment, before letting out a sigh.

Despite not having any, you get the distinct impression they are rolling their eyes.

Cerulean: Oh, fine... come on, you oaf. I'll bring you to that Cafe. I'm going that direction anyway. But that doesn't mean I'm sticking around to get chummy with the locals! I just don't want you flying around the Rift chewing on people, and making a whole scene. Someone's got to keep the rest of Limbo safe from you.

Barely waiting for you to follow, Cerulean heads off at a slightly different trajectory than before. You travel quickly now, and in silence. Seems they want to waste no time. The Blue Soul guides you toward a green light, bigger and brighter than the rest. Before long, the distant point of light has resolved itself into a faintly glowing structure not so far from the Rift, with a sign overhead.

[Image: cafe.png]

Cerulean: Well, here you are. Enjoy.

RE: Firmament - Fellow - 01-13-2018

Do many souls is eating of difference souls?
Had afraid, yes?

>Start eating the cafe.