Eagle Time
join me on my quest for peace of mind - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: BAWK BAWK (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+---- Forum: [no title] (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+---- Thread: join me on my quest for peace of mind (/showthread.php?tid=1578)

Pages: 1 2

RE: join me on my quest for peace of mind - OrangeAipom - 05-06-2016

i talk nonstop about "hey look at this" "i see it" "thank you"

i could teach you

RE: join me on my quest for peace of mind - Kitet - 05-06-2016

i'm not sure how much it'd help. i can't change the way i am right now

and it doesn't make any difference to me if other people are going "look at this art i found" "it's nice" to each other about my art considering i never, ever hear about them. if someone paints a tree in the forest and no one else sees it and they didn't get anything out of the experience, then it was a waste of time imo

anyway i'm going to bed good night

(05-06-2016, 05:08 AM)KittenEater Wrote: »and it doesn't make any difference to me if other people are going "look at this art i found" "it's nice" to each other about my art

i wasn't even talking about that you think I was talkon about me showing people your art I don't even know you no I'm talking about having nothing to talk about but my own shit cartoons because I'm so self absored

I was offering to teach you my methods but I'm not sure you're worth bothering with

Also I haven't rly read the dad thread so maybe I'm missing something

(05-06-2016, 09:44 AM)Wheat Wrote: »I mean it makes sense what you're doing, it just feels like you're trying to fix your problem the less ideal way by cutting yourself off from things that you used to like, but don't now for Reasons.
yeah, i'm aware.

(05-06-2016, 09:44 AM)Wheat Wrote: »
Show Content
yeah, it makes sense, i know i have to get out of this house. i just can't yet, so i need to find ways to feel okay in the meantime.

if it helps, i guess i could try to describe what was specifically bugging me yesterday? since you said you don't know what's going on with my art situation.
to put it shortly, on aywas i'm generally competing for peoples attention and money with my art skills, and i'm not good at it.
Show Content

I MEAN THERE'S, a lot more stuff that sets me off than what i put in that last spoiler. pretty much any time i see some really well-composed draws, it makes me start trying to analyze how they did it, and whether or not i can figure out what they did, i realize that my art style isn't very distinctive or even consistent, it changes a lot? and i don't practice anything and i can't make myself practice... it's frustrating

i just bring up the aywas stuff because it feels more concrete.

Ah yeah just dont go to a was that sounds good

it'ssss stillllll the only place i'm making money thoughhhhhhh even though it's not very much money, not very oftennnnnn

i could probably be getting more recognition and making more money if i just worked harder. i mean, obviously :y

ACTUALLY THAT REMINDS ME??? of something i realized The Most Popular Artist on that site is pulling off??? ohhh man ohhh gosh, it's gonna be hard to keep it short while getting enough detail to make it coherent to non-aywas-users, but here goes

Show Content

Where do I get it punched

RE: join me on my quest for peace of mind - OrangeAipom - 05-07-2016

*punches my own ticket with my fist*

RE: join me on my quest for peace of mind - Kitet - 05-07-2016

my irl friend took me practice driving today, it was super scary but it feels good to get some real practice in after a while.

anyway i'm thinking about aywas stuff and some possible other money-job i could take there and starting to get actually excited for it??? it'll probably fade by tomorrow though. i could technically apply to it right now if i wanted to, but i think i wanna get some stuff ready ahead of time.

i'm really bad at this "stop looking at art" thing even though technically i could apply and do this thing with minimal art-viewing, since it's just me putting my stuff out there.

i'm half-convinced it's a bad idea but i still wanna try it.
(9 uncolored pet bases in two weeks, if i get accepted. idk if i can work that fast but making uncolored bases is fun for me.)

(05-07-2016, 02:35 AM)Wheat Wrote: »
(05-07-2016, 12:14 AM)OrangeAipom Wrote: »*punches my own ticket with my fist*
[Image: jvNkFtb.png]
¡Ñów yóú'ré óút óf líñé!

this thread isn't about me it's about kitet have some compassion

to be fair, i have like, 5 hawkspace threads about me already, 's kind of a bad habit

RE: join me on my quest for peace of mind - OTTO - 05-07-2016

You must be registered to view this content.

(05-07-2016, 02:53 AM)KittenEater Wrote: »to be fair, i have like, 5 hawkspace threads about me already, 's kind of a bad habit

i don't want to read about your dad though so this place is good. reading about your dad is not something i could handle, most likely. here i understand how stressful it is to do art for a living, now that i know that you do it for a living.

yeah, my dad's stressful to take in, especially in a concentrated dose like the thread i made.

also yeah i guess i do art for a living?? it's more like, i do art for pocket change, currently. I'd really like to do art for a living, since it's kind of my only skill right now, but since I'm living with my dad it's not urgent that I make money to live off of.

money's important tho, and being able to make money on my own is important. I need to be able to support myself... which is why I'm also job-hunting around where I live, actually. That's not too related to the topic tho.

but yeah, haha, it turns out it's kinda stressful when you start to gauge the worth of your art in dollars and you realize it's only worth buying at all, much less at a decent amount, to a drastically small amount of people! haha!

RE: join me on my quest for peace of mind - Kitet - 05-13-2016

I've actually been feeling better recently, not for any particular reason as far as I can tell??? but good enough that I didn't cut myself off from anywhere yet, really.

I'm just posting because this:

(05-06-2016, 06:34 PM)KittenEater Wrote: »ACTUALLY THAT REMINDS ME??? of something i realized The Most Popular Artist on that site is pulling off??? ohhh man ohhh gosh, it's gonna be hard to keep it short while getting enough detail to make it coherent to non-aywas-users, but here goes

Show Content

the stuff that subscribers to that bundle thing got for the month of May got posted on tumblr, here.
Everyone subscribed to this persons thread for this month got 1 (one) use each of those uncolored pets, which they can color for themselves, plus I guess a copy of those horns for the Human Avatar thing, plus three lucky subscribers might also get one of those colored pets, ready to upload. To be honest, 20 bucks for 5 uncolored pet designs from this artist, plus a little bonus, isn't bad at all.

I don't really have a point to make with all this, I just wanted to talk about it.