Eagle Time
Is Undertale the new Homestuck? - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: BAWK BAWK (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+---- Forum: Hawkspace (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+---- Thread: Is Undertale the new Homestuck? (/showthread.php?tid=1029)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Is Steven Universe the new Homestuck? - OTTO - 10-26-2015

You must be registered to view this content.

RE: Is Steven Universe the new Homestuck? - Plaid - 10-26-2015

Plot twist: peridot is homestuck trash

RE: Is Steven Universe the new Homestuck? - chimericgenderbeast - 10-26-2015

homestuck's on hiatus, steven universe is on hiatus
coincidence??? i think not

RE: Is Steven Universe the new Homestuck? - Infrared - 10-26-2015

Homestuck is better because it has huge chat logs, blood and tumblr analogies. What does SU have? Fusions ripped straight outta DBZ? Came awn, himestuck did the merging ghost thing so much better.

RE: Is Steven Universe the new Homestuck? - Jacquerel - 10-26-2015

the mayor in homestuck is like twelve times better than the one in steven universe

RE: Is Steven Universe the new Homestuck? - Solaris - 10-26-2015

when is someone going to remix the mayor song from homestuck with th mayor dewey soundclip

RE: Is Steven Universe the new Homestuck? - AgentBlue - 10-27-2015

So how about that Gravity Falls, eh

RE: Is Steven Universe the new Homestuck? - OTTO - 10-28-2015

RE: Is Steven Universe the new Homestuck? - Plaid - 10-28-2015

I did not enjoy it much, to be honest. Apart from Wendy.

RE: Is Steven Universe the new Homestuck? - Infrared - 10-29-2015

I saw a couple of episodes while having breakfast at a restaurant, it was kind of funny and the artstyle is alright, plus Paul Robertson made pixel art for it on a few episodes (which i haven't seen). It's the only modern cartoon i'd give a watch if it happened to be on, or just to see P.Robertson's art.
There's something about modern cartoons that doesn't appeal to me, some have elements that the others don't (like crazy random humour), but they all seem to blend together in my eyes; i can't say for sure if it's the artstyle, the general themes (they all seem to take themselves way too seriously), the type of humour, the anime influences, the viewership, or just the fact I'm getting old and bitter. I dunno, man. This is just my completely uneducated opinion, cuz the only one i've seen is adventure time and i stopped watching after the genderbent episode, i know all the general premises though, just from browsing the internet, which is kinda impressive.

RE: Is Steven Universe the new Homestuck? - Plaid - 10-30-2015

Adventure time was good for a while, but it got stale and then turned into finn angsts about not having a girlfriend part 59283? It wasn't good. Some of the other shows are a lot better, but lately Gravity falls has added another character whom i don't like at all and has p much ruined the amazing dynamic the characters had going on earlier. Plus this episode was... I don't know, it was goofy where it possibly shouldn't have been and there were a bunch of new characters introduced out of nowhere which sorta ruined their impact? Normally GF is really on the ball so i don't know what happened here

RE: Is Steven Universe the new Homestuck? - Infrared - 10-30-2015

BALEROS ARE AWESOME!

At least Korra's artsyle and animation were mostly great (haven't watched it either, but i did watch the last airbender and that was very good so i'm basing my opinion on that). I'm really not in a position to be critical of SU since i only watched the pilot plus the first episode, but there's something about the artstyle that doesn't click with me (i liked Rebecca Sugars older artstyle better). So basically, yeah, i understand why it's so great for other people but i'd rather play some trompo

RE: Is Steven Universe the new Homestuck? - OTTO - 10-30-2015

RE: Is Steven Universe the new Homestuck? - Jacquerel - 10-30-2015

I am actually the new ball and cup game.

RE: Is Steven Universe the new Homestuck? - Reyweld - 11-03-2015

Counter point: is Homestuck the new avatar: the last air bender, and by extention Steven Universe is the new new homestuc: the last air bender

whoops i donked up

RE: Is Steven Universe the new Homestuck? - OTTO - 11-03-2015

RE: Is Steven Universe the new Homestuck? - ICan'tGiveCredit - 11-03-2015

the fire nation attacked.

RE: Is Steven Universe the new Homestuck? - Reyweld - 11-03-2015

Only the avatar, master of all 118 elements, could stop them. But when the world needed him most, he died of the flu.

RE: Is Steven Universe the new Homestuck? - Infrared - 11-04-2015

He died of pretentiousness

RE: Is Steven Universe the new Homestuck? - Coldblooded - 11-04-2015

Yeah the Boring Love Triangles were easily the worst part of LOK's early storyline. They mostly did away with all the romance sideplots about halfway through the second season for good, but it's not like you would have known that if you were judging only based off of fan output or whatever.

I guess the moral of this story is that fandoms are always bad.

RE: Is Steven Universe the new Homestuck? - OTTO - 11-04-2015

RE: Is Steven Universe the new Homestuck? - Whimbrel - 12-20-2015

malkytop is the meme we never knew we wanted

RE: Is Steven Universe the new Homestuck? - Infrared - 12-22-2015

Is Undertale the new Homestuck? I'm not interested in the slightest but it is currently flooding the internet and i saw the name of one of the HS musicians thrown around as the creator or whatever and wasn't that person the one who made that awful mayor song? Also the Vriska (i think) song is super popular now and there's tons of remixes because it was featured in the game. I'd appreciate it if someone explained it to me because i trust you guys more than i trust Google.