Eagle Time
Waterworks - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Cool Shit You Can Do (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Forum Adventures (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Waterworks (/showthread.php?tid=1413)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: Waterworks - GuardianTempest - 02-26-2018

>Ask if, as the embodiment of self-restraint, the Superego makes herself look comparatively ugly out of self-deprecation
>Alternatively, ask if Superego resembles someone you don't like to see
>ALTERNATIVELY alternatively Ask to hand over the newspaper so you can thoroughly read it for yourself
>Best solution: Ask the Superego if the two of you can read the newspaper together.

>Unleash paradox due to feedback loop
>Pfff like that'll actually happen

RE: Waterworks - konstantin3001 - 02-26-2018

> It was you who was responsible for that wine glass? If so, thanks.
> Tell her you kind of made a mess with a film tape upstairs, sorry about that. It wouldn't spoil anything, right?
> Tell her you saw those two green guys and you're sure they are not a fragment of your imagination.
> What is happening outside of your mind? Is Slick ok? You felt something was happening out there, while dancing in your memory.
> Is there anything we can do about this whole hivemind thing?

Also, doubling the questions:

>Can we see the rest of that paper there?
>What are we going to watch? Memories or shenanigans?
>How do you feel about the whole hivemind such and such that went on and is currently going on?
>Do YOU have any questions?

RE: Waterworks - Fellow - 02-26-2018

>What would happen if we trained woodchucks to chuck wood? Would there be any geopolitical consequences?
>Have they been playing any good movies in this theater?
>Have they played inception?
>Do you want to hear a five hour long explanation on how everything in that movie made sense?
>How does your newspaper taste?
>Can I have a bite?
>Are you gonna be mad if I take a bite even though you said no?
>Did you bring popcorn?
>Is there a popcorn machine?
>Did you bring regular corn?
>Have you considered becoming a corn farmer?
>What's your mother's maidens name and the name of your first pet?
>Do superegos even have mothers and pets or are you just sad lonely orphans that nobody loves?
>How does it make you feel that nobody will ever love you?
>Have you ever kissed Id?

RE: Waterworks - typeandkey - 02-26-2018

>BAH! Metaphors and riddles? Phooey to that. Just push the newspaper aside. Your mind, your rules. It's the Connie way.

RE: Waterworks - smuchmuch - 02-26-2018

>For an embodiment of self resraint and everyhing supposed to keep you in check, she's certainely acting a bit arrogant, you sure some Id din't seep in there ?

>... Or some hivemind ? The fact she's not showing her face is a little suspicious. Then again, do you want to harm what little trust there is ?

Quote:Do superegos even have mothers and pets or are you just sad lonely orphans that nobody loves?

> Superegos ARE mothers. And fathers. And elementary school teachers. All lovingly patronizing, Overbearing and controlling. And everyone is a sad little orphans to them.

RE: Waterworks - Fellow - 02-26-2018

>Ask if she has glowy white eyes and purple cracks in her face like your real face does.

RE: Waterworks - Unclever title - 02-26-2018

>How do I (we?) beat the Hivemind and get back to being conscious?

RE: Waterworks - GUIGUI - 02-26-2018

>HOW THE F. DO I GET MY MIND NOT CONSUMED BY THE HIVEMIND, KICK IT OUT OF ME FOR GOOD, AND FINALLY GOD DAMN WAKE UP?

Also, you are not the hivemind, are you?

RE: Waterworks - CSJ - 02-28-2018

> "Face issues, huh. Let me guess, you're the one facet of this silly Freudian split of ours that's already goo-ed up. We both know we've seen worse.

Maaaaaaaaaaybe just one sneak peek?"

RE: Waterworks - Clownmask Clock - 03-05-2018

>Ask if this theater is made for brainwashing purposes for the mentally insane.

RE: Waterworks - LuFa - 03-05-2018

(02-21-2018, 03:32 PM)ProfessorLizzard Wrote: »>Make sure it is really your superego and not an impostor, ask something only your superego could know the answer for!

[Image: 2682.png]

It just dawned on you that you don't even know what a superego is.

[Image: 2683.png]

Fair enough.

(02-26-2018, 06:55 AM)juddy555 Wrote: »>If you set this up, why can't you just poof in snacks?

[Image: 2684.png]

She's got you there.

(02-26-2018, 06:55 AM)juddy555 Wrote: »>Why a theater?

[Image: 2685.png]

(02-26-2018, 06:55 AM)juddy555 Wrote: »>What are we going to watch? Memories or shenanigans?

[Image: 2686.png]

(02-26-2018, 06:55 AM)juddy555 Wrote: »>How do you feel about the whole hivemind such and such that went on and is currently going on?

[Image: 2687.png]

(02-26-2018, 09:11 AM)konstantin3001 Wrote: »> It was you who was responsible for that wine glass? If so, thanks.

[Image: 2688.png]

Wait, what wine glass? You don't follow.

(02-26-2018, 09:11 AM)konstantin3001 Wrote: »> Tell her you kind of made a mess with a film tape upstairs, sorry about that. It wouldn't spoil anything, right?

[Image: 2689.png]

(02-26-2018, 09:11 AM)konstantin3001 Wrote: »> Tell her you saw those two green guys and you're sure they are not a fragment of your imagination.

[Image: 2690.png]

(02-26-2018, 02:15 PM)Fellow Wrote: »>Ask if she has glowy white eyes and purple cracks in her face like your real face does.

[Image: 2691.png]

[Image: 2692.gif]

[Image: 2693.png]

RE: Waterworks - Smurfton - 03-05-2018

Why do you look like me if i was infested by a hivemind?

RE: Waterworks - GuardianTempest - 03-05-2018

Demand an explanation and fortify yourself, she might try to attack or get away. You'll get your answers right here and right now, with GLORIOUS SINGLE COMBAT if you have to.

RE: Waterworks - juddy555 - 03-05-2018

>If you can poof in snacks, can't you poof in cup holders?

RE: Waterworks - Fellow - 03-05-2018

>Do those crockroach legs work?
>There are two options here. Either superego knows you look like that cause of her being the observer she is and she changed her looks for accuracy, or she is the part of your brain that is infested and she has to go, forever.

RE: Waterworks - konstantin3001 - 03-05-2018

> You are not even surprised.

> Still, she kinda warned you about that and was probably hiding her face so you wouldn't freak out.

> Wait, your real face looks like that?

> Also, save the newspaper for future reading.

RE: Waterworks - SirBlizz98 - 03-05-2018

>Leave. You aiiiiiiiiin't got time for this shit.

RE: Waterworks - typeandkey - 03-05-2018

>"A-HA!!! Thought you could fool me, did you?!.... Um... What now?..."

RE: Waterworks - ProfessorLizzard - 03-05-2018

I know what a Superego is, I was hoping for a thing like "The Time You Pretended To Be [insert subculture here]" : (

>Call your ID as backup

RE: Waterworks - Unclever title - 03-05-2018

>Ask for a reason why you shouldn't slap her silly right now.

RE: Waterworks - zobot257 - 03-05-2018

(03-05-2018, 08:35 AM)konstantin3001 Wrote: »> You are not even surprised.

Seconded. To be honest, this makes a lot of sense when you think about how the Hivemind had been behaving.

What’s the aspect of Connie that seemed to give the Hivemind the most trouble? Not higher thought, ethics, or the more intellectual aspects, but INSTINCT. The drives and urges associated with the meaty sausage of Connie’s body.

And, in a sense, it’s more fitting that the tool Connie has consistently had throughout her adventure, the tool she’s struggled with but also had to rely on in many cases, her MOOD RING, is tied with emotion rather than reason.

This isn’t necessarily a threat, but it feels very much in keeping with the established characters of the Hivemind and of Connie in general.

That being said...

>Fortifying oneself, or at least keeping on your guard, is very much recommended.

>We’ve seen how violent force plays out against the hivemind, and while not pointless, it seems to only be good for stalling or wasting time. Surrendering your identity or submitting to the hivemind isn’t on the table here. Ask your “Super Ego” how what she had intended to show you is in any way different from what the hive mind was trying to do when it was trying to gradaully seduce you and win you over with deception.

> If Super Ego isn’t willing to be straight up honest with you, then she’s probably too suspicious to trust.

RE: Waterworks - The One Guy - 03-05-2018

(03-05-2018, 08:19 AM)Fellow Wrote: »>There are two options here. Either superego knows you look like that cause of her being the observer she is and she changed her looks for accuracy, or she is the part of your brain that is infested and she has to go, forever.

Well, there is a third option: This is just the default look of a purely logical mind, which both the superego and the hivemind are.

Though I have no idea which of the three options it it.

RE: Waterworks - smuchmuch - 03-05-2018

>Well obviously if any part of of you is going to be down with fusing with a hivemind, it's going to be the part that is supposed to keep your idivdual impulses in check

>So is there a way to like partialy fuse while keeping our idivduality, maybe make the hiveming more human and convince it of another goal than eating everything ? That'd actualy be a fairly nice cmpromise for everyone

RE: Waterworks - GuardianTempest - 03-05-2018

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Webcomic/Waterworks

Meanwhile I don't want to be the only person who edits this page and I don't know how to add recent events there.

I wish I have something cool to say but I don't,and that makes me envious.

RE: Waterworks - konstantin3001 - 03-05-2018

GuardianTempest, I'm bad at naming the tropes. But tell me which one you've spotted and I'll see what I can do...