Eagle Time
Lucidstuck II - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Cool Shit You Can Do (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Forum Adventures (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Lucidstuck II (/showthread.php?tid=2474)

RE: Lucidstuck II - intrepidPioneer - 02-26-2018

(02-26-2018, 11:31 PM)detrimentalTravesty Wrote: »Wew, lurker unlurking for some fun. Adventure is top tier, nice job iP!

Welcome new comer!!!

RE: Lucidstuck II - ReedRGale - 02-27-2018

(02-26-2018, 11:31 PM)detrimentalTravesty Wrote: »Wew, lurker unlurking for some fun. Adventure is top tier, nice job iP!

@Theoneguy

I think Emily and Derrick and Lucia were on the same stage/page where not knowing what real life is, then Emily had a feeling it wasn't real then so did Lucia and Derrick is... well xD

Eyyy, nice to see another person ascending from lurkerhood! You should join the discord and say hi. ^u^

RE: Lucidstuck II - Kayriel - 02-27-2018

(02-26-2018, 07:12 PM)The One Guy Wrote: »
(02-26-2018, 11:09 AM)ReedRGale Wrote: »
(02-26-2018, 07:26 AM)TerraTorment Wrote: »stuff

stuff

I was under the impression that Emily and Garry's "awareness" stems from their out-of-construct selves (aka Nightmare and Daydream equivalents) inserting themselves into the construct, not them somehow becoming aware of their status. In Garry's case it being him sometimes "taking over" his in-construct self and Emily's case being originally excluded from the construct (with her "self" in the construct being a fake intended to be killed off) and she used some ability to get in and jump around to different points (with a side effect of some mental fogginess upon entering).

I was also under the impression, that Derrick learning about the about the construct would be a bad thing as it might damage the construct, and has nothing to do with waking Lucia, nor is it necessary to "prepare" for fusing with Nightmare. And that Garry's plan was simply to get him to not blindly trust Alice, not to make him more aware of the construct.

But then, this is all from memories and possibly some conclusion-jumping, so I could be completely wrong.

We're not sure about Emily, but Garry and Lucas have both mentioned they're from outside the construct. Garry seems to poke his head in and switch out with his in-construct version, like DD does with Alice sometime. Lucas murders his in-construct self each repetition apparently and takes his place...?

But in general the rest of this I also recall as being a thing. May not be wholly accurate, but getting Derrick to realize he's not even a real person is definitely a bad thing, yes. Just a figment made by Daydream with the hope of saving Real!Derrick/Nightmare from his god-tier death.

RE: Lucidstuck II - intrepidPioneer - 03-18-2018

Derrick: go wash your face, you need to be more awake for this. While you do, try to remember more specifically what you spoke of with Reggie, regarding all the questions he told you to try. Try to go first in this conversation, whatever your sister wants to talk about may distract you later.

[Image: xg7sB35.png]

You go downstairs and decide to wash your face. You also recall something Reggie said in your dream, or maybe something you already wanted to get off your chest. Perhaps the origins aren't important.

[Image: FBfnKzn.png]

After doing so, you feel less sleepy but still sort of grumpy, you find it strange you feel this way.

[Image: d3nPWal.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: aCcRjyQ.png]

Show ChatlogShow

You begin to feel uncomfortable. You take note that your sister is being a bit awkward as well.

1. Talk about past
2. Address Wednesday's night out

RE: Lucidstuck II - Panur - 03-18-2018

> 1

we've already had it hitned derrick's not ready for a big bomb, better stick to reggie's script

RE: Lucidstuck II - neferiusNexus - 03-18-2018

>1 as-well
...that knife on the counter up there never looked more ominous xO

RE: Lucidstuck II - Heyoceama - 03-18-2018

> 1

Right now we need Derrick to grasp his situation. Otherwise he can't really do much to help fix it.

RE: Lucidstuck II - Fellow - 03-18-2018

>1
Reggie's examples were from the past, and we have more ammunition about the past than about wednesday.

RE: Lucidstuck II - intrepidPioneer - 03-25-2018

Derrick: Talk about past

[Image: pSN4Rlk.png]

Show ChatlogShow

1. She seemed genuine (Pass)
2. She's lying to you (Blow up)

RE: Lucidstuck II - TerraTorment - 03-25-2018

>2
the time has arrived

RE: Lucidstuck II - ReedRGale - 03-25-2018

> Derrick: Blow up, but remember not to do anything crazy. Be ready for anything.

RE: Lucidstuck II - Khanofallorcs - 03-25-2018

>2 "You filthy FUCKING LIAR"

RE: Lucidstuck II - Panur - 03-25-2018

> Derrick: take a deep breath to calm yourself, remember what you promised Garry then ask Alice Ask her why she opened the letter if it wasn't addressed to her. If she knew her friends were being physically abusive to Lucia and she didn't tell them to, why didn't she ask them to tone it down? What was she thinking to find in Garry's bag, and what exactly was she planning to do with whatever she found? What school did she go to before coming back to yours? How long has she known lexii? How come she wasn't able to visit you for years but she's gone to Lexii's house, who lives close by. Why did you never meet anywhere else for the matter? Ask her if she's ever been to the house before you brought her back. Ask her again about her room and the locked door. Did the police ever contact her about it?

ask her if she knows it'd hurt your trust in her if you knew she was lying

RE: Lucidstuck II - TerraTorment - 03-25-2018

(03-25-2018, 10:41 PM)Panur Wrote: »> Derrick: take a deep breath to calm yourself, remember what you promised Garry then ask Alice Ask her why she opened the letter if it wasn't addressed to her. If she knew her friends were being physically abusive to Lucia and she didn't tell them to, why didn't she ask them to tone it down? What was she thinking to find in Garry's bag, and what exactly was she planning to do with whatever she found? What school did she go to before coming back to yours? How long has she known lexii? How come she wasn't able to visit you for years but she's gone to Lexii's house, who lives close by. Why did you never meet anywhere else for the matter? Ask her if she's ever been to the house before you brought her back. Ask her again about her room and the locked door. Did the police ever contact her about it?

ask her if she knows you can tell when she's lying.

I propose we ask these after derrick calls alice a liar, doing this before is actually risky, i think

why i think its risky: by doing this we'd be deviating from reggie's plan, reggie's plan's goal is to remove derrick's "clouded vision" which won't go away until he calls alice a liar, its absolutely key to do this, by asking more questions we might risk derrick getting more angry (because of clouded vision) and we might possibly get a visit from the friendly neighborhood half-devil half-angel doll, i believe derrick will keep a level head when the cloudyness is gone, and he'll be able to face the truth

for now, >2

RE: Lucidstuck II - ReedRGale - 03-25-2018

I disagree, I think these are important to ask and note now. Seconding Pan's.

EDIT:

My thoughts are that it might be a more subtle way to show Alice that she's not the boss of Derrick. All she really needs to know is that Derrick knows what she's lying and that he doesn't want to be pushed around anymore. This might be a calmer alternative altogether.

In my experience the most terrifying experiences are when someone calmly berates you, not when they get angry. When they get angry once in a blue moon, you feel justified in what you did because they blew up at you. If you calmly inform them you know their bullshit then it puts them firmly in the wrong.

To sweeten the deal, I might add that if Derrick threatens her, perhaps adding a "I could push Gramps in a direction, if you tell me the truth and we set some ground rules." which would firmly plant Derrick in providing both stick and carrot.

"I know you're lying, but I know you want to stay here with me so I think it's time we had a relationship between two people, not between a puppet and a master."

RE: Lucidstuck II - Fellow - 03-25-2018

I don't think pan's idea is the best way to go here.
>2

RE: Lucidstuck II - intrepidPioneer - 03-26-2018

Derrick: She's lying to you

[Image: Dnx9RJq.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: p5DgyXu.png]

Show ChatlogShow

1. Press the issue
2. Drop it

RE: Lucidstuck II - Panur - 03-26-2018

> Derrick: take a breather. You need time to process this. Tell Alice to give you space then grab your things and go to school. maybe try to get Garry before classes if you feel like talking to someone, bring reggie in the backpack.

RE: Lucidstuck II - detrimentalTravesty - 03-26-2018

Someone's about to get knifed

>2

RE: Lucidstuck II - Heyoceama - 03-26-2018

(03-26-2018, 12:04 AM)Panur Wrote: »> Derrick: take a breather. You need time to process this. Tell Alice to give you space then grab your things and go to school. maybe try to get Garry before classes if you feel like talking to someone, bring reggie in the backpack.

Seconding.

RE: Lucidstuck II - TerraTorment - 03-26-2018

(03-26-2018, 12:04 AM)Panur Wrote: »> Derrick: take a breather. You need time to process this. Tell Alice to give you space then grab your things and go to school. maybe try to get Garry before classes if you feel like talking to someone, bring reggie in the backpack.

i second the part about taking a breather and calming down, but i would like to keep interrogating alice

> Derrick: take a breather. slow down, and demand answers from alice, have her tell you what exactly she did to your parents and why.

RE: Lucidstuck II - ReedRGale - 03-26-2018

Seconding Pan's post. Or ">2" If that's an option.

I don't think we should press anymore. There's a time and place for things and we've pushed enough for now.

RE: Lucidstuck II - Khanofallorcs - 03-26-2018

2 Drop the issue ... for now.

RE: Lucidstuck II - PenglogEnfys - 03-26-2018

When i was little, i was an abuser. I am the oldest child in my family, and i only have three sister's. I knew i had an responsibility to watch and take care of them,but i thought it was boring and stupid. Instead, i got physical, because every negative thing they said to me was something that i wanted to teach them. I now regret everything what i did back when i was a kid. Today we mostly keep to ourselves, and sure we say some stuff but never did we stir up some violence every again.
So i know exactly what derrick will feel if he ever goes down that road. My choice is option 2, but if it's 1 instead then let me tell him this.
Derrick: Be careful what you say, you may press on if you want to know more, but if you sister is still reluctant to say anything, then you need to breath and walk away. Don't get physical.

RE: Lucidstuck II - neferiusNexus - 03-26-2018

That... couldn't have been easy to admit there PE. I'd just like to say that people can change, for better or worse, but in the end it's our choices and the lessons we learn along the way which define us.

throwing my vote on the >2 pile and seconding Pan's suggestion we bring Reggie-doll along in Derrick's backpack :)

(also, DAMN! Derrick's text changing color was a nice touch. Scene almost makes it seem like Nightmare is bleeding through)