Eagle Time
We chat about videogames and videogame accessories. - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Chat (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chatter (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories. (/showthread.php?tid=197)

RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accesories. - Woffles - 07-06-2012

(07-06-2012, 05:25 AM)Mehgamehn Wrote: »(A bunch of very good points)

I can see where you're coming from, but I'm still not quite sold. The white block was a really good example of a secret you can't know about through gamesense alone, but that's exactly where the Sonic Adventure secret and your example differ: You do know that there's something up there. You can see the platform, and you can seen the ladders, and you can at least assume that you'll have to do something to lower and raise that platform to get to the ladder to see what could be up there.

And that's exactly why I think the secret is designed poorly: It makes you /think/ the answer is something intuitive when it isn't. You're left to think you're missing something somewhere back, or can't see a lever with which to work the platform. An analogy would be that the chest with the whistle from level 3 is in plain sight at the level's exit, but won't open unless you ducked through the white platform. The way the level is designed does let you know you're missing out on something, and makes you believe it's your fault, so saying "what you don't know won't hurt you" in that specific case doesn't hold water.

RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accesories. - g0m - 07-07-2012

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BIGGEST-COLLECTION-EVER-22-SEGA-NINTENDO-PC-ENGINE-FULLSETS-FACTORY-SEALED-/300736846867?pt=FR_Jeux_Vid%C3%A9o&hash=item4605501c13#ht_167569wt_805

for all you collectors out there

RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accesories. - Mehgamehn - 07-07-2012

You know whats bad design having to leave and then come back into a Galaxy to find all the Green stars in Galaxy 2

I mean come on the whole point of the Green Stars is that they are hidden and not mission based why can I not just collect one and stick around in the world and find the others while I am there?

EDIT: Btw Woffles you make a good point, the existence of the ladders can be rather a punch in the neck to the player if they can't actually get up there by ladder.

Also I think I wanna make a tier list of in-game things, so I can classify things easily. Main Quest, Side Quest, Bonus Quest, Mini-Game, Secrets

Green Stars would be Bonus Quest, and Bonus Quests need to be well-designed too >:C

RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accesories. - g0m - 07-07-2012

they released wipeout for the saturn? that's pretty cool.

RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accesories. - g0m - 07-09-2012

WAIT A MINUTE. there;s a beautiful naked woman on that page,,

RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accesories. - Solaris - 07-09-2012

oh shit you're right!
:O

RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accesories. - Mehgamehn - 07-09-2012

Man if you can manage to read the little tiny words on it, its hella fun to do in a Scout voice

BA-DUH-BOOM BA-DUH-BING

RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accesories. - whoosh! - 07-16-2012

I heard Myst was pretty good and the Masterpiece Edition was going fairly cheaply in the Steam sale so I bought it.

I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this game. Just

what

I'm guessing that's the point, but

what

RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accesories. - Granolaman - 07-17-2012

WHY CAN'T I STOP BUYING ALL THESE STEAM GAMES?!

RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accesories. - MaxieSatan - 07-17-2012

(07-17-2012, 01:58 AM)Granolaman Wrote: »WHY CAN'T I STOP BUYING ALL THESE STEAM GAMES?!

Because Valve are marketing geniuses who know that if everything's on sale people will buy more.
I guess those two statements are unrelated because the latter is p. obvious

RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accesories. - Not The Author - 07-17-2012

That reminds me: Opinions on Ys? Most of the things I've yet to buy are still over $10 (Ys Origins, QUBE), but if they don't drop farther, should I get them anyway?

RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accesories. - TheBoyd - 07-17-2012

I'd never heard of Ys until I saw that my friend had bought it during the steam sale.
I still know very little except, a JRPG on steam?!!?

RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accesories. - AgentBlue - 07-17-2012

Unfortunately, I have been corrupted, and this is the only Ys I can think of.

RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accesories. - Mehgamehn - 07-17-2012

I played a Ys game once and it was terrible. I think it was

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ys:_The_Ark_of_Napishtim

But that's only because its the only one that looks like what I remember. Frankly I never got out of the first area due to hellish boredom, so it might be much better than I'm giving it credit for, but then again, if I'm so bored during the beginning of an RPG, a game-type where I'm already fully prepared for, and tolerant of, slow starts, I'd have to say it was REALLY boring.

RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accesories. - Granolaman - 07-20-2012

Relatedly, anyone wanna team up on a cheap multiplayer/co-op game? I've got a million games and nothing to play.

RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accesories. - AgentBlue - 07-20-2012

L4D2 I has, as well as TF2....but I suck at them, and also timezones ><

RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accesories. - Ixcaliber - 07-25-2012

Today I finished Ghost Trick which I'd had since I bought my DS and just hadn't got around to playing yet. It was pretty great, I love puzzle games.

I got some money on my birthday and I bought the first Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright, and as if to tempt me away from post writing Professor Layton turned up this morning and I suddenly feel like I'm not going to get anything done again today.

RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accesories. - Ixcaliber - 07-31-2012

Oh my god scribblenauts. I have important things to be doing but why can I not stop playing this game.

aaaaaa

RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accesories. - AgentBlue - 07-31-2012

Yesssss Ix you have discovered the wonder that is 5th Cell gaaaaames

RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accesories. - Not The Author - 08-09-2012

Unexpectedly for me, vidjagame accessories.

I'm not exactly... excited by this news? But that the hardware/software for VR headsets is not only viable for mass manufacture but is also reportedly of reasonable quality certainly interests me. Worst-case scenario, it's gimmicky and doesn't catch on except amongst an annoying, vocal minority. But given all the positive press this thing's generating, one finds oneself hopeful.

RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accesories. - Mehgamehn - 08-09-2012

Its so weird

Like in Middle School, real Virtual Reality was like some mega dream that I wanted. Now it scares and confuses me.

Good link though

RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accesories. - Gnauga - 08-09-2012

I finished Bastion and oh sweet baby jesus was it some good shit, and I'm very sad that it is over.

Oh wait, there's New Game+. See you guys in a few days.

RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accesories. - AgentBlue - 08-11-2012

Hmmm...fourth playthrough of Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, and I find I'm coming into Bowser's Castle significantly higher-levelled than I used to. But I haven't exactly done any level grinding, nor have I really played the game more or less involvedly...maybe my reaction time has improved?

RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accesories. - ThisTime - 08-12-2012

(08-09-2012, 10:25 PM)Gnauga Wrote: »I finished Bastion and oh sweet baby jesus was it some good shit, and I'm very sad that it is over.

Oh wait, there's New Game+. See you guys in a few days.

Hnnnngh i love that game so muchhhh. I still replay it every few months

RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accesories. - Jacquerel - 08-14-2012

Mann Versus Machine