Eagle Time
cats or dogs - Printable Version

+- Eagle Time (https://eagle-time.org)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: BAWK BAWK (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+---- Forum: Hawkspace (https://eagle-time.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+---- Thread: cats or dogs (/showthread.php?tid=1174)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

cats or dogs - ☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ - 11-17-2015

please do not bring whatever clever third option you are dreaming up into this thread. that means no lizards, birds, snakes, frogs, bugs, rocks. this thread is strictly for comparing our fuzzy mammalian friends who are equal to or above the size of a human baby. (that means no hamsters or mice, either.)

i'm on team cat. for starts, cats don't bark. they don't bark when they want fed, they don't bark for no reason in the middle of the night and wake up you and your neighbors, they just don't bark. conversely, dogs don't purr. you can keep a cat inside and it's no big deal. in fact, it's probably better to given their predatory instincts which i KNOW some bird fan is gonna bring up later. cats are friendlier than is commonly believed, they're just independent instead of a slobbering sycophant. this means that they're also much more convenient, less demanding, but they're still there when you want something to pet. cats are cleaner and also don't eat literally anything put in front of them, including their own poop

RE: cats or dogs - SleepingOrange - 11-17-2015

cats are my problematic fave, sorry schazer and 33+ species extinct due to my fuzzy little lovemuffin

e: just bird species, to say nothing of lizards, small mammals, etc

RE: cats or dogs - Reyweld - 11-17-2015

I would like to say that I find most dogs scary and stressful to be around, and I have never met a cat I didn't like.

I have never met a cat.

Ever.

RE: cats or dogs - Plaid - 11-17-2015

(11-17-2015, 10:08 PM)SleepingOrange Wrote: »cats are my problematic fave, sorry schazer and 33+ species extinct due to my fuzzy little lovemuffin

e: just bird species, to say nothing of lizards, small mammals, etc

Pretty much my thoughts. I feel better knowing that my cat doesn't catch birds, only mice (that i'm aware of, anyway. Lord knows he tries).

Dogs are a bit like children in that i'm fine playing with them and hanging out for a bit but i do not much enjoy taking care of 'em long term.

RE: cats or dogs - Schazer - 11-17-2015

I'm dating two dog people and a cat person so I think I gotta back up dogs here, though if life circumstances permitted you would bet I'd have all of the above living in my relatively convenient vicinity

Joke answer: capybara

RE: cats or dogs - SleepingOrange - 11-18-2015

The longer I live, the more I question how ethical it is to keep pets at all; with cats, for instance, you either give them free reign to go outside and they kill huge numbers of small animals (many or most of which are not pest species) or they have little to no unsupervised outdoors time which can lead to a whole host of psychological and health problems. Neither of those outcomes really seem fair

I mean, I still have and love my itty bitty kitty, but I worry that I shouldn't.

RE: cats or dogs - Plaid - 11-18-2015

I'll have to break the news to your son that you like dogs better, schaz. He will be devastated.

I cannot believe you would betray us like this

RE: cats or dogs - Schazer - 11-18-2015

My son will be strong, I still love and admire him

RE: cats or dogs - chimericgenderbeast - 11-18-2015

dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs

RE: cats or dogs - Mirdini - 11-18-2015

[Image: C9n8Eba.png]

RE: cats or dogs - Sai - 11-18-2015

I'm allergic to cats; otherwise, I'd like them better. Dogs are pretty cool too, though, and they love you unconditionally.

RE: cats or dogs - Mirdini - 11-18-2015

(11-18-2015, 08:00 AM)Sai Wrote: »I'm allergic to cats; otherwise, I'd like them better.

This sums up my opinion on cats as well.

RE: cats or dogs - Plaid - 11-18-2015

I've been getting itchy around our cats lately (i like to bury my face in their fur) and i'm afraid the allergies are coming for me

Mum is allergic to our cats to the point where she can't breathe but we still have them though, so.

RE: cats or dogs - Kitet - 11-18-2015

(11-18-2015, 08:05 AM)Mirdini Wrote: »
(11-18-2015, 08:00 AM)Sai Wrote: »I'm allergic to cats; otherwise, I'd like them better.

This sums up my opinion on cats as well.

yeah, same here

here's an advantage dogs have over cats, though:
cats are all roughly the same size, while dogs come in a wide variety of huggable shapes

RE: cats or dogs - ☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ - 11-18-2015

you would be a dog person, kitten eater

RE: cats or dogs - Infrared - 11-19-2015

None, pets are a nuisance. I can only love myself.

RE: cats or dogs - ICan'tGiveCredit - 11-19-2015

i like pets, but not the responsibility associated with them

RE: cats or dogs - chimericgenderbeast - 11-20-2015

i really appreciate that dogs and cats are tied
(dogs are still better though)

RE: cats or dogs - Plaid - 11-20-2015

I'll fight you sanzh

RE: cats or dogs - Kíeros - 11-25-2015

1) Cats are a-holes
2) The best characters are a-holes
THEREFORE
3) Cats are the best characterspet ∎

What do you mean that that's an undistributed middle fallacy, and that I don't have support for 1 and 2? I used a tombstone! You can't argue with QED.

RE: cats or dogs - Schazer - 11-26-2015

dogs are just firm cats

RE: cats or dogs - OTTO - 11-26-2015

You must be registered to view this content.

RE: cats or dogs - Plaid - 11-26-2015

RE: cats or dogs - Loather - 11-29-2015

cats are dumber than dogs plus they stick their gross butts in your face when you pet them and leave dead animals on your porch and piss under your car and get weird eye boogers and are just so puny, so very small

RE: cats or dogs - Loather - 11-29-2015

they're ok

meanwhile, dogs are perfect